TFtF Discussion Thread #2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Lans

Gahh, I forgot another e.

@ORegan: Hope that you didn't meet the Zeonic Walking Space Piranhas. It sounds ugly. :shock:
ORegan

*walks into room exasperated, clothes are in rags, dirt and cuts all over face*

It was horrible! The were everywhere. The one eyed fish with robot legs....they swarmed me! There was teeth everywhere! I kept telling them more tongue less teeth, but they wouldn't listen! It's as if they were from space!
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
hellbore

Uhhh... Lans, theres no way Randy could have known what Adam was thinking when he looked at you. All that was in his head. Unless hes a Newtype of course :twisted: :twisted:
Lans

Meh, did I just make another blunder? I thought I put .. Yeah, I did put that. See..
lans* wrote:Randy nodded at Traks before exiting the bridge. He didn't know that his cautious action would be labeled as enthusiasm for battle.
--------------
ORegan wrote:It was horrible! The were everywhere. The one eyed fish with robot legs....they swarmed me! There was teeth everywhere! I kept telling them more tongue less teeth, but they wouldn't listen! It's as if they were from space!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Terrace

Ok, I'm lost here. Where is the engagement going on, and what's the status of the New Yark?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
mcred23

Terrace wrote:Ok, I'm lost here. Where is the engagement going on, and what's the status of the New Yark?
We're inside of Side 2; somewhat near the Shoal Zone but not actually in the thick of it. The New Yark is on red alert with the MS ready to go, but as of yet, none of the team has launched (It's last two mentions were by Fritz, so check his posts on pages 6 and 7).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

Terrace wrote:Ok, I'm lost here. Where is the engagement going on, and what's the status of the New Yark?
Earthsphere Map

We're at the edge of Side 2 (Hatte), at L4.

The fleets are currently on a perpendicular path in space, moving towards a common point. The 4th is "upside down" from Echo's perspective. This means both fleets can basically broadside each other to high hell.

@Psyden: Sorry, but I'm going to bunny Celeste a bit to get Team 3 ready to go. I hope we're not missing any interesting character interaction :(; feel free to "flashback" to what happened in sick bay before Celeste went to her suit.

EDIT: And in case anybody missed it in my art thread, Jonas Anderson and Terrace Manosk.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
RGM-79 GM

Sorry but I'm gonna be withdrawing from the RPG. I'm too busy to remain very active, as shown, partially since I got a job a few weeks ago but also cause of some other stuff. It has been nice playing with you guys. As for my character you can just kill him off if you want.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Cybaster

RGM: Awwww. =( Well, best of luck to you anyway, and hope to see you back sometime. :(

Anyway, I'm not feeling well. I'll resume posting (in both Gundam Party and here) on Wednesday. =/
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Psyden

Sorry for my non-posty-ness. I was hoping to have something done before A-Kon, but I didn't finish it by Wednesday at 1900hrs, at which time I had to leave to get to my friend's house so that me, him, and another one of my friends could leave at 0430 to make it to Dallas by 1000. For those of you who don't know, I live in Houston. The Houston-Dallas trip can take anywhere between 3 and 1/2 to 4 hours.

Anywho, I was hoping to borrow somebody's laptop to make some posts, or at the very least check up on the forums, but the only one who brought a laptop was part of Con Patrol and stayed in their crash space (a place proved by the convention for those who work it to sleep free of charge). It didn't help any that my own position was with Komik Watch (the Komik Market's [read Artist Alley] own version of Con Patrol whose duty is to watch for thieves, act as a buffer between the sometimes abrasive Con Patrol personnel and the attendees there, watch the Artists' tables when they leave for one reason or another, and watch over the place after Komik Market closes for the night) watching over the secure section, which was to have at least 1 person watching it at all times after closing, and my shift was 0200-0700, which usually meant I got to sleep on my comfy couch at around 0800 or 0900.

I also was not able to post when I got home, because that was at around 0200. It will take me some time to catch up with the RPG, so please bare with me and I am very sorry for the delay.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Terrace

I just had a wild idea about what happens to my character for when it comes time for me to leave the RPG (should it ever happen...). Basically, he transfers out of the 4th squadron shortly before the end of the Gryps conflict, survives the Neo Zeon War, fights in the Second Neo Zeon war, and retires a wealthy and happy man, though strangely he acquires a harem of five bisexual women (even he's not sure how he did it... ^_^; ) and has lots of kids with each of them.

If this idea is accepted, of course, when I leave the RPG, this means HE CAN NOT BE KILLED OFF. I want him to live a strange and fulfilling life that would make him the envy of many men.

Thoughts?

