Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
RGM-79G GM Command

There I got rid of them, (Although I didn't see a problem with them anyway, since the Ingram and R-1 had revolvers.) and I changed some other stuff
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
SNT1

ok, I nurfed the attack into a "3-Shadow Slash." Took me 30 minutes to edit the friggin signup because of mechatalk crappin' out for whatever reason
Wedge14

I've succumbed to peer pressure, i'll make a support crew. (and i decided to go with the Mr snuggles arc. I WILL NOT CHANGE IT AGAIN....sorry about the constant jumping back and forth :wink:

The Mother Russia Ship
An odd craft shaped much like the fabled UFOs from the days of yore. This is Neo Russia's most advanced ship, and it has been trusted to be used by Boris to transport the GF3-006NR "Vodka Gundam' it's pilot, the support crew and spare parts.

Neo Russia's Support Crew

Mrs Snuggles A full grown female polar bear. She's been quite sad since the lost of her husband Mr. Snuggles.
Lil Snuggles A polar bear cub of unknown gender. It's quite sad that it's father has vanished.
ElenaBoris' beautiful niece, she's also one of his best students. And was deeply hurt when she learned Mr. Snuggles had vanished. She joined Boris on his quest.

It's a complete mystery how two people and 2 bears manage to fly around a flying saucer, keep a Gundam running. Is it because they're super Russian bears? Is it because the Vodka Gundam and the ship are easy to repair and fly? Is it because of magic? Or is it just stupid? Thats up to you to decide.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Turinu

RGM-79G GM Command wrote:There I got rid of them, (Although I didn't see a problem with them anyway, since the Ingram and R-1 had revolvers.) and I changed some other stuff
While I would say revolvers might not go with such a unit, I don't see pistols being such a bad idea.

Didn't commanding officers in the Japanese military carry those weird looking pistols around with them during WWII?
Strike Zero

Fixed the Aurora Gundam's stats... i think. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to fix.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ORegan

Cardi Doorl wrote:
ORegan: Mispelled "shellelagh" ;) Also, considering the nature of the weapon, making it a beam is a little pointless. Try for normal blunt weapon. Also, those beams in your Ultimate Attacks: where are they coming from? You seem to generate beams willy-nilly.
Ok i added in where the beams actually come from. but can i make it a heat shellelagh?(p.s. thats a very tough word, so i should get some credit :lol: ) is everything okely dokely now?

this is my support crew:

Alcohol: this is his "support." Neo Ireland promised him all the alcohol could drink, which was bad for them.

Shaemus O'Fitzgerald: he really isn't a support guy, he was just hired to deliver the alcohol.

Wife: This is his nagging wife...he hates her and only finds her attractive when drunk beyond all compare. she always has a rolling pin in hand and wears a shower cap.

Willy: The "imaginary" Leprechaun Sean see's when he is in the gundam. no one believes he exists. he tells Sean to burn things
Last edited by ORegan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
RGM-79G GM Command

Shori wrote:
RGM-79G GM Command wrote:There I got rid of them, (Although I didn't see a problem with them anyway, since the Ingram and R-1 had revolvers.) and I changed some other stuff
While I would say revolvers might not go with such a unit, I don't see pistols being such a bad idea.

Didn't commanding officers in the Japanese military carry those weird looking pistols around with them during WWII?
Well they are not the type of revolver that I think you guys are thinking about, they are in the picture in my Gundam's profile they don't really look like six shooters or anything more like Vash's and Knive's guns.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
Ascension

Heh... I find the whole spelling thing interesting... I thought it was spelled "shellaighlie," the Army spelled the name of the Sheridan's unsuccessful gun-launcher "shillelagh," and Cardi says its "shellelagh"...

Oh, and, while I'm posting... I forgot to put a pair of vulcans in the Claymore Gundam's head... Would it be alright to edit in a couple of vulcans, or should I just leave its armaments as they are? I don't really NEED vulcans, but most Gundams have 'em, so... you know... it'd fit in a bit better.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Cardi Doorl

Alright, I'm done editing my own Gundam - however I won't approve mine, as that would be a little abusive, no? :P I'll leave that to Heretic and/or the other Trinarians.
Assention wrote:Heh... I find the whole spelling thing interesting... I thought it was spelled "shellaighlie," the Army spelled the name of the Sheridan's unsuccessful gun-launcher "shillelagh," and Cardi says its "shellelagh"...
Hoo boy, it seems that in correcting ORegan's spelling I, in turn, have misspelled :? That second spelling, "shillelagh", is what I meant, actually, but I put in the wrong vowel and would never have noticed.
Slim Jim wrote:I forgot to put a pair of vulcans in the Claymore Gundam's head... Would it be alright to edit in a couple of vulcans, or should I just leave its armaments as they are? I don't really NEED vulcans, but most Gundams have 'em, so... you know... it'd fit in a bit better.
You don't really need vulcans, no - Fritz and I are going without, and I think some others are as well. If you really, really want 'em, though, knock yerself out.
Essenteewun wrote:ok, I nurfed the attack into a "3-Shadow Slash." Took me 30 minutes to edit the friggin signup because of mechatalk crappin' out for whatever reason
Very well, the Jeepney Gundam's approved. And yeah, I know how it feels with the editing - can't count how many times I edited Shori's before it finally added in "...and Gundam..." to the stuff approved.
SNT1 wrote:-evasion skills/ability to avoid/evade+counter, etc. Will that fall under defense or speed or search? is it a combination of two?

Evasion would, technically, be related to speed, though having search helps, as your machine keeps better track of your surroundings and you basically have a clearer idea of the goings-on. It's kindasorta a combination of the two, but it depends moreso on speed.

Defense refers moreso to the actual toughness of your armor and its ability to withstand attacks.
Maybe the end...? wrote:-low power stat - limited variety of useable weapons?
Hm, I'm really not sure what to say to that one. I think Heretic's better for fielding this one :/
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
EZero8

Cardi Doorl wrote:EZero8: Understand that, due to the nature of your special mode, you can't change into it during a fight - it has to be a pre-fight decision whether or not you equip it. As long as you understand this, it's approved as is.
Understood. By the way... I dont plan on using Dragon Mode for awhile, not until it gets shipped over from Neo China for use. So all of you can gang up on me and score some wins if you wanted to. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

Folken Fanel: Saw that you changed up the stats, and they're better. However, I meant that having that kind of heavy weapons loadout should result in a Gundam that's overwhelming heavy - especially since we're looking at twin reactors here. I'm talking the empty weight would probably be a little higher than what you currently list as your full weight. That, and being outfitted with dual reactors should mean an overwhelmingly high Power stat

I also see that you took away the power-down side effect of the Ragnarok Cannon - not sure when this occurred, I might've just missed this the first time I took a look at your profile. However, given the immense power of the attack ("...capable of creating a crator several city blocks large...") I suggest you either bring back that side effect or tone down the attack's power significantly, as that's pretty darn powerful for early FC (or, hell, even for the 13th Gundam Fight), even with dual reactors.

ORegan: Fine with the heat shillelagh, but what you have listed as "optional hand armaments" are actually fixed weapons. Just change that and Leprechaun Gundam will be approved.

Strike Zero: Aurora Gundam now approved.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST: Most of what you have listed as "optional hand armaments" are actually fixed armaments. Other than that, I'll suggest changing the bazooka to a shell-throwing one. You may then switch either the knives or the hatchets to beam versions if you wish.

RGM-79G GM Command: One last thing that really should've been asked the first time around: could you please explain the "Pile Bunker" (the weapon itself)? This won't result in an order to remove it (unless it's an outrageous proposition of a weapon, which I doubt), but those who haven't played Front Mission (such as the GMs of this RPG) would be unfamiliar with it.

Ziryab, we'll get to your Hong Kong entry in a sec.

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Ok I fixed everything you talked about, I changed the bazooka to a shell-firing one and the knives to beam ones and moved all the melee stuff to the fixed armaments section
Cardi Doorl

With that, the Hatchet Gundam is approved.

RGM-79G GM Command

Cardi Doorl wrote:RGM-79G GM Command: One last thing that really should've been asked the first time around: could you please explain the "Pile Bunker" (the weapon itself)? This won't result in an order to remove it (unless it's an outrageous proposition of a weapon, which I doubt), but those who haven't played Front Mission (such as the GMs of this RPG) would be unfamiliar with it.
Yeah sorry about that. It is basically a small pile driver or like the Alt Eisen's Revolver Stake, I'll try and find some stuff for it and post it somewhere. Here is a pic of the revolver stake. http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185 ... gstake.png Although it looks like the Pile Bunker is from Zoids not Front Mission (Don't remember what the name of the weapon I was thinking about is called.), anyway what it does is it pushes this metal stake into the enemy and really just makes a punch stronger than it is normally by stabbing the stake into the body, legs, arms, head, or whatever part you go for of the enemy Gundam, it is almost exactly like the Revolver Stake except it does not have the revolver part. Just tell me if you need anymore info.
Cardi Doorl

Ah, so like a hydraulic attack thing, very distantly similar to the piston punch thing on the Big O (not familiar with Front Mission, Zoids, or SRW, so I'm grasping for parallels here :P)? I think I get the gist of it. I encourage you to post more info if you'd like to make sure there's no misconception

In any case, Gundam Ultima now approved.

RGM-79G GM Command

Yeah I actually forgot about the thing in Big O. Alright I'll try and found some more stuff and post it in the profile.
Folken Fanel

Okay Cardi, I followed your suggestions and added the power down side-effect as well as another one. Hope it will be approved now.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
RGM-79G GM Command

Hey Folken, about your character and Gundam. Are they named after the brothers in G-Unit?
Folken Fanel

Well, I stole Odel from G-Unit, as it was the only thing I could think of that sounded Norwegian. As for Odin, it was the first Norse god I thought off.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
RGM-79G GM Command

Kinda creepy with Odin then.