Corsair's Gambit: Discussion Thread

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Turinu

I edited in the extra shells regardless, and better explained the radius of the fire; however it's been over two days since Heretic posted again; are you having internet troubles again? D: switch to Comcast~! It's so much better, :3.
SNT1

Comcast sucks!

I've had noticeably more intarweb disconnections with Comcast than Time Warner >.<
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Turinu

The only times I've had disconnections with Comcast is when I'm torrenting too much. If you're having problems with Comcast it's most likely due to the cable reception or whatever in your area or what not; just ask them to install a Cable Booster (Or was it Amplifier?) and everything will be alright, :o. We haven't had any problems whatsoever since we've had one installed on our main cable line.
mcred23

I can vouche for that. I had DSL for eight crappy months of constant disconnections and other assorted problems (Although it seems Heretic has them to a worse extent). I got Comcast and I haven't been disconnected at all in over six months. It kicks Asshimar! 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Ziryab

Quick Message

'bout 1230 here. Work in the next thirty until closing.

Depending on who's closing with me tonight I may be posting late [read: dragged to a bar and/or club after work]

With any luck we may not head out immediately after work, thus giving me a bit of time to finish posts for you two (Gambit & Wedge) and maybe change outfits too.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Wedge14

Don't worry about me Ziryab!! If need be just worry about getting Gambits done...I don't want people missing out on drinks and what not over some Rping.
Last edited by Wedge14 on Sat May 12, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Gambit01

Suits me fine 8)
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Ziryab

Customers need to understand we expect to close the time we say we close... >.<;;

*sigh* speedpostingwhilegettingdressedwhoosh!!!!
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Heretic

Shori wrote:I edited in the extra shells regardless, and better explained the radius of the fire; however it's been over two days since Heretic posted again; are you having internet troubles again? D: switch to Comcast~! It's so much better, :3.
(Was disconnected again) Home connection my not be much of an issue soon. I may be moving in a week. Needless to say this will involve a mad rush to pack stuff and make arrangements and the like. Not to mention my connection after the move will be Dialup at best for a while. With any luck my Aunt will get a better connection through the new wireless network that’s just been set up in her area.

Then there’s the issues of getting my computer set up with new monitor and mouse. (I’m keeping my nice keyboard)

All told it could take a few weeks to sort it all out. Before I drop offline, we should finish our fight if we can. I’ve thought of a method for deciding which of us will win this fight, so that even if I drop offline before we’re done, you can finish it.

It’s like this. Wingnut picks a number between 1 and 25 (you can probably guess where this is going) We each get one guess and the closest will win the fight.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Turinu

Heretic wrote:It’s like this. Wingnut picks a number between 1 and 25 (you can probably guess where this is going) We each get one guess and the closest will win the fight.
While normally I wouldn't mind doing something like this, it's the fact that I've been made to wait so long that turns me off from this idea; if I had been kept away from the boards the same length of time as you at the same time I'd definitely go for it. Even if it is connection issues, I've been the one having to wait and if I don't guess the correct number, despite me being patient and waiting all this time I'd lose. I'm sure a few people would agree with me in thinking I'd be getting the short end of the stick here, despite how fair it sounds.

Personally I'd rather continue to wait to settle this out until you have your internet connection all properly set up again and you're all moved in. I myself will be moving in two weeks but it won't take more than a day to properly move in and get our internets set back up (As we've already planned ahead of time to get everything set up in the new house).

Maybe with the permission of Cardi or Wingnut, we can just lock our match up and put it on hold until the time you can RP again comes. I don't mind waiting more (I was more concerned for where you were and what was going on instead of the fight; I even PMed Cardi last night to ask if he had heard anything because usually you get on as soon as you can to tell us of connection issues); I personally dislike all the "48 hour" rules and don't like using them against my opponent either.

If one needs to come up with an IC reason... we could say officials decided to postpone the match for another day, and we could start off fresh again later in the tournament; that way we won't be hindering the other battles from starting up and we'd still be able to duke it out later. Or something like that. This board is for roleplaying; fighting for the victor, not playing guessing games. At least, that's what I think.
Wingnut

I'd be willing to go with Shori's plan BTW and I can come up with some reason for the fight to be postponed to a later point in the game, and hopefully the other 3 matches can hurry up and finish so we can minimize any delay that may occur from Heretic moving.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

Maybe lots of people are upset with the French referee about his Gender discrimination and they start a riot, which the pirates join in for the fun of it. Causing enough commotion that the Gundam Fight officials postpone the fight.

As for my other characters, Fight five…

5. National Mall, Washington, D.C.
December 7th
011. Neo Canada - Quinn Patrick [Heretic]
vs.
019. Neo France - Alexandre Loussier [Dark Duel]

Might have to postponed, given the state of Hockey Gundam, the fight might not last very long.

The other two fights I’m in are 11 and 12. by the time those roll around, I should at least be able to post on a semi regular basis.
Wedge14

Why not just do the normal thing thats done in this situation and put your character's in someone elses hands instead of delaying the game and making things complicated?

Wingnut

Wedge14 wrote:Why not just do the normal thing thats done in this situation and put your character's in someone elses hands instead of delaying the game and making things complicated?
That might work for the Hockey Gundam, but only Heretic can control the actions of the Corsair State.
Given the nature of the game and the role Morgan Burke is to play, giving control to someone else could have effects that would change the character too much in a direction Heretic did not want her to go.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Fritz Ashlyn

This announcement goes for both RPGs:

All possible 48 hour hits stemming from the board's downtime are null and void. The 48 hour rule is resetting to all posts made after 12 noon (EST) on May 17.

We didn't think this would be a problem, but we just wanted to make it clear.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Heretic

I’m not sure if handing the Hockey Gundam off would be fair though. Both Quinn and Hockey Gundam are in a state of disrepair. It might put whoever wanted to play them in a position where they’d loose the fight without a chance.
Psyden

Err... Wow... The G Gundam RPG is bogging bad, huh?

Fight 2: 4 days since last post
Fight 3: 5 days since last post
Fight 4: 10 days since last post

Come on, peoples! Get the lead out!

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Wedge14

two days worth of lag is because of the server sneeze....but yeah still that stuff is inexcusable...people need to start calling hits....because people who want to RP who have to wait for these matches to finish are the ones suffering here. Not the person being hit. They deserve it.

Psyden

Fight 4 is the one with Heretic, so it is very excusable, seeing as it is (hopefully) being worked out and he is moving. Everything else, though...?

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Turinu

If I was a really bad person and Heretic's constant internet problems didn't have an effect on a 48 hour rule or above, I'd so call multiple hits on him, >>. While I know why such a rule was implemented in Gundam RPGs, it's one I've always disliked, though.

It's better to just go with a "If in three days there is no response, automatic KO" sort of deal. >_>