Ep. 134 - The Strike Rides Again!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 134 - The Strike Rides Again!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 134 - "The Strike Rides Again!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 165 min., 5 sec. (2:45:05) - 75.6 MB

Episode Summary:
A double dose of series featuring the Strike Gundam in this episode as we review Gundam Build Fighters Ep. 1-5! Then, the voices of Kira & Athrun from Gundam SEED & Destiny, Matt Hill & Sam Vincent sit down with us for an extended interview!

Special Guests: Sam Vincent & Matt Hill

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "An Important Foreword!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:04:53

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:04:53 - 0:05:27

03. "Seattle Sabotage" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 0:05:27 - 0:05:58

04.1st Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Gundam Build Fighters: Episodes 1-5" (TV Series, 2013)
Runtime: 0:05:58 - 1:23:45

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:23:45 - 1:24:14

06. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 1:24:14 - 1:25:26

07. 2nd Segment: "Athrun & Kira's Excellent Adventure! - An Interview with Sam Vincent & Matt Hill"
Runtime: 1:25:26 - 2:36:53

08. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:36:53 - 2:37:54

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:37:54 - 2:38:44

10. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/iTunes Reviewer & Gundam The Origin Supporter Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:38:44 - 2:45:05

Many thanks to our guests Matt & Sam for taking time to talk to us and make sure to keep up with their latest projects by following them on Twitter @SamVincent71 & @MattHillinspire! Don't forget to hit up @DollowR with a big thank you for arranging this interview!

EDITOR'S NOTE: There were a few technical issues that occurred during the recording of the beginning of this episode. For the full story, listen to the opening segment.

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Silver_August

Re: Ep. 134 - The Strike Rides Again!

Are the posts read during the first segment of the show going to be skipped in future episodes or they gonna be looked at again? (and based on the broke up sample) laughed at further and possibly blamed for cursing the audio lol

Btw, you're a major trooper for salvaging what you did because watching the beginning of the segment - you can tell, but that's an accomplishment!
YokozunaBulldozer

Kudos to Father Soul Bro Ryu a.k.a. The Pope of Hopes and Dreams
Too bad some of the segments were lost but I am happy the Gundamn Trio beared with it to provide us with another fine episode.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
phillosmaster

That sample corrupted audio SB played sounded like madness. It was like a writhing tentacle storm of misplaced podcast phrases. You guys sold me. I'm excited to watch Gundam Build Fighters. I wasn't planning on watching it till now.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
YokozunaBulldozer

I saw a sample of Gundam X Maoh today at the hobby store I go to frequently, and hope to get one next month. It is an impressive little kit for sure, and glad to hear I was not the only one who laughed hard when Mao was in Garrod's clothes in the midst of imaginationland.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Saber

That interview was hilarous, truely. Certainly amongst the best the show has had so far.

I must say that I am puzzled however that no one mentioned that Samuel Vincent did not only voice Athrun Zala, but that he also voiced Tieria Erde in 00. Even odder considering he mentioned in the podcast that he hasn't done any Gundam in years. The 00 movie was what, two years ago? That wasn't one of these types of dubs where actors used pseudonyms because they were involved with a different company, right? (like the Gankutsuou dub for instance)
jcncasval76

Did I just hear "Walls of Jericho" and Gundam fight in the same episode? Where's Earl Hebner when we need him to most? And then there's the "transwarp beaming" from Reiji, where's Scotty?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
eanetdude

Saber wrote:That interview was hilarous, truely. Certainly amongst the best the show has had so far.

I must say that I am puzzled however that no one mentioned that Samuel Vincent did not only voice Athrun Zala, but that he also voiced Tieria Erde in 00. Even odder considering he mentioned in the podcast that he hasn't done any Gundam in years. The 00 movie was what, two years ago? That wasn't one of these types of dubs where actors used pseudonyms because they were involved with a different company, right? (like the Gankutsuou dub for instance)
Yeah, I was screaming at my iPod for a few minutes there. LOL. No problem, we all have brain farts when presenting ourselves.

As a sound enthusiast as well, I certainly feel for Soul Bro. I've gone through dozens of instances where recordings and sound project files mysteriously vanish or become corrupt.
AJQ32

I really hope that you guys redo the Hoppers and Dreamers part in the next episode at least. And that you guys get to the mail bag next time too.

I gotta say that interview had me ROTFL the entire time. I swear if those guys ever gave up voice acting they could easily become a comedy team.
Chavelo

First I'd like to say when you played the sample of the bad audio. I thought Chris' evil laugh was awesome the way it just repeated. xD

Shame we didn't get the Neo's news. I always appreciate the enthusiasm he gives in delivering it. But still very amusing. I was as geeking out about all the little reference in Build Fighters. Especially all of the Ramba Ral humor xD

Keep up the good work! I really look forward to more on Build Fighters. xD
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Chavelo wrote:First I'd like to say when you played the sample of the bad audio. I thought Chris' evil laugh was awesome the way it just repeated. xD

Shame we didn't get the Neo's news. I always appreciate the enthusiasm he gives in delivering it. But still very amusing. I was as geeking out about all the little reference in Build Fighters. Especially all of the Ramba Ral humor xD

Keep up the good work! I really look forward to more on Build Fighters. xD
Don't worry the news will get its revenge.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke