4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Inferno

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Tangerine wrote:Before anyone asks. No I'm not cheating and yes I am serious. I already explained the thing to Wedge before he accepted my profile. Just play naturally and I guarantee you could win easily if you play smart and adept quickly to the situation. Enjoy the RP while it last. :oops:
This is a Super Robot RPG. I can safely say that some of us were hoping for something absolutely ridiculous like this. Rule of Cool and whatnot.
Tangerine

Hehe, I'm glad at least one of you thinks that way. and now for a little fix. I actually meant Trident which actually pretty similar to Trisula. I wonder why I wrote Trisula yesterday..
mcred23

Not that my semi-absence so far has been a big deal, but just letting everyone know I should be back full time by Friday night. Also, the Trinary should have some, if not all, of the official results from the first two rounds sometime this weekend.

UPDATE: We've actually gotten quite a bit of the official results worked out, as about half the fights actually finished, and a few more were somewhat clear. We still have to work out the details on the other fights, some of which are borderline toss ups that we need to hem and haw over some more, but we ought to be able to do all of that in the next few days, and so I'll almost certainly be posting the results Sunday night while watching the Ravens-Steelers game. :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
mcred23

Alright, here are the results from the first two rounds, plus some lovely standings, and a few notes on things.

ROUND ONE

Fight One: Neo Luxembourg defeats Neo Egypt.
Fight Two: Neo Spain defeats Neo Canada.
Fight Three: Neo Germany defeats Neo Finland.
Fight Four: Neo America defeats Neo Switzerland.
Fight Five: Neo Philippines defeats Neo Greece.
Five Six: Neo Australia defeats Neo Ryūkyūs.
Fight Seven: Neo Russia defeats Neo England.
Fight Eight: Neo Japan defeats Neo India.
Fight Nine: Neo Pakistan defeats Neo Scotland.
Fight Ten: Neo Kurdistan defeats Neo China.
Fight Eleven: Neo Italy defeats Neo Israel.

ROUND TWO

Fight One: Neo Luxembourg defeats Neo Spain.
Fight Two: Neo Egypt defeats Neo Finland.
Fight Three: Neo Switzerland defeats Neo Canada.
Fight Four: Neo Germany defeats Neo Greece.
Fight Five: Neo America defeats Neo Ryūkyūs.
Fight Six: Neo Philippines defeats Neo England.
Fight Seven: Neo Japan defeats Neo Australia.
Fight Eight: Neo Pakistan defeats Neo Russia.
Fight Nine: Neo China defeats Neo India.
Fight Ten: Neo Scotland defeats Neo Israel.
Fight Eleven: Neo Italy defeats Neo Kurdistan.

Standings (In order of Third Round fights)

Neo Luxembourg: 2-0
Neo Finland: 0-2
Neo Spain: 1-1
Neo Switzerland: 1-1
Neo Egypt: 1-1
Neo Greece: 0-2
Neo Canada: 0-2
Neo Ryūkyūs: 0-2
Neo Germany: 2-0
Neo England: 0-2
Neo America: 2-0
Neo Japan: 2-0
Neo Philippines: 2-0
Neo Pakistan: 2-0
Neo Australia: 1-1
Neo China: 1-1
Neo Russia: 1-1
Neo Israel: 0-2
Neo India: 0-2
Neo Italy: 2-0
Neo Scotland: 1-1
Neo Kurdistan: 1-1

Okay, a few quick notes.

For fights that were close and didn't end, like I said previously, we looked at who caused the most damage, and who we felt who did the better quality posts, and awarded the win to those people.

The only fight we feel the need to explain our call for is the Neo Russia/Neo Pakistan match. While you guys called it a double knock out in the fight itself, we didn't like that idea. We want every fight to have a winner and loser, no ties or draws like that, for the purposes of standings that will become important later on, so we had to pick someone as a winner. Because of that, we looked closely at this fight for a while. What we came to was that, while the Neo Pakistani fighter was knocked out, his Supahi Gundam seemed to be more intact and still capable of fighting than the Buran Gundam, which losts its arms and legs, then crashed, and obviously couldn't fight anymore. That was the biggest reason why we credited the win to Neo Pakistan.

That's pretty much it. If anyone has any questions, sned me a PM and I'll answer your questions if I can. 8)

Attomoku

finals this week, don't expect any real posts for the next 5 days
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Inferno

The Neo Italy-Neo Israel fight was also supposed to be a draw as well. I think it would be more fair for it to be explained publicly, since by all means it seems like (between Marcus being beaten unconscious and him deliberately jumping off the side) it would go to Neo Israel)
mcred23

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one as we discussed that one fairly early on.

Long story cut short (Mainly cause I already deleted the PMs where we talked about it in detail :mrgreen:), I think we viewed Neo Israel's taking them both over the side like a suicide move. But I think the biggest factor was the failure of the mobile trace system, which obviusly means he couldn't control the suit any more, so we gave the fight to Neo Italy, whose damage wasn't as clearly crippling to his Gundam.

I think those were the reasons, but honestly, I've since forgotten the particulars of most of the fights, only who we decided won (When we had to choose). If you want to take the loss (Or anyone else in a close fight, for that matter), the Trinary can consider that option.

mcred23

REMINDER/UPDATE

This round has just over a week left to go, so keep that in mind when you put together a post or if the 48 hour limit has passed and you need to call hits. I haven't picked an exact date yet, but this round will last until at least next Tuesday (The 21st), but will more likely end on Thursday (The 23rd). That date will probably be set before the weekend, so everyone had enough advance time to get in a few posts. The next round will start right after as usual, but with Christmas coming up, we obviously expect people will be busy and that the next round may start off fairly slowly.

Inferno

Well, I wouldn't want to forfeit a win now, would I? After all, if nobody wants to NPC my opponent in the next week, I get to be 3 and 0!
mcred23

For those of you who don't read the TftF discussion, I'm going to be very busy starting tomorrow afternoon and may not be able to do a serious post again until Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon (Not that I can at the moment, waiting for Attomoku :P). Because of that, we currently plan to end this round next Thursday (The 23rd), but because everyone has been busy (And likely still will be, due to Festivus and other holidays), depending on where the majority of the fights are come next week, we may allow this round to go longer so more of the fights can come to real ends.

The Big Zabowski

Inferno wrote:Well, I wouldn't want to forfeit a win now, would I? After all, if nobody wants to NPC my opponent in the next week, I get to be 3 and 0!
x2 here, but who really cares. :mrgreen:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
mcred23

UPDATES

Things for me have been running late/very busy, but I will certainly be back by tomorrow afternoon/evening and be able to do a post for my fight.

Now, partly because of that, but mainly because we've got four or five fights still going on, and we expect everyone to be busy this weekend, we are extending this round at least one week, till next Thursday (The 30th). At that point, we hope more of the fights will be finished so we can move on to the next round.

We now return you to the rest of the forum, already in progress. 8)

Attomoku

I know that the RPGs slow down in December due to finals and Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ Festivus/ Dies Natalis Solis Invicti/ Etc. but man it feels more like a shutdown. And where is Wedge? He came back for the briefest of intervals, but has now disappeared again. Did he join Cardi's merry gang of outlaws?
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Big Zabowski

Attomoku wrote:I know that the RPGs slow down in December due to finals and Christmas/ Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/ Festivus/ Dies Natalis Solis Invicti/ Etc. but man it feels more like a shutdown. And where is Wedge? He came back for the briefest of intervals, but has now disappeared again. Did he join Cardi's merry gang of outlaws?
Who knows. But Holidays are generally the time to play with all the cash you got.. er spend time with family. I'd say the RPG is the least of everyone's concerns.. otherwise that'd be weird.

I'm just waiting for someone to just put a ruling out for 'Not it' as a form of winning a match in the game. Screw 'rock paper scissors'. Maybe then it'd pick up. Otherwise, box it and move on.. as much suck as that would be since that's kinda what happened to the last one. And the one before that. And the one before that..

Red.. you seein' a pattern? Aside from TARRPG which is still going (just off site)?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

Wedge is (likely) very drunk and Red and I are busy taking care of various things, but this RPG is not dead. This time of year everything in the RPG section slows down - even games that were slow to begin with.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Attomoku

Red, I think you forgot that the Kitsune still had a Sutra in its left hand when it pushed you back, and if both hands made contact it would have attached. (hence why she shrieked the activation command between screams) Maybe I should have made that clearer, sorry.
mcred23

My fault of not keeping track of things. :oops: I've gone and edited the post to take care of that. :wink:

mcred23

UPDATE

Because this weekend is New Years Eve and I doubt most people will be able to get in much during the next 48-odd hours, I'm stealing a page from Fritz's TftF playbook and holding off on the start of the next round until after January 1st. The new threads will go up, at the earliest, on Sunday night (Depends on if the Rams-Seahawks game puts me to sleep too early :roll:), Tuesday morning at the latest.

So those fights that are still going can keep going on. Everyone else, feel free to get blasted without having to worry about hurrying back here to start a fight. :mrgreen:

mcred23

I'm going to post the threads for the next round in a few minutes, so please stop posting in the old threads and begin the new fights.

As with the last two rounds, if someone wants to do an intro, go ahead and do it. We'll try and get the results from Round Three posted as soon as we can, but I've got no idea at the moment when that will be, so if you were in a fight that didn't reach a clear ending, try and be vauge about the results in an intro or outside of the fight. :wink:

Finally, to help account for this round starting later than originally planned, and us starting at this time (When people are just coming off vacation or going back to school, that sort of stuff), this round will last into at least the first week of February. At the moment, we're looking at ending around February 3rd or 4th, but that will obviously depend on how this round plays out. 8)

mcred23

The rare quadruple post! Awesome! :mrgreen:

Even more shocking than that, we've already got the results for Round Three! :shock:

Round Three

Fight One: Neo Luxembourg defeats Neo Finland.
Fight Two: Neo Switzerland defeats Neo Spain.
Fight Three: Neo Greece defeats Neo Egypt.
Fight Four: Neo Canada defeats Neo Ryūkyūs.
Fight Five: Neo Germany defeats Neo England.
Fight Six: Neo America defeats Neo Japan.
Fight Seven: Neo Pakistan defeats Neo Philippines.
Fight Eight: Neo China defeats Neo Australia.
Fight Nine: Neo Israel defeats Neo Russia.
Fight Ten: Neo Italy defeats Neo India.
Fight Eleven: Neo Kurdistan defeats Neo Scotland.

Standings (In previous order)

Neo Luxembourg: 3-0
Neo Finland: 0-3
Neo Spain: 1-2
Neo Switzerland: 2-1
Neo Egypt: 1-2
Neo Greece: 1-2
Neo Canada: 1-2
Neo Ryūkyūs: 0-3
Neo Germany: 3-0
Neo England: 0-3
Neo America: 3-0
Neo Japan: 2-1
Neo Philippines: 2-1
Neo Pakistan: 3-0
Neo Australia: 1-2
Neo China: 2-1
Neo Russia: 1-2
Neo Israel: 1-2
Neo India: 0-3
Neo Italy: 3-0
Neo Scotland: 1-2
Neo Kurdistan: 2-1

Notes and News

Same deal as before for the fights that didn't finish, we looked at them and gave the wins based on things like who did the most damage, who we felt did the better quality of posts, and gave them wins when it was close.

We had two fights (Russia/Israel and Canada/Ryūkyūs) in which nobody posted. For those two, we awarded wins to Israel and Canada. This was done mainly for story and standing purposes that will become clear later on.

We had three more fights (Philippines/Pakistan, Germany/England, and Luxembourg/Finland) in which only one player posted. For the first two of those, we gave that person the win. For the third, we awarded Luxembourg the win for plot purposes. Robo Jason, we'll make this up to you at some point (Likely when you fight Neo Canada :wink:).

Next, with Wedge back in Canadian rehab for his drinking and many other problems, me and Fritz will retake control of Neo Luxembourg and Neo Canada for the time being. We will both be posting for them, basically depending on whichever of us reads and has the time to respond first, so for the people fighting them, please keep that in mind.

Finally, we have a number of people who haven't been around in a while. If they don't show up and get posting again, or officially withdraw, or don't come back here at all, in about a week or so we will post a list of characters that will be officially up for adoption by any of you who wish to do so. If you adopt them, you can basically do whatever you want, although for some there may be some story things you need to know, and if that's the case the Trinary will PM you whatever you need to know. For those that don't get adopted, me and Fritz will also take control of them, but we're letting you all know right now that those extra fighters we have to take over are going to lose their fights fairly quickly, so keep that in your mind as well.

If you have any questions or spot at errors in the standings yadda yadda yadda PM me. :mrgreen: