The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
raijinz

Re: The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

I would like to see Harmony Gold either relent in their selfish stranglehold of Robotec or just get straight merc'd financially.

That way they'll be left with no other option than to let Macross free on our shores in all its jpop themed transformable mecha glory!

(I know there's more to it than that, but I feel the demise of Harmony Gold in its current form would be a start)
Last edited by raijinz on Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
pqcomics

Hello guys. I have another insane dream. And yes i was serious about what i said last time. But anyways.With all of Super Robot Chogokin GaoGaiGar Figures that are being released, I'm assured that we will get an actual Affordable Genesic GaoGaiGar. But what i want is a Goldion Crusher toy, and though however impossible, and expensive it would be, I'd gladly sell my soul to buy it.
...and Also a new GaoGaiGar anime. k thnx bye
Last edited by pqcomics on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLoop
Shaznobble

I hope for more non UC OVAs. Uc has been basically completely mined for ideas. The only thing that hasn't been touched on in animated form is Late UC, and as much as I want to see the series where the Newtype ghost of Paptimus Scirrocco starts the Zanscare empire on Jupiter, I don't think its gonna happen. Lets see a directors cut of the end of Gundam X, full 12 episodes long. The 14th Gundam fight! Hell, lets see an Astray adaption.
Silver_August

Shaznobble wrote:I hope for more non UC OVAs. Uc has been basically completely mined for ideas. The only thing that hasn't been touched on in animated form is Late UC, and as much as I want to see the series where the Newtype ghost of Paptimus Scirrocco starts the Zanscare empire on Jupiter, I don't think its gonna happen. Lets see a directors cut of the end of Gundam X, full 12 episodes long. The 14th Gundam fight! Hell, lets see an Astray adaption.
Now there's a reason to go back and explore the Cosmic Era some more! Stargazer showed there's hope in that idea.

For me though I'll just hope for a new anime series that isn't a drawn out OVA that finds a new way to tell a Gundam story that doesn't resort to recreating UC. Now I don't want to see something as extreme as G-Gundam again, that horse has had its time on display.

OH here's an idea I hope and dream to see, a Gundam series that explores AI and machines growing sentient, Wing had Mobile Dolls, but lets open up those Robot Tomes and explore the concepts of AI in a world at war.
Arbiter GUNDAM

My dream today is that Blizz won't make us wait another nearly three years for the final installment of StarCraft II. Cagalli is crying, Blizzard.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
daigundam lagaan

Another dream is for a condensed remastering of Naruto with all of the filler cut out, better animation, and answers to pressing questions the show never answered in their millions of episodes. Basically like Dragon Ball Z Kai, except Naruto. The show would have been freaking amazing if they just condensed it to 50 episodes for both the original and Shippuden. Really this is the most realistic hope and dream I ever will ask for.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Rodimus76

Hey now Gundamn team. Yup I've finally leaked onto another thread on MechaTalk. Anyways, in recent years we have been blessed with good movies such as the Lord of the Rings, Dark Knight trilogy, Star Trek, Iron Man, Hellboy, Sin City, Watchmen, 300, Dredd and the Avengers. As geeks it makes us feel good seeing the mainstream acknowledge these films and validates all those years during our childhood that we were misunderstood for the things we liked. With upcoming movies like Godzilla, Man of Steel, Star Trek 2, Star Wars 7, Avengers 2 and Justice League the future is looking very bright. With Guillermo Del Toro's film Pacific Rim it's a dream come true to finally have 2 genres clash into one single movie: Giant Mecha Robot vs Kaiju Giant Monster. One could hope that if this movie is successful we might get more big budget productions take on this genre. Gaiking has been confirmed and just today a director was named to finally direct the long awaited Robotech live action. The hoper in me wonders if a live action Gundam movie is now in the realm of possibility. Even should I dare say it at the risk of reviving the Dream Tyrant who is currently dormant, maybe Peter Jackson could get the live action Evangelion project off Weta Workshop's drawing boards.
pqcomics

I want the New GaoGaiGar Anime that i wished for last time ,to be GaoGaiGar VS...CTHULHU! Sunrise,TakaraTomy , i will give all of my money.
I also want Chris to bring back the hate to this segment. :(
EDIT: A dream actually came true!? Anything is possible guys keep hoping!
Last edited by pqcomics on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
BLoop
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hopefully the Destiny HD Remaster will fix Destiny's problems?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
daigundam lagaan

I wish the Lantis Recording company would forgive/overlook this scandal with Aya Hirano and re-hire her so we might be able to have more installments of Haruhi Suzumiya. I have admired Aya Hirano for years and hearing about her getting fired from Lantis was heartbreaking. The reason she did get fired was because of a scandal involving all of her bandmates except her bassist. Though I do not condone what she did at all(in fact I also wish she never did it), she's a celeb and alot of them get away with stupid things. mostly in America, and I know full well that Japan has different values. I also loved Haruhi Suzumiya and was ultimately looking forward to seeing more. She is such a talented seiyu, and I just wish that somehow she would be as active as she once was.
Though This probably might not be the reason why Haruhi is cancelled in the Anime industry, I still wanna see one of my favorite vocalists get through this and continue doing work.
And in response to Dollow below, I know that this dream(as well as my others) has an incredibly low chance of being realized. That's why it's just a hope and dream.
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Dollow

^
I agree with this, but only because I love Haruhi Suzumiya. However if a new show has not been announced yet, then it will mostly never happened, as it seems Kyoto Animation has moved on to other things, and the Japanese market can be A.D.D. about these shows. Whatever the standard for Japanese idols, I am sure they are not going to just forgive Aya Hirano overnight, her career is more or less done.

Sorry this dream is never going to happened, no matter how much hope you want it.
Last edited by Dollow on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
blackcomet1224

I hope one day the western world will get A.C.E R fully translated and with English and Japanese audio and the next gundam show be gundam beast(think gundams that transform into ZOIDS!)http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2010/09/n ... beast.html. I also hope that transformers prime appear in SRW one day. I would love to see Master asia beat the crap of Megatron, or Sanger Zanvolt and Ezalm vs starscream and Megatron.
Last edited by blackcomet1224 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ill take an army of clone troopers over storm troopers anyday, because one can aim and the other can not. Also i like t shape visors.
jehuty29

I'll dream big- we get actually get sequels Imagawa's mech shows- We'll get new Giant Robo, Shin Mazinger and G Gundam. the first two especially since they ended on freaking cliffhangers
pqcomics

Gundam SEED HD Remaster Bluray English release. That is all.
BLoop
YokozunaBulldozer

The Desperado, that construction mobile suit from Gundam AGE, is released as Master Grade number 200. As much as this is for fun I am half serious hoping this somehow happens. Even if it is not number 200 I want this displayed in hobby stores and then bought with hard-earned money.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

I want a world free of Piers Morgan and Jim Cramer.

Go Capcom!
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Flame-X

I hope and dream that consumers will stop buying into Aniplex USA's overpriced crap, so the company can either learn how to market their products the american way or they can GTFO. It's frustrating to see some of my favorite anime taken like hostages by these people since I could never afford them. Remember that Garden of Sinners bluray set that sold for $500+? The fact that those sold out within a month or so still blows my mind. This hope and dream most likely won't happen because to Aniplex USA, why fix that's not broken? :(
Last edited by Flame-X on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Silver_August

I hope for an announcement that the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime will continue, because dear god that snippet of Dio's coffin and Jotaro's cold stare were just the ultimate tease.

UPDATE (Oct 21st): Dreams DO come true! :D - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-for-2014

No dreams denied today sir!
Last edited by Silver_August on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
AJQ32

My hope and dream is there to be a basic cable Anime channel that every network would carry. I'm sick and tired of hearing about some new Anime channel and finding out is a Pay to View channel like HBO and that none of my local carriers have it. Its about time we got a channel that doesn't cost extra to get.

I think the reason why these pay to view anime channels always fail is because people are not willing to pay extra to watch anime when they can get it for free through "Methods" or by getting it cheaper from streaming services like Netflix. If it was a channel they got with their basic cable or satellite then they would do a lot better.
Last edited by AJQ32 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fodder

Dear Soul Bro,
I'm a big miniatures gamer and I only wish that there was a game out there where I could recreate battles in the Macross Universe. Something like a boxed set where you'd get everything you'd need for you and a buddy to defend the Earth or play for side of the dastardly Zentradi... OH WAIT YOU CAN!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrp ... -tacticstm

Fully funded in the first 3 hours and reaching TWO stretch goals in the first 12 hours. Take that Crossbone Gundam. You see dreamers money talks and everything else better have a comfortable pair of walking shoes. I know this is Robotech and not Macross, but my sentiment remains the same. Here's to hoping you have a Coke and a smile while you keep hope alive Soul Bro.
Please state the nature of the medical emergency.