EP.3 No Ordinary Rebellion

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
SNT1

EP.3 No Ordinary Rebellion

-Day 4-
-Sharaf-

To say that some of the corrupt bastards in the western reaches of The World Empire are shocked is an understatement. A Wake-up call? Yes, absolutely.

In 31 years, no group or individual has managed to flat out destroy a base like the rebel group did to Lancaster. The fact makes Sharaf wince just thinking about it, and that's mostly because he wasn't even there---he was trying to bargain some thugs to prevent the very thing that just happened from happening.

Celeste has summoned everyone to go to San Diego. She will pretty much be the head honcho there as well, based on her rank, so her crew will reassemble there.

Sharaf, though, has all but confirmed that the source of the rebel is not too far away from Lancaster.... Barstow. He goes to find Celeste in the facility to bring about his revelations abotut the little mining town / truck stop to Vegas. Hopefully she'll listen; she's not to keen on Sharaf's way of dealing with things in the past.

(Imperials post here)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: EP.3 No Ordinary Rebellion

no sooner had he arrived at the san diego base, jorhan and nearly leapt out of the cockpit of his tieren, the man was seething with rage both at the firebrand rebellion's tactics and the stupidity of lancasters base commander. Despite his injury he stormed towards the other arrivals from lancaster, looking for any sign of the man who was in charge of the now levelled base so he could lash out at the guy, be it verbally or physically.
Flag Fighter for life!
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege’ Halphas-

(On Route)

After falling back Siege had regrouped with the truck that had transported him to Lancaster. Immediately he had the power cord re-connected and shut down all the unneeded systems on the CGUE DAC. Kicking back Siege then started to think about what had happened.

’Did we really need to retreat I wonder? True the base was in shambles and some of our suits, including my own, sustained damage of varying seriousness. However, if it meant crushing the Rebels then it would have been worth it.’

“No matter.” Siege spoke aloud. “With the Rebels staying around it will give me plenty of time to impress the higher ups. I guess it’s time to climb the ladder to success.” With that Siege leaned back a wide grin along with closed eyes. “For now though a nap. Just until San Deigo where I’ll get the CGUE fixed up and meet up with the other pilots.”

(Later at the Base)

Having the truck parked and the CGUE loaded into one of the base’s many hangars, Siege left it to the mechanics and technicians to repair his machine. He ordered them to bring it to full functionality, to restore any and all damaged weapons, and run checks on all the systems. When the Rebels struck again Siege wanted to be right there in the thick of the battle once again. That would show everyone the power of the Halphas. Walking around outside Siege noted a very pissed off pilot fuming. “The battle not treat you kindly, mister?”
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Inferno

-Gavin-

While everyone else was upset, Gavin was quite enthusiastic about the new locale. "Wooooooooo, San Diego! Time to like, be getting my surf on, or, like getting my swim on, or, like, getting my volleyball on!"

His compatriots, however, did not seem to share his glee. "Come on, broskis, we should totally play, like, MS Beach Volleyball or something! This is like, the prime vacation spot, man!
blind_dead_mcjones

cringing at the sheer stupidity of the question sent his way, jorhan slowly turned to face its source while drawing himself to his full height, finding himself looking down at Erin Halphas

"what do you think?" he sneered at the man "considering i have a bullet hole in me, as a result of the base commander ignoring my warnings lancaster is now in ruins, several of our men are dead, the prototype cannon for vayeate destroyed, and the rebels have the design blueprints for both vayeate and mercurius in their possession." he paused to let that sink in "well, you tell me, with that in mind, how do you think the battle has treated us?"

just when things couldn't get worse, the one known as Gavin Makaron, who jorhan considered 'the greatest waste of flesh and blood spawned within the last twenty years', decided to open his mouth and speak.

letting out a sigh of frustration, jorhan calmly drew his pistol, ejected the spent magzine before putting in a full one, hit the slide release, and walked right up to the makaron heir, levelling the gun between his eyes.

