Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Terrace

Shame about Corsair's Gambit going belly up. I'm hoping for another After War era RPG. I even have an idea for the beginning storyline...as long as I'm not made GM.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
SNT1

:(

Who didn't see this coming, though? Exactly how all the other AU RPGs died.

Needs a CE RPG. I'm convinced that the best chance for a Gundam AU RPG is the most popular AU.

Actually, another UC would be great. Too bad the Character party will likely take the hold of the #2 for good.
Last edited by SNT1 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Terrace

SNT1 wrote::(

Who didn't see this coming, though? Exactly how all the other AU RPGs died.

Needs a CE RPG. I'm convinced that the best chance for a Gundam AU RPG is the most popular AU.
Please tell me you're not referring to Gundam SEED...

Click Here!
SNT1

Yeah, CE. It's the most expansive and most popular universe outside of UC. But y'know, all of the best AU's have taken this slot, CE included. They all failed. Well, except for Correct Century. I'll be damned if a CC RPG lasts for 2 months.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Terrace

But I really want an After War RPG, and I signed up on these boards too late to take part in the last one. Besides, I'm no fan of CE anyway. I never saw any episodes, and its reputation here in America makes me wary about a Cosmic Era RPG. And like I said, I already have an idea for the setting for a After War RPG. In addition, setting an RPG in a universe where there was only one show allows you much more leeway story-wise. I don't think the CE fits that particular advantage. And tell you what: how about I PM you my After War story idea. You can use that to help decide if you'll still support a Cosmic Era story.
Last edited by Terrace on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click Here!
Wingnut

Aw. I wanted to see what would be the outcome of Sean and Dieter's dance off fight.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

Terrace wrote:But I really want an After War RPG, and I signed up on these boards too late to take part in the last one. Besides, I'm no fan of CE anyway. I never saw any episodes, and its reputation here in America makes me wary about a Cosmic Era RPG. And like I said, I already have an idea for the setting for a After War RPG. In addition, setting an RPG in a universe where there was only one show allows you much more leeway story-wise. I don't think the CE fits that particular advantage. And tell you what: how about I PM you my After War story idea. You can use that to help decide if you'll still support a Cosmic Era story.
First off, the mods here might not even be interested in another AU, seeing that the Character Party is moving forward.

Secondly, to be quite honest, I think AW just doesn't have the pull to attract members, and make members stay in the RPG, no matter how good the story is. There has been enough sign-up-and-runs in this G-RPG, and settings really prohibit them to be just killed off like any other Gundam RPG. I'm sure the closed signups and "backdoor deals" did not help either.

I think if there is to be another Gundam RPG here, (which looks doubtful but we'll see what they have to say), I am only going to support, a CE or a UC RPG, since they're mega-universes of popularity, and probably from a GM who's been around in Mechatalk for a good bit and has their fair share of posts. Sorry Terrace, but the last few RPGs pretty much got doomed because of GM neglect, and I'd rather see someone as GM that I know wouldn't just let the RPG rot. That's not alot of people.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ORegan

I should read here before posting.....Can me and fritz still finish up our battle though? I don't wanna leave the RPG mid-fight, be kinda crappy.

I wanna thank Wedge and Cardi for being able to sustain it so long...too bad I never got to upgrade my gundam to have that Celtic Dagger :(
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Terrace

SNT1 wrote:
Terrace wrote:But I really want an After War RPG, and I signed up on these boards too late to take part in the last one. Besides, I'm no fan of CE anyway. I never saw any episodes, and its reputation here in America makes me wary about a Cosmic Era RPG. And like I said, I already have an idea for the setting for a After War RPG. In addition, setting an RPG in a universe where there was only one show allows you much more leeway story-wise. I don't think the CE fits that particular advantage. And tell you what: how about I PM you my After War story idea. You can use that to help decide if you'll still support a Cosmic Era story.
First off, the mods here might not even be interested in another AU, seeing that the Character Party is moving forward.

Secondly, to be quite honest, I think AW just doesn't have the pull to attract members, and make members stay in the RPG, no matter how good the story is. There has been enough sign-up-and-runs in this G-RPG, and settings really prohibit them to be just killed off like any other Gundam RPG. I'm sure the closed signups and "backdoor deals" did not help either.

I think if there is to be another Gundam RPG here, (which looks doubtful but we'll see what they have to say), I am only going to support, a CE or a UC RPG, since they're mega-universes of popularity, and probably from a GM who's been around in Mechatalk for a good bit and has their fair share of posts. Sorry Terrace, but the last few RPGs pretty much got doomed because of GM neglect, and I'd rather see someone as GM that I know wouldn't just let the RPG rot. That's not alot of people.
Well, darn. I thought I had a chance. Ah, well. I guess I'll just re-submit my character for TFtF.

Click Here!
Wedge14

ORegan wrote:I should read here before posting.....Can me and fritz still finish up our battle though? I don't wanna leave the RPG mid-fight, be kinda crappy.

I wanna thank Wedge and Cardi for being able to sustain it so long...too bad I never got to upgrade my gundam to have that Celtic Dagger :(
Yeah of course, you guys can finish the fight. I don't see a problem with it.

I also agree with SNT1. CE has a lot of good things to make a very solid RPG.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
ORegan

Thanks Wedge *kisses in a non/semi-gay way* :p

I have an idea....If it's a CE RPG, maybe we can give CAIB's idea on the OYW/Zeta/whatever board to chris/whoever decides the next RPG and see if they like it....that is if CAIB and EZ don't mind. Then again, like all ideas I have, no one likes them.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

Alright, guys. The Trinary'll discuss whether or not we'll be allowing a new RPG (considering we do have both TftF and the CPT both thriving about). If we do go for it, we'll open a suggestion thread for it.

What I'm saying is, let's keep the RPG idea discussion out of the picture unless and until such a thread is made.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
EZero8

Sucks to see the G Gundam RPG go. Once again like the previous two RPG's, it had potential that disappeared once activity dropped to a standstill.

And the curse continues... :(
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

EZero8 wrote:Sucks to see the G Gundam RPG go. Once again like the previous two RPG's, it had potential that disappeared once activity dropped to a standstill.

And the curse continues... :(
It actually broke this so called curse going over a year.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
EZero8

Well, perhaps the "Two Month Curse" was broken, but this is an issue more on the "Premature Closing Curse." Of the 2 years or so Mechatalk has been running, that was the 4th (5th?) AU RPG to end suddenly for various reasons.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

What you're talking about, E08, affects maybe, like, 99% of all Gundam message board RPGs. It was like that on the Old Boards (every single RPG there ended without conclusion) and on every other Gundam MBRPG site I've ever seen. Trust me, long-lasting RPGs like TftF are very much the exception rather than the rule. In reality, having an RPG last more than two or three months is a rarity throughout the interwebs, and is certainly not limited to MAHQ. This G RPG's longevity was nothing less than an accomplishment rarely seen among message board RPGs.

Recon 5

Well, I guess I'll never get to use my carefully crafted custom machine...

As compensation, can I be an Ace with a unique machine in any upcoming RP? Pretty please :D?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Cardi Doorl

That's up to whomever GMs the next one.

Wingnut

In all fairness to those who have GM'ed the most recent games that have ended, the job is not an easy one and requires the GM to keep a very close eye on the flow of things as I am finding out the hard way as the acting GM of the Character Party.
It's nothing I can't handle right now, but it does require a significant amount of time to manage, especially if you also have a major character in the game as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.