Ep. 101 - The Second Coming of Age

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 101 - The Second Coming of Age

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 101 - "The Second Coming of Age"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 135 min., 41 sec. (2:15:41) - 62.1 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:19:41

02. Next Time on Chaos Theater - "Special 002: Save or Troll" (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:19:41 - 0:21:26

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:21:26 - 0:21:55

04. 1st Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Generation Two - Episodes 21 - 24 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:21:55 - 1:05:15

05. Next Time on Fighters Ready! - "Ep. 003: Beauties of the Brain Case!" (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:05:15 - 1:06:53

06. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:06:53 - 1:07:31

07. 2nd Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Generation Two - Episodes 25 - 28 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 1:07:31 - 2:07:27

08. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:07:27 - 2:08:18

09. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:08:18 - 2:09:17

10. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:09:17 - 2:15:41

The Super Pilot returns as we round out the reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam Age - covering reviews for episodes 21 - 28!

Also, Happy Birthday to the Bald Wizard of MAHQ & it's podcasts, Chris Guanche! Make sure to hit him up with birthday wishes!

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts also!:
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 024 - The Films of Christopher Nolan (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 025 - Transmetropolitan (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Ep. 008 - DAMN YOU, ThreeA! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Ep. 007 - The Girls of Gunpla (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 002 - Violent Fighting to Come Again! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music featured in this Episode:

Intro Segment, Opening BGM Selection:
- Title: "Recognizer" by Daft Punk
- Album: "Tron: Legacy" Motion Picture Soundtrack

Intro Segment, Closing BGM Selection:
- Title: "Unmei No Saki" by Kei Yoshikawa
- Album: "Mobile Suit Gundam Age" Original Soundtrack Vol. 2

Chaos Theater Promo, BGM Selection:
- Title: "We Are Sex Bob-Omb!" by Sex Bob-Omb
- Album: "Scott Pilgrim" Motion Picture Soundtrack

Segment One, Opening BGM Selection:
- Title: "sharp#" by Negoto

Segment One, Closing BGM Selection:
- Title: "Kimi no Naka no Eiyū (The Hero Within You)" by Minami Kuribayashi
- Album: "Mobile Suit Gundam Age" Original Soundtrack Vol. 1

Segment Two, Opening BGM Selection:
- Title: "My World" by SPYAIR

Segment Two, Closing BGM Selection:
- Title: "Asu e (To Tomorrow)" by Galileo Galilei
- Album: "Mobile Suit Gundam Age" Original Soundtrack Vol. 1

Fighters Ready! Promo, BGM Selection:
- Title: "80s sample beat (journey)" (Remix of "Mother, Father") by dj tee
- Original Source: from the album "Escape" by Journey

Outro Segment, BGM Selection I:
- Title: "Transformers Hip-Hop beat -Loop King aka King Beats" (Remix of "The Transformers G1 Theme") by KingStreetCustoms
- Original Source: from Season One of "The Transformers" (1984), theme written by Anne Bryant & Joe Bacal

Outro Segment, BGM Selection II:
- Title: "transformers sample beat #1" (Remix of "The Transformers G1 Theme") by dj tee
- Original Source: from Season One of "The Transformers" (1984), theme written by Anne Bryant & Joe Bacal

Shinjuku Station & MAHQ Signoff, BGM Selection:
- Title: "Ru-Ru-Ru-Russian Roulette" by Meiko Nakahara
- Album: "Dirty Pair" Original Soundtrack

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 101 - The Second Coming of Age

How come jabman gets a new title and I don't?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Destiny_Gundam wrote:How come jabman gets a new title and I don't?
Because Jabman is a worthy rival and you're just a whiner.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
daigundam lagaan

dear Soulbro, just to put in my own opinion, They don't fake deaths in AGE from what I've seen. Everyone basically stayed dead in this show, especially the ones who I thought would have lived like Yurin. Buut yeah, He's dead, along with Woolf. If not, then we'll have another Mu/Trowa in our hands, which I don't want. No reason to being Desil back either. Just writing this as I'm listening, couldn't resist voicing lol.

Keep up the good work guys :)
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Mu La Flaga

Can't comment on AGE much since not watching it.
I will say, good riddance Decill.

Can't comment on the mailbag or stuff also, since there was none.

I had the odd feeling we were due for Gundam AGE catch up again after the episode 100 celebration taking over.
Destiny_Gundam

hawk of endymion wrote:Because Jabman is a worthy rival and you're just a whiner.
You're just mad that you can't refute my well crafted arguements without resorting to childish name calling :P
mobiusdiablo

I had the same feeling at first, that Desil couldn't be dead. But yeah, after watching that scene multiple times, that mofo's dead. And sadly, I am also in the minority in this poll - AGE 1st generation is much better than the second.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
kayone73

I'll argue against the point made by the hosts that Flit's obtaining of Grodek's info was unexplained. In his original death scene it looks like he just deletes his data on the phone after getting shivved, but in the flashback scene in ep 28, they expand upon the scene. He manages to send it remotely to Flit and then deletes it.
Strike Zero

Well, evidently I'm a moron, because I also felt that generation one of Gundam AGE was better than generation two. Like, a lot better.

