4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

I can't believe i'm sitting here typing this, but i just opened the discussion thread for a new G gundam game at mechatalk!

The few of you who remember the last G gundam game will be surprised to know that this planned to be a direct sequal to the last game!

I'm implementing some new rules too... Mostly I want to add that if a player doesn't respond in 48 hours any of the Trinary(M-C Red, Fritz or me!(Wedge)) can call hits and affect the match. This is to encourage quicker matches, but we will still expect quality posts. None of that "I shot and then i do a dodge" crap.

I want to have a lot of fun with this game! I'm all for tag team matches and other goofy stuff!

Countries will be given at first come first served basis. I'll be opening up the sign up thread shortly. If you have any questions, comments or ideas please feel free to ask here!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

yay!

Seeing that the old G-RPG is one of the most popular mechatalk RPGs we've had, I'm glad this one was entered in. I do hope this one's more plot based than match-based, else this one will lag behind like the first one did after the 3rd round.

In any case, I'm intrigued, and I feel like I'm going to whip out my old gandam linearts again for this...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
EZero8

Man... the sequel couldn't have come at a worse time for me. It's looking like I won't be able to participate this time around. And I wanted to reprise Chase too. :?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

SNT1 wrote:I do hope this one's more plot based than match-based, else this one will lag behind like the first one did after the 3rd round.
I won't give anything away about the plot, but when it comes to the matches, like Wedge said, we're going to take steps to ensure that things don't drag out like they did last time around. And if they do, we'll be doing things about it, rather than just letting fights sit there in limbo. We'll go into more details about all of that at some point before the RPG gets going.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wedge14

I opened the submission thread! Tell your friends!!! Tons of awesome countries left!

The Big Zabowski

Russia's taken kids. Sorry. :wink:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

You're a funny guy, Zabowski. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last. ಠ_ಠ
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
The Big Zabowski

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:You're a funny guy, Zabowski. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last. ಠ_ಠ
Yay.. wait wut?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

kricagaus, the Neo Philippines are already taken. You'll have to pick another country.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Guess which country I picked? FREEEEDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

Now I didn't participate in the last RPG of this type and I'm wondering how it works? I mean, come on, when it comes down to it, we all want to win (or at least make it to the Finals) so how is the winner going to be decided?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kylern

Guess I'm back for this one. Though the air-bag from Neo Cuba is being replaced with a true Freedom Fighter. And before I hear Setsuna clone, this kid is actually optimistic because his side won for once. So he won't be as whiny or Gundam obsessed as his seeming replica here.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
SNT1

Yes, I get to reuse my old Jeepney drawing and turn it into the next iteration of the Fighting Pride of the Philppines! Prepare to get clocked, Ladies and gents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZz4Pzx1-0o

I feel like bringing back my cocky bow-sniping Brit; should I give others a chance for Neo-England?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Inferno

Heh, I've been looking for a good RPG. Since Neo Italy Isn't taken...
Wedge14

Hey! it's great to see so many new people. The game will be organized as a round robin tournament. The gundam fight has already progressed into the finals, and i've eliminated the rule concerning a gundam's head being destroyed. So that leaves people safe from being disqualified.

Another note on one or more characters. I kinda want to avoid this as much as i can. We ran into a problem last time where 2 characters who belonged to the same player were scheduled to fight eachother. As some may remember we really had to coerce the owner of these players to post. So as of now i'd like to keep it to 1 mobile fighter per person for most cases. Of course there is exceptions, I'm playing neo canada and neo luxembourg, but that is for plot reasons.

Once i go over the profiles, I will move them into a new topic. This will be a topic with just info. I will list the fight schedules there, character profiles and other information pertaining to the game.

Another new change is, that since this is the finals, most of the fights will be taken part in arenas. This is mostly to protect Neo Luxembourg and was put in place by them. This is actually going to make my life a lot easier, becuase i will not have to research abunch of information about luxembourg and then churn out a few paragraphs about the locale. I know this might seem kinda lame and a bit of a cop-out, but to slightly redeem myself i am going to be making the arenas themed. Y'know Fire Zone, Water Zone, Earth Zone that kinda jazz. It'll be much simpler and hopefully will stop me from burning out and delaying the game with writer's block.

