EP.1: Now Hiring Hitmen!

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Re: EP.1: Now Hiring Hitmen!

McCracken knew a good deal when he heard one and spoke for the group.
"Deal,I'll git the truck!" McCracken thumbed towards the door and started to walk outside. He didn't really understand exactly why they needed another mobile suit, it must of been some kind of master plan Benito and Hud had cooked up without telling him.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

--Sharaf--

"A deal then, ok?" Sharaf says as he tried to get Hud and Benito's confirmation. Nevertheless, he opens his briefcase to get some papers, unfortunately for them it's only a small amount of cash inside. It's probably the 20% that he prepared. But aside from that content he pulls a small mobile device that displayed a map of the Mojave, and pointed at Barstow, specifically, the area near the mines.

"I need you to destroy all the non-imperial mobile suits in this area. Sounds easy, but they're miners, so they can handle some tough punishment. That catch is, you have to do this two days from now. Some of my boys are doing some weapons testing right now near there and some may not be aware of this 'deal.' You still on board?" Sharaf says to the trio, trying to gauge their interest.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
blind_dead_mcjones

Jorhan frowned slightly at Lems antics, watching cels car as it drove off in a hurry

"eloquent as ever" he began in response before turning to adress the man face to face "i'm afraid the powers that be are keeping their lips sealed in regards to new contracts, they want as many hands on this pet project of their's as possible while keeping the number third parties involved to a minimum" pausing he lit another cigarette before he continued "that said, there may an opening for a 'independent contract' if you're interested, and it'l involve pushing the envelope beyond the impressive results that your established work has yielded." pausing again, jorhan looked to the left as something caught his eye, the 4wd that the guys from the motorpool had given him a lift in was sitting not far from him, he checked his watch.

"ahh, i'm afraid i must take my leave, if you're interested in this countract then get in touch sometime in the next couple of days, you know where to find me." with that he walked over to the motorpool vehicle, after a quick lookover he saw that not only had they left it unlocked but the keys were in the ignition. great, the empire military has really been lax on its standards of late, oh well may well use it, they can walk back for all i care, maybe then they'l remember to secure it properly next time. Jorhan got in the vehicle and turned it on, before begining the long trek back to lancaster, arriving there in time to see cel walking away from her car.

"i apologise for that incident in the carpark" he said by way of greeting as he caught up with her after parking the 4wd back at the motorpool "lem konop is a rather unusual if gifted technician."
Flag Fighter for life!
Fritz Ashlyn

Hud Brody

"A deal then, OK?" Sharaf asked.

Hud rose from his seat and straightened his jacket, the front flapping open just enough to show the handle of his gun. He looked to Benito instead of Sharaf, deferring to his judgment rather than answering for himself. "You can work this crud out with him. I'll be outside with hoss gettin' the Samson ready an' waitin' on that Dom Tropen," Hud said to Benito, glancing back at Sharaf as he finished speaking. He straightened his cap and turned for the door, jamming his hands into his jacket pockets.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cardi Doorl

Benito didn’t even glance at his departing compatriots. His cigarette shifted from one side of his mouth to the other when he replied to Sharaf, “Yes, we have a deal. We get the Dom Tropical and kill some guys in that area, no? Two days, it’s more than enough time for us. We load the Dom onto our truck and on our way, and the job will be done mid-day tomorrow, okay?”
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
SNT1

-Sharaf-

"Don't twist my words, now," Sharaf calmly responds to the two, to stop them from expecting a shiny new unit waiting outside, just for them. "You get the money for the Dom after you've proved your worth. With the money I'm giving you right now, you're only getting its weapons." He says, alluding to the 20% payment he offered.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fritz Ashlyn

Hud Brody

Hud abruptly froze mid-stride near the shattered bar door at "only give you 20% up front", his boots thumping to a stop on the rough wooden floor. His hands slowly came out of his pockets and dangled loosely near his sides as he turned around and squared his feet to stare at Sharaf, his squinty gray eyes boring into the Imperial. His right index finger twitched as a drop of sweat beaded up and dropped off of the end of his nose.

"Sounds like bullsh*t to me, Benny. I don't cotton to bullsh*t," he said, his voice much lower and more serious than before. His vision unlocked from Sharaf as his eyes slowly tracked over to Molino.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

[Scooter McCracken]

Scooter was quick to hop into the Bone Ranger's Samson tractor trailer. He glanced at and quickly flipped off the obnoxious driver of the loud antique car, making a mental note to smash his face in if he ever had the chance. McCracken had the truck half turned around when he saw Hud amble back into the bar. Something was up, so Scooter turned the truck back and slowly pulled it up to the bar.

