Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles Char Custom

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Vent Noir

Re: Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles Char Custo

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dollow

4Kids Plans Sale of Major Yu-Gi-Oh! Assets to Firm Tied to Saban
Documents filed to the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York on Tuesday have revealed that North American anime distributor and Yu-Gi-Oh! anime licensee 4Kids plans to sell what they describe as "substantially all of [their] Yu-Gi-Oh!-related assets" to KidsCo Media Ventures LLC, a company that was incorporated on April 4, 2012, for ten million dollars. While KidsCo is incorporated in Delaware, the address listed in the documents for the company is identical to the address for the Saban Capital Group, an investment firm whose subsidiaries own the Power Rangers franchise and others, and contact emails listed for the company are also tied to the "saban.com" domain name. As part of the bankruptcy proceedings, an auction will be held for these assets if a qualified bidder appears, but as a "stalking horse bidder," KidsCo will enjoy bidding protections such as a fee that must be paid to them by a winning bidder.

The primary asset that will be acquired in the deal is what the documents refer to as the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Business," which is defined as "business relating to and commercial Use of Yu-Gi-Oh!, including the rights granted under the Yu-Gi-Oh! Grant Agreements, all other Purchased Assets relating to Yu-Gi-Oh!, The CW Block and [4Kids'] right to Use and profit from the foregoing and the Yu-Gi-Oh! Related Intellectual Property, the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Productions."

The proposed sale also includes the sale of rights relating to the Dragon Ball Z series, including 52 episodes of the television show, as well as the company's rights relating to Dragon Ball Z Kai. The closing date for the sale described in the agreement is June 30, 2012
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
eanetdude

Second trailer released for Gundam Unicorn episode 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05xLkNVTObA
wielder

New Gundam Entertainment Complex's Tour Video Posted
Gundam Front Tokyo exhibits, shop opened with rebuilt life-size Gundam on Thursday

The video shows the newly rebuilt 1/1-scale Gundam statue, Gundam Front Tokyo's collection of plastic models from throughout the franchise's history, and the complex's 16-meter-wide (52-foot-wide) hemispherical dome theater. Souvenirs such as Gundam mugs and cookies are available in the Gundam Front Tokyo shop. Gundam lattes and drinks available at Diver City Tokyo's Gundam Café, "GunPla-Yaki" — pastry snacks in the size and shape of the very first Gundam plastic model kit — filled with bean paste, cream, or other fillings as well as extra-long churros named "Beam Churro" after the Gundam franchise's beam sabers also feature in the video.

The Mainichi Shimbun newspaper's Mantan TV website began streaming a 214-second video tour of the new Gundam Front Tokyo entertainment complex on Monday.
Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... deo-posted
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Flame-X

"Schick x Evangelion" Promo Campaign!
Schick razors began a countdown until the launch of their collaboration with characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion. The campaign is set for April 25 with the subtitle "until Gendo Ikari makes up his mind to do something." Schick collaborated with One Piece in 2010.
Update: CMs here.
Last edited by Flame-X on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
snoops619

3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Dollow

Macross Do You Remember Love Hybrid Pack Trailer and Screens
Namco Bandai released a five minute trailer for Macross Do You Remember Love Hybrid Pack.

This latest PlayStation 3 anime and game hybrid disc includes the much anticipated Blu-ray release of the Do You Remember Love movie, the latest PlayStation 3 Macross flight action game, and, as a first print run bonus, a download code for PlayStation's Do You Remember Love game.
Look below for the trailer and screens from the HD remastered version of the movie.

HD remastered version of DYRL

Gundam, Mobile Suit UC (Unicorn) Blu-ray 5 on rightstuf.com Available Jun 8 2012

Retail Price: $59.98, pre-order price: $47.99

Details,
Special Features: Story So Far, Promotional Clips, TV Commercials, Character & Mecha Highlights.

Spoken Languages: English (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), Japanese (TrueHD 5.1, 2.0), English subtitles, Japanese subtitles, French subtitles, Spanish subtitles, Mandarin subtitles, Cantonese subtitles.

Video: 1080p High Definition 16:9 Widescreen.

Run Time: 53 Minutes

Date Available: Jun 8 2012
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
wielder

First Episode of "Code Geass: Akito the Exiled" Dated

The date of the first episode has been set for August 4.

Source:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... nime-dated
Soul Eater, the True Rune
NastyNate

Billionare along with private company is going to be mining asteroids for Gold and Platinum in the new future.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2 ... asteroids/

One step closer to UC and mining Gundanium Alloy.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
NastyNate

"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

NastyNate

Eureka seven AO streaming is now live on official Funimation site.
http://www.funimation.com/eureka-seven-astral-ocean

Dollow

Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

Evangelion 3.0 to be released in cinemas October 23rd.
http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com.au/2012/0 ... -date.html
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

jabman025

Gundam Happy Meals available in Japan...............no seriously........

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... s-in-japan
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
kayone73

James Cameron says he'll only make 'Avatar' movies from now on. Apparently he's giving up the movie making business and devoting himself only to 'Avatar' making :huh:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/07/j ... on-avatar/

"The success of James Cameron’s Avatar was inspiring: an indication that it is possible to launch a new saga in reboot-happy Hollywood. Now it looks like Avatar is all he will be working on for, well, the rest of his filmmaking career. In an interview with the The New York Times, Cameron explains that he has shut down the development arm of his production company and is no longer working on new projects:"
Dollow

009 Re:Cyborg's Extended "International Version" Trailer Posted
The English-language website for the 009 Re:Cyborg film began streaming an "International Version" trailer on Saturday. The 274-second trailer introduces the story's characters through footage of the film. Which implies a possible western release for the film.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter