Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Ziryab

Post by Ziryab » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Cardi Doorl wrote:Ziryab: For the Ultimate Attack "Thousand Limbs Strike", you mention it "activates [the] Gundam's heat hands and feet". This implies the feet can be heated, yet such weapons aren't listed. Was this just an accidental omission in your armaments, or maybe you'd intended to have heat feet but removed them and forgot to have the UA reflect that? Or maybe the UA description is just worded strangely?
*re-reads*

>_0

Yep, worded strangely. Though the heat feet are a nice idea--maybe some other time or some other suit. Thanks. ^^
The Grand Whirlwind is a pretty advanced move for this point in FC. Perhaps if it were usable only in Wuxia mode?
Editted for Wuxia mode use.
Also, as with the Luta Livre, I'm not seeing the need for the plethora of optional guns on a martial arts machine. I know you want to emphasize that this is an overhauled military unit, but methinks the beam pistols cover that well enough.
Optional armaments deleted.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003

Cardi Doorl

Post by Cardi Doorl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:33 pm

Ziryab: Gun-fu Gundam approved.

Heretic: Excelsior Gundam approved.

That means that all the current signup entries are now approved. We just need that Corsair State Gundam and we're ready to roll! ;)

RGM-79G GM Command wrote:Do you guys mind if I put the second 90mm back on? I'll remove the Pile Bunker if you want. I just feel really uncomfertable with only one gun and some vulcans.
You can add a 90mm at the expense of the pile bunker if you want, but as an RPer I'd advise against it. The pile bunker (and the knuckles) gives the Gundam Ultima a touch of hand-to-hand super robot flavor, but going with machine guns would turn it into a hyped-up GM. Besides, why be uncomfortable with just one machine gun? This is FC, not UC - it's about hand-to-hand melee fighting mostly, not fighting squads of enemy mobile suits and warships.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Cardi Doorl wrote:Dark Duel: Gundam Durendal now approved. For future reference, though; barrel measurements for beam rifles (or beam weapons of any variety) is unique to CE. ;)
I know, but I'm a stickler for that kind of details. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting to list how much ammunition each machinegun has. :P
Thanks
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Strike Zero

Post by Strike Zero » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 pm

For those who are interested, my Gundam now has its lineart up.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

RGM-79G GM Command

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Cardi Doorl wrote:
RGM-79G GM Command wrote:Do you guys mind if I put the second 90mm back on? I'll remove the Pile Bunker if you want. I just feel really uncomfertable with only one gun and some vulcans.
You can add a 90mm at the expense of the pile bunker if you want, but as an RPer I'd advise against it. The pile bunker (and the knuckles) gives the Gundam Ultima a touch of hand-to-hand super robot flavor, but going with machine guns would turn it into a hyped-up GM. Besides, why be uncomfortable with just one machine gun? This is FC, not UC - it's about hand-to-hand melee fighting mostly, not fighting squads of enemy mobile suits and warships.
Well the right hand can also heat up without the rest of the body heating up unlike the left hand. But it is actually a bad idea, couldn't reload like that, more ammunition based, and it is less effective that way. It's not that I feel uncomfortable with only one machine gun (I am very comfortable with machine guns, more than I am with beam rifles.), its that once I am out of ammo the only other ranged weapon I have is the vulcans. I'll just leave it the way it is though, I had been thinking about it and like you said it is less of a close combat unit (Which is what I really wanted it to be in the first place.) that way.

And I'll probably make a crew for my character as well soon.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!

Psyden

Post by Psyden » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:22 pm

Artmaster079

Sorry to be a stickler, but thinks like "many x" anything tend to make people uncomfortable...

Also, "NT" is already reserved for Neo-Turkey. Try something like NTN or NTB.

You fail to mention what any of the ultimate attacks do.

You are also more than a bit vague on the appearance of the Calypso and of it's origins.

On a bit of a side note: listing "Head Vulcans" as being mounted in the head is a bit redundant, no?

As for numerical stats, they all work out. When you say it is tuned for high speed, I hope you mean in super-mode, since 14 is actually the most common speed. If you want to see true high-speed Gundams, look to the Cowboy, Slayer (not Dragon Slayer), and Gun-Fu Gundams.

Overall, I would say that you have a fairly general purpose Gundam, based on stats. Based on weapons, I'd say it is a fairly good close-fighter (these last 2 paragraphs are my own personal opinion.)

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?

RGM-79G GM Command

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:55 pm

I ended up changing some things on the Ultima. I made it weigh more (Since I added some weapons and a shield before.), I made the Pile Bunker a more compact weapon (And weaker since as I said in the profile it is not as big and powerful as it could have been but then it would not fit in the arm.), and it is more like Big O's thing now, I also placed it into the left arm instead of on the outside, and lowered the power and increased the speed. I hope that is alright.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 am

To Heretic or Cardi:

I've made adjustments to my MF, just in case you didn't realize it.

To Psyden: Thanks for catching those things, saved me some trouble :D

Fritz Ashlyn

Post by Fritz Ashlyn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:43 pm

Wingnut: how about something along the lines of "15R-A-MS Zebra".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Cardi Doorl

Post by Cardi Doorl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 pm

artmaster079: The "10 x micromissile" would just be listed with the shield rather than as a separate armament. It'd be something like ""Steel Drum" remote offensive shield, mounts 4 x micromissile, 10 rounds overall [etc. etc.]". Also, because this is early FC, keep in mind that the shield's remote propoerties will be rather rudimentary; perhaps it can only move in a straight line, can only remain detached for short periods of time, and has to return to the Calypso Gundam along the same path it left its host.

Also, for the Ultimate Attack "Hummingbird Streaker", you say that the Calypso Gundam "appears from behind" to finish the attack. What's meant by this? It seems to suggest that he pops in as though out of thin air, but how is this acheived?

RGM-79G GM Command: Gundam Ultima re-approved.

Wingnut: The only thins about this is that I presume the referee officials would be selected by the Gundam Fight Committee (or whatever it's called; it's something along those lines) rather than by the host nation, and that said refs would be selected from a wide variety of nationalities to ensure no bias (perhaps they would be from nations that didn't make it to the Finals).

Wedge14

Post by Wedge14 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi, I think I'm stirring the pot again, but I looked through all the entries myself and found something I thought that was a little off.

Because of the low tech policy many entires where forced to downplay there weaponry. In most cases it was involving beam weaponry. For that I understand, a weapon like a beam machine gun, or a beam bazooka destroy the whole purpose of a gundam 'Fight'. Yet I still see a beam machine gun floating around in the entries.

I'm sure this has bothered others as well, and they didn't want to speak up because seniority might be involved in why its been overlooked by the GMs.

I know it's exceedingly difficult and annoying to run something like this, and easy to make mistakes. I didn't bring this up because i'm trolling or anything. I'm just looking forwards to a fun and fair game, and it be a lot better to mention an issue like this before the game officially starts.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

Fritz Ashlyn

Post by Fritz Ashlyn » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:29 pm

Wedge14 wrote:I'm sure this has bothered others as well, and they didn't want to speak up because seniority might be involved in why its been overlooked by the GMs.
I want to make it clear that that is not how this section is run. "Seniority" and experience help with trust issues, but they have zero to do with what is and isn't allowed.

With that said, I'm sure you're referring to my MG-42. I've talked to Cardi about it; what I said is that it's not your basic "punch holes through Gundarium" beam rifle sort of thing. It's a beam spraying weapon, sure, but I compared it to walking through a swarm of bees as far as what the enemy would feel from his mobile trace. The MG-42 isn't going to be used to lay waste to a Gundam, simply because it lacks the punch. I'd have to stand point blank and unload it into another fighter to cause serious damage. It's more about suppression fire and chipping away than destorying limbs and ripping armor apart.

EDIT: If you'd feel better with it as a slug-thrower, say so. I'd be happy to change it to a normal MG-42 with depleted uranium APDSFS rounds. :twisted:
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

Wedge14

Post by Wedge14 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Lol, allright I getchya now! Sorry if i came off a little disgruntled/rude. It's just a little annoying to have something of yours shot down and then see something that looks quite similar get a passing grade.

Edit: I could also opt for going with a real Tsar Bomb attack :lol:
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

RGM-79G GM Command

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:11 pm

Well I'll try not to change anything about my Gundam from now on Cardi. So good luck when it starts everyone.

Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 pm

I made the changes to the nationalities of the pilots of my machines and found the official name for the governing body on the official site that would select them.
I am keeping the nationalities up in the air for now and will have them be revealed on a fight-by-fight basis as needed, and according to when they were trained, it would be rather difficult to fully train a pilot in a span of perhaps a month or two to work both the mobile suit and camera equipment effectively. These are avarage joes when it comes to MS piloting at the start. They aren't even regular military so it would take longer for them to catch on.
I promise not to abuse any nation or show favoritism myself on this one.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

RGM-79G GM Command

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 pm

I forgot to ask this before. How do we decide who fights in each fight? Do they just find each other and decide to fight or something else?

Cardi Doorl

Post by Cardi Doorl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 pm

The finals are pre-scheduled and even have spectators, as seen in the anime. I'll be scheduling the fights and will post the schedules before each round of matchups.

RGM-79G GM Command

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Okay thanks.

Ascension

Post by Ascension » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:05 pm

By the way, could you give us some sort of approximate start date? Almost all of the Gundams are approved now, and I know that I can't wait to get to the fighting... If we don't start soon I might have to go down to a sporting goods store and start pummeling a punching bag while shouting the names of my super attacks... and that might get embarrassing...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

Turinu

Post by Turinu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:36 pm

I have a question. Does this automatically start at the finals, or are we going to be able to RP traveling the world and fighting people before the finals?

Either way is fine with me, but I just don't see people being able to develop additional attacks or getting additional weapons if all we're going to do is the finals. They need a build up and some development before actually engaging one another, in order to build character rivalries and all that.

Pardon me if this has already been answered in the first post or not but I'm too lazy to go back and read. :3.