TFtF Discussion Thread #2

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Lans

Cardi, I noticed the attack from Buxoro Team but I'm still waiting for Bernard and Jeriden actions near Kirov. After that settled, I'll proceed the attack on Ipswich Team.
Fritz Ashlyn

Hey Kylern and EfreetCustom:

How is it that your characters know the name of one of the as-yet-unidentified AEUG ships you're fighting? You both referred to the Chuikov by name in dialogue.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Kylern

oops... didn't realize I did. My bad will edit.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Xvlai

I will be posting sometime tomorrow evening when all my finals are done. I will also post this message into the SEED rp, just incase people dont check both.
Cybaster

Weeeeeeeell....there goes the elder Ritter. Good riddance, too. :P

Now someone should make a Commissar who suddenly appears in battle in an upgraded GM Sniper II and really push Nick towards defecting to the AEUG proper now; Celeine seems like she needs the company after dealing with a total nut like Michiko. XD

On second thought that might be a bad idea; Nick defecting to the AEUG might cause Celeine to die like Flay did. <<;;;

Ascension: Well, Sam was apparently being haunted by a dead Titans pilot throughout the RPG, so it could happen... 8)
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
mcred23

Psyden, which Rick Dias is Grace attacking? I'm almost positive you are firing at Eddie, but his Rick Dias Custom is in the standard red colors ('Cept for the shoulders, which are still mostly red and shouldn't be all that obvious at the current long range anyway) while Fritz is the only one who has a blue Rick Dias (Custom one or not).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Terrace

Guys, I feel like the New Yark team has been completely ignored. My character is a backup pilot, so how am I supposed to become a full-time pilot if we don't know whether a pilot is injured or killed?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
mcred23

Terrace wrote:My character is a backup pilot, so how am I supposed to become a full-time pilot if we don't know whether a pilot is injured or killed?
Because, in the most likely situation, you wouldn't replace an injured or KIA pilot until after the battle in which they are hit is over. This is partly because their MS may not be brought back until after/near the end of the battle (If it doesn't make it back to the ship on it's on), but also because, if the pilot is put out of action, it probably means their MS is going to need some work to make it combat ready (Or close to it) for you. So yeah, you'll just have to keep waiting...

Kylern

Hey Terrace there are other things you can do. You can work on the Bridge maybe ask to man a gun emplacement. Just sitting around and waiting to pilot isn't going to help you.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
mcred23

Kylern wrote:Hey Terrace there are other things you can do. You can work on the Bridge maybe ask to man a gun emplacement. Just sitting around and waiting to pilot isn't going to help you.
And probably should be doing. "Backup Pilot" is rarely (Read: Never) a person's primary job on a ship, they'll have some other role, such as a gunner or mechanic or masseuse or whatever, with the backup pilot gig being something they do only when they have to. They shouldn't be sitting around waiting for some poor schmuck to get hit...

Cybaster

Fun times! The AEUG's Ramon Sumitani vs. the Titans' Picard Kamek. It's a Dream Match, y'all. =D
Gambit01

Cybaster wrote:Weeeeeeeell....there goes the elder Ritter. Good riddance, too. :P
Pshh, you're missing the REAL story...after eleven chapters, Nick Te'litha FINALLY GOT A KILL!!! WO0T!!!! And it was a three-for-one deal, too!!!

Ascension: Well, Sam was apparently being haunted by a dead Titans pilot throughout the RPG, so it could happen... 8)
Yeah...whatever happened to that story, anyway?
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Psyden

Sorry Red, ya, I am attacking Eddie. If it's ok with ya'll, I'll edit the post from "blue Rick Dias" to "custom painted"

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
mcred23

Psyden wrote:Sorry Red, ya, I am attacking Eddie. If it's ok with ya'll, I'll edit the post from "blue Rick Dias" to "custom painted"
It really isn't, because the custom paint shouldn't be visible at the ranges they were at (In the first post, at least). Just say you were attacking the lead Rick Dias, as it's just easier.

Also, in reguards to your most recent post, you'll have to edit out the part where Grace shoots down the bazooka rockets. This isn't a video game or the Cosmic Era, it's UC, and normal people in normal MS really can't pull stunts like that...

wonton bob

mcred23 wrote: Also, in reguards to your most recent post, you'll have to edit out the part where Grace shoots down the bazooka rockets. This isn't a video game or the Cosmic Era, it's UC, and normal people in normal MS really can't pull stunts like that...
Actually it has been done during Op. Apollo. Shin took down one of Markado's explosive rounds. But Shin was a veteran so I guess skill did come to play there.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
mcred23

wonton bob wrote:Actually it has been done during Op. Apollo. Shin took down one of Markado's explosive rounds. But Shin was a veteran so I guess skill did come to play there.
Must have slipped by (Although during Apollo, I ended up ignoring most of the posts since my guys were getting ignored while doing exactly what they are now :roll: ), as we've been noting the issue with trying to shoot down missles and bazooka rockets since... the first posts of this RPG. :|

Lans

@Wonton Bob: Nice, you actually managed to pulled out the last stunt for our poor Jeriden Kai beautifully. Now it's up to Fritz to handle the crash landing.
Fritz Ashlyn

I'll be posting sometime tomorrow instead of tonight as something has come up. 8) :D
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cybaster

Likewise, it seems I'll be busy for most of the week. =/ Cardi gets to take care of both Gill and Julian, as usual.

The same goes for my four characters in the TAAAARGH-whatever. Since I don't trust either of you dubious characters there (:P), Wingnut can bunny them to move the plot along. Just don't kill them or destroy their mechs, mmkay?
Montague

I will be out and unable to post until late Friday night. Cardi, if need be feel free to use Elijah to progress the battle, just don't put him in too much of a pickle.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~