Click Here!
mcred23

Terrace wrote:I just had a wild idea about what happens to my character for when it comes time for me to leave the RPG (should it ever happen...). Basically, he transfers out of the 4th squadron shortly before the end of the Gryps conflict, survives the Neo Zeon War, fights in the Second Neo Zeon war, and retires a wealthy and happy man, though strangely he acquires a harem of five bisexual women (even he's not sure how he did it... ^_^; ) and has lots of kids with each of them.

If this idea is accepted, of course, when I leave the RPG, this means HE CAN NOT BE KILLED OFF. I want him to live a strange and fulfilling life that would make him the envy of many men.

Thoughts?
Well, that will only happen after we start issuing out the mass production Freedom Gundams, which everyone on every faction gets, of course, and we kill of Amuro and prevent the Third Neo Zeon War and replace the Earth Federation with the Space Federation and a lot of other lies that if you are still reading this you are probably wondering how much longer I'll keep this up and if this sentence will ever end ever ever ever ever ever ever end maybe I dunno I might hey i wunderd wut happn to teh propr spelin n gramer n stuf.

SERIOUS: Really, no. If you should ever leave the RPG, the best you can hope for is that your character is adopted by another player and continues to be in the story to some extent, or is just written out and is likely never heard from again. More likely, and usual practice, is that we just kill him off.

Worst case is your character gets the Mikael Sturm Treatment®©, where we turn your character into a gay pedophile before killing you like a punk. And yes, that actually did happen.

EDITS: Minor corrections to something.
Last edited by mcred23 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Terrace

mcred23 wrote:
Terrace wrote:I just had a wild idea about what happens to my character for when it comes time for me to leave the RPG (should it ever happen...). Basically, he transfers out of the 4th squadron shortly before the end of the Gryps conflict, survives the Neo Zeon War, fights in the Second Neo Zeon war, and retires a wealthy and happy man, though strangely he acquires a harem of five bisexual women (even he's not sure how he did it... ^_^; ) and has lots of kids with each of them.

Thoughts?
Well, that will only happen after we start issuing out the mass production Freedom Gundams, which everyone on every faction gets, of course, and we kill of Amuro and prevent the Third Neo Zeon War and replace the Earth Federation with the Space Federation and a lot of other lies that if you are still reading this you are probably wondering how much longer I'll keep this up and if this sentence will ever end ever ever ever ever ever ever end maybe I dunno I might hey i wunderd wut happn to teh propr spelin n gramer n stuf.

SERIOUS: Really, no. If you should ever leave the RPG, the best you can hope for is that your character is adopted by another player and continues to be in the story to some extent, or is just written out and is likely never heard from again. More likely, and usual practice, is that we just kill him off.

Worst case is your character gets the Mikael Sturm Treatment®©, where we turn your character into a gay pedophile before killing you like a punk. And yes, that actually did happen.
Eep, never mind.

Click Here!
King Monkey

Or all that stuff happens, it just doesn't happen here...

If I ever leave the RPG, Jacob's going to become a super ninja, overthrow the government and set up a beneficent monarchy.

It just won't get written here.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Sume Gai

King Monkey wrote:Or all that stuff happens, it just doesn't happen here...

If I ever leave the RPG, Jacob's going to become a super ninja, overthrow the government and set up a beneficent monarchy.

It just won't get written here.
you know Fritz will kill Jacob off now

as for Rick he's currently too emo and needs character development
Fritz Ashlyn

Sume Gai wrote:you know Fritz will kill Jacob off now
Probably not going to happen anytime soon - King Monkey is my brother. Nepotism is great, isn't it? 8)

Mod Edit (Red): Nepotism is officially confirmed as great.

Mod Edit (Cardi): Unanimous Trinary decision elevates nepotism to official "great" status within forum sections under Trinary jurisdiction.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Psyden

Well, it turns out that a lot more has happened then I expected. Since Celeste has been, for the most part at least, removed and isolated from other characters because of her injury, few things pertain to her, which makes it pretty easy to write. However, while I can scan posts for basic events, like launches and stuff for her, the others will require a more detailed analysis before I can post for them.

In short: AEUG now, Titans later.

kthxbai

King Monkey

Ha! In your face everyone who isn't related to one of the Trinary members!

*Wanders off to try to figure out some way to parlay this advantage into a way of killing Char.*
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Psyden

*Stabs King Monkey in the face with an icepick with tac light, ACOG Scope, and M203 Grenade Launcher*

Take THAT, you Nepophiliac!

On to other business. I am including Grace's actions with Celeste's. There are still some details that need to be worked out with Pendragon's, so please be patient.

In other news, I have what is most likely Con Plague, so if I am a little less than coherent, or at the very least, if I have a spike in Typos in the next day or so, please bare with me. It should burn itself out quickly.

Wedge14

Can Pan retire to run his own used car dealership???
PWEEEEEEZE!?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!