As lulzy (in a good way) as Decil coming back to torment the offspring of Asuno yet again would be, I'm gonna have to throw my hat in with the "he's dead, Jim" lot. That explosion was pretty intense, and him coming back wouldn't serve any necessary purpose as far as I can see.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Chris
Administrator

kayone73 wrote:I'll argue against the point made by the hosts that Flit's obtaining of Grodek's info was unexplained. In his original death scene it looks like he just deletes his data on the phone after getting shivved, but in the flashback scene in ep 28, they expand upon the scene. He manages to send it remotely to Flit and then deletes it.
Sorry, but you're imagining something that didn't happen at all. The flashback scene in 28 is the EXACT same footage of Grodek entering his PIN and deleting the files. No such thing as you described happens.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Deleted data can easily be recovered, though.

Personally I think Flit regathered all the information. He just wanted to credit it to Grodek.
Vent Noir

Re: The Magicians 8 and their dwindling numbers.

It puts me in mind of the Witches 5 from Sailor Moon S. There, after Mimete bumps off Eudial, she adds a nice touch by papering over the 5 on their door with a 4, just to rub it in. See here.

Edit: BTW, Soulbro, I liked the white AGE-2 as well, so you're not alone there.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
kayone73

Chris wrote:
kayone73 wrote:I'll argue against the point made by the hosts that Flit's obtaining of Grodek's info was unexplained. In his original death scene it looks like he just deletes his data on the phone after getting shivved, but in the flashback scene in ep 28, they expand upon the scene. He manages to send it remotely to Flit and then deletes it.
Sorry, but you're imagining something that didn't happen at all. The flashback scene in 28 is the EXACT same footage of Grodek entering his PIN and deleting the files. No such thing as you described happens.
My mistake, I watched the scene again, not sure why I remembered it differently.
Gundam420

As much as I hated the Fardain arc, I still think you can have more episodes in Generation 2. Namely two, but really, while I did like alot of moments here, G2 really was uneven in it's pacing. They could've spent a couple minutes or even less than a minute each episode expanding on the Woolf Team, the other characters, making the Magician's Eight look like a credible threat, and of course give the finale 3 episodes instead of 1 where you can showcase more character development and maybe show us the Woolf Team getting better. I don't know what was going on in the writer/director's mind for this generation ending this way, but I sincerely hope Generation 3 makes up for this.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
jabman025

Destiny_Gundam wrote:How come jabman gets a new title and I don't?
the EVAngelist titile is all yours pal

hawk of endymion wrote: Because Jabman is a worthy rival and you're just a whiner.
wait did Neo just give me a compliment...............who are you and what have you done with Neo
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote: Because Jabman is a worthy rival and you're just a whiner.
wait did Neo just give me a compliment...............who are you and what have you done with Neo
Got to build you up again to knock you back down.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:Because Jabman is a worthy rival and you're just a whiner.
You're just mad that you can't refute my well crafted arguements without resorting to childish name calling :P
Well crafted, huh. You time is coming.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Arbiter GUNDAM

Gundam420 wrote:As much as I hated the Fardain arc, I still think you can have more episodes in Generation 2. Namely two, but really, while I did like alot of moments here, G2 really was uneven in it's pacing. They could've spent a couple minutes or even less than a minute each episode expanding on the Woolf Team, the other characters, making the Magician's Eight look like a credible threat, and of course give the finale 3 episodes instead of 1 where you can showcase more character development and maybe show us the Woolf Team getting better. I don't know what was going on in the writer/director's mind for this generation ending this way, but I sincerely hope Generation 3 makes up for this.
I bet if Max and Arisa got into a fight with Denim and Jean, the Zaku boys would WIN.

BTW where is Soulbro's man in this arc? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Koshernova

Great episode as usual guys! I've been too busy with real life so I haven't been able to comment, or submit for the 100th episode, but I thoroughly enjoyed your troll-- I MEAN your awesome review of Evangelion. Yeah.

As for this episode, great take on the AGE episodes, and I love how you just refer to Flit as Gendo to troll the /m/ crowd :D

(to cover something you mentioned a few episodes bag responding my mailbag question: no, my girlfriends don't run away because I talk too much Gundam to them! I guess it's just the previous two were not big enough anime fans, and the current one kinda is).
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
yazi88

I'd have to say that Asem is the only protagonist in Gundam to kill a a major enemy character (Decil) in a very brutal fashion, first slicing down many times in a row then blast with no limbs left then ending with a rifle shot IIRC. The only other time I can think of in Gundam that came that close was in Unicorn episode 1 where 2 nameless and faceless ReZels completely steamroll the moron Geara Zulu Pilot.
Chavelo

Loved the episode. Amusing as always ;3

Can't wait to hear your opinions on the next generation!