Cardi Doorl

Benito didn’t return Hud’s gaze. Instead, he merely took his arm off the supremely disinterested Constanza and ran his now-free right thumb across the zipper of his jacket.

“No, Hud, I don’t much like the bullsh*t either. I don’t think it’s a good idea to try the bullsh*t on anybody in this town. Some people, they learn that the hard way.” Then he nodded once, a single brief upward jerk of the head.

Fritz Ashlyn

Hud Brody

That was all Hud needed to see.

He seemed to become perfectly still for a moment as his eyes slid back to meet with Sharaf's. Time ground to an agonizing halt as he stared the Imperial down... and then his right hand was a blur as his jacket flapped aside, his gun out and firing in one breathtakingly fast motion honed by hours of practice and dastardly use.

His autorevolver spat two bullets from a feather light squeeze applied with the touch of a hired killer, aimed right for Sharaf's gut.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

SNT1

-Sharaf-

The way he stopped them at their tracks prompted Sharaf to read those thugs intensely with a focus of a true veteran.

"Sounds like bullsh*t to me, Benny. I don't cotton to bullsh*t."

"Well then..." Sharaf said, though from what it looks like, this is about to turn south, and quick. He was prepared.

“No, Hud, I don’t much like the bullsh*t either. I don’t think it’s a good idea to try the bullsh*t on anybody in this town. Some people, they learn that the hard way.”

Sharaf's grip on the suitcase tightened...

And quickly shielded himself from possible gunfire, the moment Hud reached for a pocket. Fortunately for Sharaf he has the experience in this arid region not to completely let his guard down, especially when dealing with thugs. The two shots hit Sharaf square in the torso area, but it absorbed the blasts well. He quickly kicks a table in front of him and then acted as a shield, and dives down for cover. "You'll realize you just turned down a good offer!" Sharaf exclaims, losing not a whole lot of poise.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fritz Ashlyn

Hud Brody

The tension in the Vegas bar was on the verge of exploding by the time Hud fired at Sharaf. Hud's first two shots thunked into the thick body of the Imperial's case as the man scrambled to take cover behind a table. "You'll realize you just turned down a good offer!" the sweaty captain yelled at them as Hud stared down at his gun in disbelief like it had failed him for the first time.

Even as an uproar started behind him, Hud Brody barely moved from where he stood when he drew on Sharaf; a small pile of spent shell casings jingled at his feet as he began to unload his pistol into the table the man was hiding behind.

An acrid curtain of gunsmoke hung in the air as he shoved a fresh moon clip into his autorevolver, muttering a choice string of curses under his breath. The sharp crack of gunfire rang out behind him, telling him that Benito and at least one other person had started shooting. "Sorry 'bout that, Benny. I figured him for a chump," he yelled over his shoulder, "We need to get while the gettin's g--"

Hud was cut off rather rudely by the front end of a massive Samson hovertruck smashing through the front of the building. He threw himself to the ground through the billowing dust, hitting bloodstained floorboards close to Benito as bits of glass from the place's large front window showered them. With the wind knocked out of him from flopping down so hard, Hud's face flushed red as he realized Benito was already jogging for the Samson and he managed to shove himself raggedly to his feet in an attempt to follow.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Cardi Doorl

The Imperial stooge was quicker than he looked, ducking behind a kicked-over table after Hud’s shots, then verbally railing at them from cover.

Benito rapidly drew his .45 Luger from inside his jacket and fired twice at the higher-ranking Imperial officer who had been seated near Sharaf; in the same motion, he kicked over the table he had been seated at, but not to take cover behind it; he propelled himself off of it to dash for the truck while firing two more shots into the general crowd of the bar.

Gripping the side of the Samson, Benito hollers to Sharaf, despite the unlikelihood of the man hearing him over the shouts and scrambling from the startled bar patrons, “Too bad it didn’t work out this time, pendejo. Now you seen what we can do, so next time we can make a deal, no?”

SNT1

-Sharaf-

"Yes, too bad indeed!" Sharaf replies back. "You could have simply said 'no,' but now you've sealed your fate!" He was reluctant to fire back, even though he had his Empire standard-issue pistol, but that would just cause a bigger amount of ruckus. But Sharaf clearly drew the line, and vows to himself to find these guys to return the favor.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

-Lem-

"F**kin mooks.."

Slamming the door shut on his Trans Am, Lem drew his 12.7mm as he crossed the street toward the half demolished bar a block away. From the car, he ran up the street to the corner of a building before whipping out his mobile phone and calling his shop.

"Jim.. this is Lem. Get the Gelgoog uncovered. I'll be down in 5."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wedge14

[Scooter McCracken]

With the boys either halfway inside the truck or hanging on for their lives, Scooter puts the truck into reverse, and wrecklessy pulls on the truck's horn. The loud foghorn sends a deafening blast that would disorient the people who were lucky enough to be still alive in the bar.

"Yeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwww!" The lunarian outlaw lets out a war cry as he wrecklessly pulls the wheel hard left. The hard turn and heavy foot, violently made the samson hovertruck turn 90 degrees. He had to turn that wheel all the way in the other direction to get the clumsy hover truck completly turned around.

"Shiiiet!, We left Hud in there!" Scooter shouts at the top of his lungs to benito his ear's still ringing from the fog horn.

Fritz Ashlyn

Hud Brody

By that time Hud's lungs were aching for air - he stumbled through the ragged hole that used to be the front of the bar, still fighting to regain his breath as he watched the Samson nearly jackknife as it turned to pull away. His first and second clumsy, running attempts at catching hold of a door or foothold failed and he found himself nearly on the ground again as the Samson jerked into gear. "Son... of a bitch... leaving... me..." he choked, taking off into a feeble jog after the truck as bullets whizzed overhead.

Shooting back at the bar blindly with bursts of .357 magnum fire, he continued to chase the truck on foot, his stride slowly getting longer and faster as he gulped in air. Instead of continuing to chase them down the street he stumbled up onto the sidewalk, and after a couple of blocks spotted a handy looking way to catch up.

He skidded to a stop at the driver's side of the bright blue classic car and bashed the side window with the butt of his gun. He jerked open the door as was halfway in when he saw the custom interior, the prominent stick shift and several other high performance items and realized he may have picked something that was a little too 'hot rod' for his lunarian driving skills.

"Goddammit," he muttered, clambering back out into the street as Scooter finally slowed down enough for him to catch up. With the big man stifling chuckles, Hud reached out to haul himself up onto the Samson's cab and found himself stumbling in the dirt yet again as the big man gave the hovertruck a little gas, laughing the whole time. With the little joke getting old, Hud pounced and finally grabbed onto the side of the truck as it began to drive away again. "Screw you... and screw that car," Hud muttered, still sucking wind.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

The Big Zabowski

-Lem-

Lem watched, jaw set as he watched Hud smash out the drivers side window which landed all over the vinyl seat. Luckily it seemed for Lem.. nobody in this day and age still knows how to properly drive a stick. That said he ran back toward his car and brushed the glass off with a towel he had in the back seat while conversing with Jim over the phone.

"Jim, make that 3. And load her out with the rifle. A**holes smashed out Lucy's window. I'm gonna meet ya at the usual drop point. They're on their way out of town anyhow.. cops can't do s**t after that."

Jim yelled himself over the phone, the sound of the Gelgoog powering up in the background.

"Damn dude! At least we bought stock in YearOne!"

"Heh, 400 some odd years and still stamping parts.. someone's gotta keep the old ones alive."

"You on your way?"

"Watch for the purple Samson with an empty flatbed. There's three of them, probably have suits on em stashed somewhere out in the desert."

"Gotcha, see ya in 2.."

Lem punched the clutch and cranked the 455 cubic inch beast to a roar before roasting the tires a bit in his launch after the Samson. As a parting gift before he ducked down an alleyway toward his rondevous point he stuck the 12.7mm pistol out the window and aimed for the largest tires on the trailer; the main trailer tires toward the gooseneck.

*BLAM*

A loud crack erupted behind the truck along with a bright muzzle flash as the pistol launched a .50 cal slug into the tires of the truck. A second shot also reported aimed at the (or at least looked like the) trailer brake controls. With those two shots he ripped the Trans Am into an alleyway headed for a nearby abandoned industrial park.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
SNT1

-Sharaf-

It seemed like the madmen had left the scene as Sharaf hears commotions from the crowd. He gets up to see nothing but a mess. Like nothing happened, he checked to see what happened to his suitcase. Bullet holes, and some burnt money...no worries for him, that can get reprinted. After the fiasco, he walks away smoothly like nothing happened. He's clearly not concerned about not getting any merc help, as there's always tomorrow for that.

*Sharaf's story done*
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wedge14

[Scooter McCracken]

With Hud finally inside, scooter hit the gas hard. "What in the helll took you so long" He said pushing his comrade towards the machine gun nests and shifting the truck into it's top gear.

Suddenly the loud gun fire from a very large handgun broke through the commontion. TNK! The first shot hit the road TNK the second slammed right into the the back of the trailer.
"Ah hell, i'm ditchin' the trailler!" Scooter reached for a mechanism that released the trailer from the hatch. Then flipped a switch causing the samson's hoover propulsion mechanism to start to engage.

A moment later the Samson's trailer was tumbling down the street causing one hell of a mess. As the cab now hovering hit the dessert at top speed.
"Damn wheels were holding us back!!"