I plan to bring back a lot of stuff from the last game for the old timers. So guys expect the crazy announcer from the last game who noone noticed, Boris the esteemed russian gymnast, O'Malley's and cameos from last years fighters!!

I wrote way more then i had planned to. If anyone has any questions,comments or ideas please post them here!! And if you're to embarrassed to ask a question here you can always pm me!

Mr. Aznableble

Why was my post deleted? I had a reason for why the Gundam was what it was. I figured the GMs would just nerf its stats. So here it is again (slightly nerfed):

Character sheet:
Name: Jon Aznableshier, bloodline descendant of Char Aznable
Height: 5' 11
Weight: 250
Gundam:
GF4-XXXNK Full-Armor Prototype Hi-Nu Psycho Shadow Master Burning Wing Zero Destiny Double Infinite Strike Justice Turn O Raiser Astray F91 Hell Custom Gundam MkII
Fighting Style: Improvised
Favourite Food: Pizza

Physical Description/Appearance: Sort of fat, but quick moving, medium length blond hair, wearing the ancestral Aznable helmet.

Biography:Charlette Aznable and Rick Abshier got married and had a baby who they named Jon Abshier. When Jon was 12 his parents got divorced and sent him away to Neo-Kenya. In an to pay respect both his parents he combined both there last names and became Jon Aznableshier. Jon became a Gundam parts collector/archeologist from and spent his remaining childhood restoring an RX-93-n-2 HI-n Gundam. eventually, after the death of the village elder he spread out across the world in search of a way to improve his mobile suit. He found the remains of many Gundams from long ago and incorporated them into his RX-93-n-2 HI-n resulting in the Full-Armor Prototype Hi-Nu Psycho Shadow Master Burning Wing Zero Destiny Double Infinite Strike Justice Turn O Raiser Astray F91 Hell Custom Gundam MkII, named for all the Gundams that were used to create it. Jon Still searches the world in search of more ancient Gundams but his secret hangar is still located somewhere in Neo-Kenya.

Other: Jon Aznableshier is a Newtype, can enter SEED mode, and runs really fast. He seeks to resurrect Neo Zeon as Char Aznable did long ago.

Gundam Character sheet:
Model number: GF4-XXXNK
Code name: Char's Full-Armor Prototype Hi-Nu Psycho Shadow Master Burning Wing Zero Destiny Double Infinite Strike Freedom Turn O Raiser Astray F91 Hell Custom Gundam MkII
Unit type: mobile fighter:
Nationality: Multi-National
Pilot: Jon Aznableshier
First deployment: FC 15
Accommodation: pilot only, in 360 degree cockpit using Mobile Trace System
Dimensions: head height:21 meters
Weight: 156 metric tons
Construction: gundarium alloy
Powerplant:classified ultracompact fusion reactor

Fixed armaments:

4 x 100mm vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head
1 x double beam rifle, power rated at 21.2 MW total (2 x 10.6 MW), mounted on right forearm
2 x hyper beam saber, power rated at 1.1 MW, stored in recharge racks in backpack, hand-carried in use, both hyper beam sabers double as double beam cannon, fire-linked, power rated at 40 MW (2 x 20 MW) total, mounted in backpack
4 x MA-M01 "Super Lacerta" beam saber, power rated at 0.89 MW, stored in recharge racks in hip armor, hand-carried in use
1 x high mega cannon, power rated at 50 MW, mounted in head, operable in mobile suit mode only
2 x 2-tube grenade launcher, 4 rounds per tube, mounted in forearms
3-barrel scattering mega particle gun, power rated at 4.8 MW per barrel, mounted in torso
2 x VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle), selectable mega particle acceleration speed for damage or penetration application, mounted on backpack, hand-operated in use
2 x M100 "Balaena" plasma beam cannon, stored in wings, mounted over shoulders in use in HiMAT mode
2 x MMI-M15 "Xiphias" rail cannon, folded underneath hips, spread out in use in HiMAT (High Mobility Aerial Tactics) mode
2 x MR-Q15A "Griffon" beam blade, mounted in knees; MX2002 beam carry shield, mounted on left arm, includes EEQ8 Grapple Stinger, RQM55 "Shining Edge" beam boomerang, mounts heat rod, retractable
2 x god slasher, mounted on forearms, used for Erupting Burning Finger
4 x Gatling gun, fire-linked, mounted in chest
4 x 9-tube homing missile launcher, mounted on legs
2 x 22-tube micromissile launcher system, mounted in shoulder armor
2 x 4-tube micromissile launcher, mounted on hip armor; 2 x dragon fang, mounted on arms
1 x MMI-714 "Arondight" anti-ship sword, stored in right wing, hand-carried in use
1 x GN sword/rifle III x 1
1 x beam scissors, stored in recharge rack on rear waist armor, hand-carried in use
1 x twin satellite cannon, mounted on backpack, powered by super-microwave energy beam relayed from lunar solar power station

Remote weapons:

5 x funnels

Optional hand armaments:

twin buster rifle, can be separated into two separate single-barrel buster rifles

Ultimate attacks:

Jesus Yamato's Shining Erupting Burning Moonlight Butterfly Finger Beam Spam Attack

Technological and Historical data:
This mobile suit is comprised of many different Gundams found around the world. Using his family's inherited mobile suit plants, he was able to use the parts from these gundams as one super powered mobile suit. He honors his bloodline relative Char Aznable by placing a red horn power chip on the Gundam's head, allowing the thrusters to operate at three-times the power.

If something here is illegal please let me know and i will gladly remove it. But don't just delete the post because you can.
Wedge14

I did not delete the old post. I assume it must of been one of the other moderators. Thats one hell of a profile. Theres no way could I allow a character that and gundam that ..."Awesome" in the game. I like how out of all his powers one is he can run real fast. :wink:

If you really want to play I suggest you actually select a country to base your fighter from, then take inspiration from said country to create your gundam and fighter. You can make it as goofy or as seriously as you want!

But yeah theres no way i could let that character or machine in the game. Sorry.

Mr. Aznableble

GF13-020NK
Zebra Gundam from G Gundam is from Kenya...

I thought my Gundam would be okay since I explained why I have all of the other Gundam Parts. like it says the character was just abandoned in Kenya So i thought the country would be irrelevant. The character himself is a drifter hence why he searches the world for more mobile suits. If anything I thought the excessive amount of weapons would be the problem not where i got my inpiration.

So how could i take that MS and make it legal? or can I?
Inferno

All these different arenas... Is this a gundam Pokemon league, or what?
Fritz Ashlyn

I'm the one that deleted the profile.
Mr. Aznableble wrote:So how could i take that MS and make it legal? or can I?
Highlight pretty much everything in the profiles but "Neo Kenya" and delete it.

Okay, I'm going to play along here and pretend you're remotely serious since that is unfortunately part of my job. Number one, this is G Gundam - no Char, Char clones, Char children, or anything Char-related exists in the FC calendar. There are no newtypes. There is no SEED mode. Most of the suits you took "inspiration" from do not and never have existed in G Gundam.

Like Wedge said, you should pick a country and then use it as inspiration for the Gundam and the pilot. G Gundam gets goofy and fun but it does exist in its own universe.
Inferno wrote:All these different arenas... Is this a gundam Pokemon league, or what?
Come on, the whole "ice level" type thing has been around since the NES. :P
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Arbiter GUNDAM

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Number one, this is G Gundam - no Char, Char clones, Char children, or anything Char-related
I may just make this my new sig. :mrgreen:

And I assume there will likely be something going on behind the scenes instead of us just fighting the Budokai to see who wins?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion