Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Shori wrote:I have a question. Does this automatically start at the finals, or are we going to be able to RP traveling the world and fighting people before the finals?.
This does start at the begining of the finals of the Gundam fight. I think that part has been in place since the begining of the game.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Awhs, that's a big let-down. Oh wells, that's fine too.
Heretic

Ascension wrote:By the way, could you give us some sort of approximate start date? Almost all of the Gundams are approved now, and I know that I can't wait to get to the fighting...
I’m almost finished bashing my brain to make the Corsair State Gundam. Most of the Bio stuff is ready but I’m still mashing together the Stat levels.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Anonymous

Heretic, does this mean that the Cosair's Gundam may have underlying influences from the Crossbones? 8)

That would actually be cool....

Also, i've made the required adjustments to my Gundam. :D
Dark Duel

Yeah, I always thought it'd be cool if the Corsair State's Gundam took some design cues from the X-Bone series...I mean, they're "Pirate Gundams" - literally.

So, will we be able to see a pic of the Corsair State Gundam once you're finished with it?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Yeah, I always thought it'd be cool if the Corsair State's Gundam took some design cues from the X-Bone series...I mean, they're "Pirate Gundams" - literally.

So, will we be able to see a pic of the Corsair State Gundam once you're finished with it?
He already said one was on the way, give it some time. This thing will get going soon enough.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

Dark Duel wrote:Yeah, I always thought it'd be cool if the Corsair State's Gundam took some design cues from the X-Bone series...I mean, they're "Pirate Gundams" - literally.
I’m not making a dedicated Corsair Gundam Franken, but another Franken I’ve been working on called the “Gundam Heretic” (yes the one that inspired my screen name) looks close enough to the part to be a stand in. It has no Crossbone in its design but it definitely looks like it could be a pirate Gundam.
Dark Duel

Wingnut wrote:

He already said one was on the way, give it some time. This thing will get going soon enough.
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound impatient.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Turinu

*Drops a staircase on Heretic.*

Well he better hurry his rear up! Feel free to be as impatient as you want!
Cardi Doorl

Before I get around to the Corsair Gundam, I'd like to point out that since the Corsair State did not compete in the previous Gundam Fight (since it didn't even exist at the time) its model number would be GF3-00XCS. ;)
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Heretic

Shori wrote:*Drops a staircase on Heretic.*

Well he better hurry his rear up! Feel free to be as impatient as you want!
*blasts falling staircase with Twin Buster Rifle*

Corsair is posted, once Cardi checks my math on the stats and we finish arguing over the model number it will be approved. Then I and he will have to work out who fights who and all that other arrangement stuff. Most of that will probably be his area since Cardi is the one who thought up the round robin thing in the first place.
Cardi Doorl wrote:Before I get around to the Corsair Gundam, I'd like to point out that since the Corsair State did not compete in the previous Gundam Fight (since it didn't even exist at the time) its model number would be GF3-00XCS. ;)
After all the troubles we’ve had with Xs in model numbers…

Last paragraph of its profile I tried to explain its ranking since I figured it would have to go though some qualifying fights in order to be admitted into the tournament. I think I might have forgotten to put the 3 in the “GF3” part. :oops:

One last thing, it’s not a part of the fight rules but I think it could be. If a Gundam is no longer able to function, i.e. lost its power, arms and legs ripped off or what have you. I think it’s a given that it has lost the fight. The rules already state that a Gundam loses when the head is destroyed, but I think it wouldn’t hurt to be clear on loss of function as well.
Cardi Doorl

Well, in that case I suppose the opponent would be expected to just destroy/remove the head for completion's sake.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

stupid question, I've never done an RPG like this, how does the round robin system work?
Ascension

If a Gundam is no longer able to function, i.e. lost its power, arms and legs ripped off or what have you. I think it’s a given that it has lost the fight.
The Black Knight Gundam would keep fighting until it lost its head... or perhaps until someone said "ni" to it... :lol:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Heretic

Ascension wrote:
If a Gundam is no longer able to function, i.e. lost its power, arms and legs ripped off or what have you. I think it’s a given that it has lost the fight.
The Black Knight Gundam would keep fighting until it lost its head... or perhaps until someone said "ni" to it... :lol:
:lol:

Cardi, there were instances in the anime where a Gundam was defeated without having its head destroyed correct? And since the head being knocked off doesn’t result in being eliminated in our tournament, it doesn’t seem entirely necessary to destroy the head if a fighter can disable his opponent in some other way.
Fritz Ashlyn

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:stupid question, I've never done an RPG like this, how does the round robin system work?
GOOGLE

To save you time, "A round-robin tournament is a type of group tournament in which each participant plays every other participant an equal number of times. In a pure round-robin schedule, each participant plays every other participant once."
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Ziryab

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:stupid question, I've never done an RPG like this, how does the round robin system work?
Round robin is where each person gets to chance to fight every person at least once.

Therefore all of us will have the chance to throwdown and jackslap each other at least once.

In theory at least. The mods might change it for time constraints or whatever.

EDIT: Fritz beat me to it. <.<
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Psyden

Behold the fruits of my boredom!

Average Stats: (Range:)

Power: 13.09 (Min: 10.5, Max: 16.0) Super Mode: (Min: 7.5 Max: 22.0)
Speed: 14.70 (Min: 10.5 Max: 17.5) Super Mode: (Min: 6.5 Max: 25.0)
Offense: 13.61 (Min: 11.0 Max: 17.5) Super Mode: (Min: 9.5 Max: 23.5)
Defense: 13.00 (Min: 10.5 Max: 17.0) Super Mode: (Min: 6.0 Max: 22.5)
Search: 13.32 (Min: 10.5 Max: 15.5) Super Mode: (Min: 8.0 Max: 23.5)
Adaptability: 12.36 (Min: 10.5 Max: 15.0) Super Mode: (Min: 5.5 Max: 18.0)

Awards:

Most Powerful Gundam: Excelsior Gundam
Fastest Gundam: Cowboy Gundam
Most Offensive Gundam: Leprechaun Gundam
Most Defensive Gundam: Gundam Osiris
Best Seeking Gundam: Corsair Gundam
Most Adaptive Gundam: Gun-fu Gundam

Weakest Gundam: Gundam Effizienz
Slowest Gundam: Odin Gundam
Least Offensive Gundam: Gundam Osiris
Least Defensive Gundam: Outback Gundam
Worst Seeking Gundam: Gun-Fu Gundam
Least Adaptive: Aurora Gundam

(Awards are based off of Super Mode Stats)
(Current as of 11:24pm CST 2/8/2007)

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Awwww I see thank you guys
Anonymous

As i'm currently working on a sketch of my Gundam, here's some reference material on what it is based on....

Now, just so you guys understand, Trinidad Carnival is like Mardi Gras, except bigger, badder, and more awesome (there really isn't any words to describe it). Most people wear costumes and party, dance, parade and so forth.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... charan.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... igblue.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... twings.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... /goldy.jpg

Also, the super mode will be based on something like this...
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/ ... ngbird.jpg

... although it may be a little bit different lol