The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Kei Katsuragi

Re: The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

Is it cool to have a perverted hope and dream posted here?

Edit: Nothing? Alrigty then.

Tis' my hope and dream that Japan drops their damn policy on censorship. You know who you are, out there. Those who agree with me, don't be ashamed. :twisted:
Silver_August

it aint mecha but I'm hoping for a new digimon anime that doesn't suck or give up half way
ZeonsSilverStar

Alright Kei I'll cosign on that. As for my own hopes and dreams I'd like to see more of the Gundam novels translated into english. This particular hope came about after I finished reading the novelization of Mobile Suit Gundam.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Kei Katsuragi

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Alright Kei I'll cosign on that. As for my own hopes and dreams I'd like to see more of the Gundam novels translated into english. This particular hope came about after I finished reading the novelization of Mobile Suit Gundam.
*salutes*

I'll return the favor. I want to read Sentinel so I can tell all those people who want it animated that it is overrated.
jntymuron31

I mentioned this one on Facebook a day or two ago, but I'll mention here now: Kamen Rider Decade travels to ALL the Gundam universe. Quoting Narutaki from "Decade": Onore Dikeido!!!
OrionsGambit

With "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin" manga being re-released in the US and an anime adaptation having been green-lit, my hope and dream is that (1) Bandai/Sunrise remake the entire original trilogy; Origin followed by some Zeta remake and ZZ/CCA remake and that (2) if remade they are kept as dark/greek tragedy as the originals and not dumbed down to 'happy-go-feely, war is bad' as we've seen over the last decade.
Mu La Flaga

I have a special hope and dream to submit and Chris will enjoy this one.
Wether he decides to crush it or not is up to him :P
Read the spoiler tags to find out what it is.
Spoiler
I hope for Emperor Palpatine and Dennis to return to Gundamn sometime or at least drop in for a visit
Edit: Well part of this happened on Gundam ep 112 actually ;)
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dollow

Removed
Last edited by Dollow on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
LightningCount

...I could ask about a Region 1 & English Dubbed Gundam X DVD release or a Season 3 for The BIG-O, but I have a very special dream from a guy named Chris:

MAHQ Article September 19, 2000
"Yes, Escaflowne is edited. However, it is the fourth new anime series to premiere on TV this year. Before 2000, there were only a handful of anime series on TV. Anime is here to stay, and after experiencing these first few rough years, the day will arrive when executives open their eyes and realize they don't need to edit shows to gain ratings. Anime is something that can sell itself, and fans will watch it without any modifications."

Source: http://www.mahq.net/rants/editorials/escaflowne.htm

I'm curious to hear how Chris will react to Chris of old, about anime being here to stay and TV execs opening their eyes to it. Should be fun to hear the verdict. Will he have to crush...his own hopes and dreams, Soul Bro? Say it isn't so!
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Silver_August

....I'm going to be that guy, but it's honestly all I got thats A. Mecha Related and B. within the realm of possibility even for me!

...I'd like to see another Zoids anime, given how they've adopted regular model conventions and ditched the days of old with the motor-driven non-possible kits, I think it'd be a great opportunity to just fully reboot the franchise with a new wave of models that are fully possible with custom gun accessory packs that you can buy separately and work with almost all kits so to encourage people making their own custom load-outs of the mecha.

That and come on...I love seeing Zoids go at it! In a world with genocidal grandfathers and super transforming cars, surely there's still room for mecha-animals?

Adding to that, it seems that a thing in japan with is customization, the fact the Transformers Prime line tacked on model kit guns in the form of Arms Microns (and do it yourself sticker applications...) is telling of this trend, so why not let Takara Tomy have something that's flat out models that encourage customization?
Last edited by Silver_August on Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daigundam lagaan

A Bioware (Or another developing studio that's potentially just as talented) game where the combat puts emphasis on mecha with Elements from Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Even better, a Gundam game with a Mass Effect-style universe/earth sphere. Macross can also be a good idea too because of relationship options
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Gisol888

daigundam lagaan wrote:A Bioware game where the combat puts emphasis on mecha. Even better, a Gundam game by Bioware.
yes! absolutely amazing idea! That would be awesome!
wow animes are just awesome!
angelwingzero

Star Wars episodes 7-9 actually being good? Also, Disney using the Star Wars Legacy story in a feature?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
hunterslasher13

Ever since I got a PS Vita on launch day I was hoping that this device would be as successful as the PSP. That's a little harder nowadays since the portable gaming market has drastically changed in the recent, I realize that but I still hope many gamers get there hands on this wonderful device(in my honest opinion).

I do hope that Sony and 3rd party developers support this device because right now there isn't much to play on that vita other then Persona 4 Golden.
Last edited by hunterslasher13 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hunterslasher13
PSN:Hunterslasher27
raijinz

Hoppin' on the Hopers & Dreamers scooter of awesomeness, I would like to see a Gundam Seed Astray OVA.

Those OVA Promos really got a lot of people excited that a new series would get made based on Lowe Gear and Gai Murakumo's adventures, and in my opinion the mangas were much more exciting than the main series with Jesus Yamato and Useless Athrun!

Peace Out!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
The Fowl Sorcerous

Gisol888 wrote:
daigundam lagaan wrote:A Bioware game where the combat puts emphasis on mecha. Even better, a Gundam game by Bioware.
yes! absolutely amazing idea! That would be awesome!
umm guys, they already did that. like 15 years ago. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/shattered_steel go buy it.
[[lorem ipsum]]
YokozunaBulldozer

A Super Robot Wars title with Doraemon.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
pqcomics

Hi guys. This my first posting here, so please be gentle. I have the craziest dream and i must share it!

I want Gundam to be real. You heard right. Anime Ja Nai!! I dream of a world with space colonies, mobile suits, newtype space magic, reverse space nazis ,the holy shabang. And Most importantly want to be apart of it , i want everyone to become a newtype so we can truly understand each other and live peace amoung the stars... Again please be gentle Chris.
BLoop
YokozunaBulldozer

A 1:1 scale Big Zam is constructed in Odaiba.
The control room can be a restaurant that serves Gundam-themed meals.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dest1ny_seedXshin

I hope for another great series from the cosmic era. And for people to stop hating on the wonderful production that was seed. Thank you.