"Quiet." he hissed out through his teeth, beyond the point of caring that this action could mean the end of his career, if not his life alltogether. "either make yourself useful, or the next facile thought you wish to voice will be going out through the other side of your head."
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

Celeste Glori was signing some requisition paperwork in San Diego's hangar, trying her best not to look at the scratches her Tallgeese had suffered during the chaos of that horrid battle. She couldn't get it out of her mind. That insufferable Gundam pilot, the way his machine moved, the sight of her comrades' mobile suits' fallen forms. She had seen some grim sights before, but watching Lancaster being reduced to little more than a smoldering pile of rubble had been hard on her. As a leader, it made her feel like she had let her men down.

"I want that beam rifle equipped and charged a.s.a.p., got it?" she told the engineer next to her.

"I'll do what I can, Major."

"Right." she nodded, handing the clipboard back to him.

"Oh, and before I forget, I heard that Aquean was looking for you."

Cel scowled at that news. She had about a million better things to do that did not involve talking to that sack of hot air.

"I'm not hiding from him," she stated, rolling her eyes as she turned back to the Tallgeese. "If he needs me that badly, then he can come find me."

"R-Right, ma'am."

That done, Cel looked up at the mechanics that were buffing out the marks on her MS's paint job.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Inferno

Jorhan's threats, however, had fallen upon deaf ears, as Gavin had already ran off to see his newly repainted Acguy be unloaded and dragged off to the hanger. "It's, like, sweet! It's rediculoous! It's, like, sweediculous, man! This is sooooooooo cooooooool! It's exzctly like I drew it and everything, man! This is like, my peace machine! Or my love machine! Or, like, my Peace-love machine! Oh my god this is blowing my mind, man!" Gavin ran over to the nearest techie helping to unload the MS and hug-tackled him, thanking him profusely. "Ohmygodthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege’ Halphas-

“Is that man alright?” Questioning Gavin’s rant on the ‘Peace-love machine’ he was getting. “Between his high spirits and your down ones, all of us just might go crazy.” Siege looked back at Jorhan once before turning around. “You’re not exactly the most proper soldier, are you? Raising your weapon to a ally is one way to court-marshal yourself, if not worse.”

“Lancaster’s destruction is unfortunate, and the lives lost regrettable.” Irrelevant, Siege thought, but regrettable. “How does your outburst here help them? How does it help us? The Empire needs unity, yet you are bickering amongst comrades. Perhaps that hole in you is meant to teach a lesson?”

Siege began to walk away a little before stopping and glancing over his shoulder at Jorhan. “Oh and in case you didn’t know you address a Halphas. Next time show the proper respect to someone clearly above you.” Facing forward again Siege walked off, though he was still within earshot if Jorhan had something to say.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
blind_dead_mcjones

"the only thing this hole in me has done is reaffirm what i've known for decades, that dead weight like him *gestures at Gavin as he runs off* will only be a hinderance, and lancasters destruction could've been avoided if standards were actually adhered to, as opposed to letting this complaceny within our ranks grow uncontested" jorhan retorted as he lowered his pistol before turning to face the noble upstart.

"what the empire needs is to have the cancer inside it removed, before it is too late." as erin turned around jorhan spat on the concrete, his contempt for the man growing as he walked away before turning around to fire off some insuffereable self entitled comment about respect.

"the way you say that suggests that that it should actually mean something" he shot back "the only people i give respect to are those who have experience on the battlefield and prove themselves on it as well, both qualities you have yet to actually demonstrate."

he then walked back towards his tieren, clambering inside it and starting it up again, moving it in the direction of the hangars.
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- Calet Caleta B -

The Empire high command took the Lancaster case seriously, Calet still remembered the grim faces of her superiors when they sent her on her way to San Diego. For Calet this is nothing out of ordinary, unlike other trainee she doesn’t really felt any uneasiness even for her first real assignment outside the Empire training facility.

Dressed in black sleeveless uniform tunic, she boarded the plane without much commotion. A new platinum MS badge that decorated the left pocket of her uniform kept her distracted from the boredom of flight. The flight itself was empty. She was alone save for the pilots in the cockpit. Other than her, the cargo is her own designated Leo and various spare parts for the Empire MS. Halfway through she put herself on sleep and wake up just in time for landing.

It was a sunny day when she arrived. She was about to find the base commander and reporting when she saw something peculiar happening.

My, my.. two Imperial pilots fighting and one already pulled his gun.. is the situation really this bad?

Still in her lack of expression mode, she stopped to watch in the distance as the event occurred.
SNT1

-Sharaf-

Once he got pointers, the middle-eastern man was shown to Celeste. As expected, she didn't look too hot right now. "Major..." He saluted.

He then tries to make her feel better. "At least you were able to see our enemies..." But no, that probably wouldn't help her anyway. She basically let their documents go and now it's wild on the black market, plus they lost an entire damned R&D facility and got wiped 10 Leos while the criminals got away scott-free. Well, he didn't even sound that sincere because he doesn't look at least shaken by the incident.

"I think I know where they hide... Major, let me propose my plans to you..."

It sounds like he wants a bit of a control for the next counter-operation this time around, and hopefully Celeste will recognize Sharaf's otherwise "good" record of dispatching these types of scum with extreme efficiency.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege’ Halphas-

Erin let out a long, loud, laugh at the retreating form of the Tieren. The man was implying that Siege didn’t have the skills and was simply boasting. True the rebel last time had dealt his suit damage, a considerable amount even, but Siege had still managed to return that in kind. As the machine moved its shadow no longer covered the noble blinding him for a moment.

Turning away from the offending star Erin spotted someone new. This time a woman wearing a simply sleeveless tunic that he guessed had watched the entire confrontation. “Sorry you had to see that miss. Some people always see the glass half empty.” Siege called out with a shrug before walking over.

“Allow me to introducing myself. I am Erin Halphas, though most have taken to calling me Siege.” The noble bowed slowly, folding his right arm in before coming back up. “May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with my dear?”
Tangerine

Disinterested, Calet decided that she requires no explanation. She found more interest in Siege's different tone eye colors. “You may call me Calet. I’m under order to report to the base commander. Could you show me the way?”

While she was talking, she also measured the new guy she just met on personality and behavioral tests. That trait was embedded in her, a survival key to people in the inner circle of the Empire aristocratic families. Body language and speaking pattern reveal something about the person.

Category C/6. Reliability is not his strong points, but will jump into the fire to the rescue. Motivated by materialistic things like wealth or power. Loves the chance to gain recognition by proving himself socially and externally. Thus overdoing things are his middle name. Ambitious driven by gain, scored low on personal trustworthiness. Emotional result pending, different eye colors may evoke duality or even split personality.

Satisfied with the result from her 3 seconds observation she thought it may be best to just stay neutral until she figured out who is who and what is the real situation around here.
The Green Flame

Strolling out of the hangar Benjamin gave a stretch accompanied by a yawn. That battle was rather tiring even though he really didn't do too much. Up ahead there seemed to be something going on as there was something of a crowd gathered around followed by some most aggravated yelling.

Aggravated yelling that sounded most familiar.

"Hey make way guys, hey.....what's your name, whats all the fuss?" he attempted to ask as he pushed his way through only for Jorhan to storm his way past back to his Tieren. Seemed something must've really pushed his buttons. Scouting the area for any other familiar faces he only managed to spot the lovely Tallgeese pilot and that annoying Gavin. Who seemed extremely focused on an exceptionally colorful Acguy.

"It's so bright it burns to look at it" he muttered as he turned away.
blind_dead_mcjones

clambering down from the tieren after storing it in one of the hangars, jorhan took the time to take a few deep breaths, calm down and regain his composure, before walking towards the hangar where major celeste stood, as he drew closer he saw that aquean was there as well and celeste did not look to be enjoying the close proximity.

"Major" he began, saluting before bowing his head slightly "my apologies, despite my best efforts the rebels got away with the designs for Vayeate and mercurius, and though it is of little consolation i did get a good look at the face of the one who seemed to be leading the raid."
Flag Fighter for life!
Inferno

Gavin let his Peace-love Machine sit for a bit while he took out another piece of candy from his pocket, and swallowed it whole. Feeling the high kick in again, he waltzed over to Siege and this newcomer.

"Heyyyyyyyyy, new girl! Totally sweet and all to, like, have another face around here and stuff! So, like, who are you?"
Zangetsu

-Erin ‘Siege’ Halphas-

Erin raised an eyebrow at the woman, now identified as Calet. She was staring at him in a way few, if any, had done. What precisely was going through her mind he wondered? Only one thing drew people’s attention like that when Erin was involved.

“I would be more than happy to.”

True Siege didn’t have mush previous knowledge of the base he had asked a tech where the Commander was. After all they would need to know about him. That a man as important as Erin Halphas was in the base would reach their ears sooner or later, but a personal visit might earn him some points.

“Would you mind answering a question though?”

Erin let a pause settle as he turned around and motioned for Calet to follow into the base. Setting a brisk pace Siege settled both of his arms behind his back. Right hand holding the left wrist, with the left hand itself clenched. With each step a sound echoed across the rather empty corridor that lead to the Commander’s office.

“Why were you staring at my eyes?”

The action did not go unnoticed by Siege, who was rather interested in the behavior. While they usually caught attention he always wondered each person’s reasoning.
Rob DS Zeta

Celeste looked at Sharaf grimly, not really caring much for his plans or his knowledge.

"Well, aren't you the smart one?" Cel chuckled, rolling her eyes. "If you have a plan, act on it. Just make sure that your regular duties are fulfilled."

That said, the woman turned to face Jorhan and meet his salute.

"Well, that might just be the best news I've heard all day," she told him, effectively going to 'Ignore Sharaf' mode. Besides, if Jorhan actually knew whom they were looking for, then they could do something official about it instead of letting Sharaf hire some bumbling band of baboons do it and fail spectacularly. "Do you have any ideas of who it might have been?"
*insert witty eyecatch here*
SNT1

-Sharaf-

The shady man refused to give up the spotlight to Jorhan, as he interrupts Celeste and Jorhan's flow of concersation.

"Samantha Firebrand, no doubt. One of the few that has an Overflag, to be used for mining of all things, if the reports are correct."

Sharaf was actually well-informed and had decent, non-illegal intel.

He quickly points to the nearest map. "And Barstow is the culprit town harboring her."

He then points out a map with some statistical mumbo-jumbo; Barstow is the only town in a hundred-mile radius aside from Lancaster that had a good amount of mobile suits, about a dozen or so. Sharaf then alluded to Sammy's father; Samuel. "Her father was of the most dangerous foes of the Empire back in the War. He was an excellent saboteur, and unlike most of the Northern Alliance soldiers, he was still wanted, long after the war."

"My plan is to strike Barstow hard and quick." Sharaf says this, convinced that the little town is the base of operations through some intel. Like Jorhan, he had a small hunch even before this situation that there have been some spy work and an ammassing of small forces. His intel proves Barstow at a 70% certainty that the rogue group is there, and 70% is a passing grade, good enough reason to blow up Barstow. "And if you give me the go-ahead, I'll assemble a force to deal with this..."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

as Jorhan opened his mouth to reply, Sharaf chose that moment to interrupt with a deluge of information, jorhan merely waited until the man was finished before he added his two cents

"it is as he said." he began "another fact that helps to confirm this was their tactics, rather than charge in blindly they chose to wait until the cover of night before conducting an internal raid, the other mobile suits being little more than distractions to cover the escape of the infiltrating force, one of the tactics used by the late samuel during the conflict with the northern alliance." he paused for a second, feeling an uncomfortable shift in the location of his injury

"however, i must fundamentally object to letting Aquean handle this, we are all quite aware of your 'methods' Aquean, and in my experience in hunting down and dealing with rebellions i can say that reducing barstow to a crater using hired thugs will make things worse, not better."
Flag Fighter for life!