4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Locked
User avatar
Wedge14
Posts: 1987
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Wedge14 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Well Neo Canada went down, Congratz to neo spain.

Who was expecting Stedmore to be a heel? lol
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!

User avatar
teleute
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by teleute » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Zangetsu wrote:Yeah I like the first one with the bolt in the center. Thanks man.
My pleasure. Glad you approve.
The Big Zabowski wrote:You could do one for Neo Russia if you wish.

After so many years of BS Putin froze himself, came back umteen-hundred years later and re-instituted communism.

So yes, the old Red and Gold with Hammer and Sickle is the standard. Granted I envisioned it moved toward the center of the flag rather than the corner. The bolt could also be creatively molded into it since IMO it would fit the motif.


Thats kinda cool. And avoids the new Russian flag... which is... kinda boring, Da?

I tried molding the bolt into the hammer and sickle but it looked weird no matter how I angled it. And if it didn't look weird, you couldn't tell it was a bolt. So I decided to go with the bolt as a simple, wide base which makes the four symbols into an rough triangle. The Neo bolt as the future which communism is riding towards on the bottom, the hammer and sickle as the nation's central socialist roots, and the star now representing the highest ideals of the space colony in addition to the five fingers of the worker's hand. Oh, and I lessened the width of the flag to emphasized the centered symbols.

☭ Flag, yo.

User avatar
The Big Zabowski
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: In the cockpit..

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by The Big Zabowski » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Thats kinda cool. And avoids the new Russian flag... which is... kinda boring, Da?

I tried molding the bolt into the hammer and sickle but it looked weird no matter how I angled it. And if it didn't look weird, you couldn't tell it was a bolt. So I decided to go with the bolt as a simple, wide base which makes the four symbols into an rough triangle. The Neo bolt as the future which communism is riding towards on the bottom, the hammer and sickle as the nation's central socialist roots, and the star now representing the highest ideals of the space colony in addition to the five fingers of the worker's hand. Oh, and I lessened the width of the flag to emphasized the centered symbols.

☭ Flag, yo.
Noice.. 8)

Actually it was a joke but yeah, Communism eventually won and lost over the hundreds of years since the CE1980s before becoming dominant by this point in the FC.

Also, in typical Soviet fashion as shown and stated in my latest combat post.. we're still in ur base.. stealin' ur secrets. :D
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)

User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Inferno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 pm

The Big Zabowski wrote: Also, in typical Soviet fashion as shown and stated in my latest combat post.. we're still in ur base.. stealin' ur secrets. :D
Keep in mind that all officially acknowledged Neo-Italian plans were made by an egotistical idiot who had no idea how Mobile Fighters worked. So you might want to check the documents you stole...

User avatar
thatguyent
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 pm
Location: Wherever I happen to be...

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by thatguyent » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm

I thought Stedmore would be a face, considering Hockey players are usually rough and tumble but fun type, and that Canadians tend to be laid back, but hell, what do I know 'eh?
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.

User avatar
The Big Zabowski
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: In the cockpit..

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by The Big Zabowski » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Inferno wrote:
The Big Zabowski wrote: Also, in typical Soviet fashion as shown and stated in my latest combat post.. we're still in ur base.. stealin' ur secrets. :D
Keep in mind that all officially acknowledged Neo-Italian plans were made by an egotistical idiot who had no idea how Mobile Fighters worked. So you might want to check the documents you stole...
Uh.. since when did any spy operation care about 'official' material? :wink:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)

User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Inferno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:53 pm

The Big Zabowski wrote:
Inferno wrote:
The Big Zabowski wrote: Also, in typical Soviet fashion as shown and stated in my latest combat post.. we're still in ur base.. stealin' ur secrets. :D
Keep in mind that all officially acknowledged Neo-Italian plans were made by an egotistical idiot who had no idea how Mobile Fighters worked. So you might want to check the documents you stole...
Uh.. since when did any spy operation care about 'official' material? :wink:
So Neo-Russia found a secret "[email protected]#%-up the Gundam" team that the head of the country's police force couldn't?

[remembers widespread police corruption and incompetence in backstory]

Oh wait, yeah, you probably could.

User avatar
The Big Zabowski
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: In the cockpit..

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by The Big Zabowski » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Inferno wrote:So Neo-Russia found a secret "[email protected]#%-up the Gundam" team that the head of the country's police force couldn't?

[remembers widespread police corruption and incompetence in backstory]

Oh wait, yeah, you probably could.
Not to mention this is Neo Russia. They may be corrupt, but if they hate you enough and want to win at any cost they'll go Ivan Drago training montage (including roids maaaan~) on your bum..

Also for those that wondered about the Buran.. and if it ever flew.

That's an Energia Rocket strapped to it. Originally designed to run on an Aerospike.

Oh yeah.. guess it took them long enough to get Aerospikes on the Buran, huh? :|
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)

User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Inferno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:42 pm

The Big Zabowski wrote:
Inferno wrote:So Neo-Russia found a secret "[email protected]#%-up the Gundam" team that the head of the country's police force couldn't?

[remembers widespread police corruption and incompetence in backstory]

Oh wait, yeah, you probably could.
Not to mention this is Neo Russia. They may be corrupt, but if they hate you enough and want to win at any cost they'll go Ivan Drago training montage (including roids maaaan~) on your bum.
Hell, you probably just bought the schematics. Can't trust mobsters with anything nowadays...

User avatar
blind_dead_mcjones
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Location: South Australia

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:22 am

teleute wrote: My photoshop-fu is incredibily weak but if anyone wants one I can whip 'em up. Except for Neo America. Yours was done long ago.
may i please request one for neo australia, and by all means please replace that silly union jack in the corner with something badass
Flag Fighter for life!

User avatar
Cybaster
Posts: 1415
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:28 pm
Location: SANDWIIIIIIIIIIIIIICH!!! *shakes fist*

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Cybaster » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Wedge14 wrote:Well Neo Canada went down, Congratz to neo spain.

Who was expecting Stedmore to be a heel? lol
Must...resist...urge to quote...The Running Man... :shock:

*fails Will Save*

<Caleb> Hey Patrick! *points at David* Here is Sub-Zero! Now...Plain Zero! :roll:
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!

User avatar
teleute
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by teleute » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm

blind_dead_mcjones wrote: may i please request one for neo australia, and by all means please replace that silly union jack in the corner with something badass
I just read the Wikipedia article on the Australian flag debate. Interesting read. To make your flag I took the winner of the 2000 Ausflag Proffessional Designer competition, combined it with parts of the governmentally recognized Australian Aboriginal and the Torres Strait Islander Flags, and added the Neo bolt in the empty space to add balance. The result is that the Union Jack is replaced by an inclusive symbol incorporating the commonwealth star, the Aboriginal colors, and the dhari headdress of the Torres Strait Islanders. The first version of the flag has this new symbol on top but the symbol in the upper left often represents a dominating power or occupier, so I have induced a variation with the bolt in that position.

Hope you like one of em.

Conventional version.
Cleaner symbolism version.

I think I still like the conventional version better, regardless of vexillological symbolism.

User avatar
blind_dead_mcjones
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Location: South Australia

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 pm

awesome work, definately like the conventional one, the layout has more balance to it.


and interesting is an understatement in regards to that flag debate
Flag Fighter for life!

User avatar
teleute
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by teleute » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:55 pm

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:awesome work, definately like the conventional one, the layout has more balance to it.

and interesting is an understatement in regards to that flag debate
Yeah, the Wikipedia article is very flat and academic... I doubt actual debates stay that way. One of my old professors is Canadian and he claims to have gotten into a fist fight when Canada was going through the debate about whether and how to drop the Union Jack from their flag. I'm glad you liked what I did with it. My Californian/U.C. Berkeleian hippie roots kinda came out with that whole 'inclusive' symbol thing.

I also just noticed the Neo Italian flag in the original G Gundam and made a cleaner version. For some reason they flipped the placement of the green and the red stripes. Maybe to avoid confusion with Mexico's flag? I don't know.

Also popped out my opponent Neo Scotland's, and Neo Switzerland's, Neo China's, & Neo Greece's cause they were easy.
Last edited by teleute on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fritz Ashlyn
Posts: 1906
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Contact:

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Fritz Ashlyn » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:29 pm

SIE WERDEN SICH HINSETZEN! SIE WERDEN RUHIG SEIN! SIE WERDEN NICHT BELEIDIGEN NEO DEUTSCHLAND!

Okay, that was a joke. Neo Germany's flag would be one of the boring ones that is just their current flag with the yellow N lightning bolt thing across the red bar or maybe small in the top left part of the black bar.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!

User avatar
teleute
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by teleute » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:SIE WERDEN SICH HINSETZEN! SIE WERDEN RUHIG SEIN! SIE WERDEN NICHT BELEIDIGEN NEO DEUTSCHLAND!

Okay, that was a joke. Neo Germany's flag would be one of the boring ones that is just their current flag with the yellow N lightning bolt thing across the red bar or maybe small in the top left part of the black bar.
Hey, not all of Germany's imagery is... unnerving. ^_^ I see no reason why a future space Germany can't use one of its alternate flags as its main flag and add a lighting bolt. Cause, seriously, the bundesdienstflagge is WAY cooler then the bundesflagge.

It would be kinda similar to what I have been doing for Neo Egypt's flag.

EDIT: In fact, here is the least boring but still mostly traditional Neo Germany flag I could make.

FLASHY

User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Inferno » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:28 pm

teleute wrote: I also just noticed the Neo Italian flag in the original G Gundam and made a cleaner version. For some reason they flipped the placement of the green and the red stripes. Maybe to avoid confusion with Mexico's flag? I don't know.
I don't know, but it's pretty awesome!

Also, I can see Dante and Reaper becoming my comedic sideshow. Somehow a teenage prodigy and a emotionless death machine seem to have good chemistry.

User avatar
teleute
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by teleute » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Inferno wrote: Also, I can see Dante and Reaper becoming my comedic sideshow. Somehow a teenage prodigy and a emotionless death machine seem to have good chemistry.
Especially around alcohol and women I have to add. Which I think means every female character in the game has to find a way to make Dante uncomfortable.

And I'm glad you like the flag. For everyone else... flags for all in the game or pending approval. All because my roommate is taking WAY too long to get ready for dinner. And this includes a slightly more toned down flag for Neo Germany.

http://img62.imageshack.us/g/flagofneoamerica.gif/

EDIT: ... I may have done a very American thing and forgot Canada...
Last edited by teleute on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Inferno
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by Inferno » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 pm

teleute wrote:
Inferno wrote: Also, I can see Dante and Reaper becoming my comedic sideshow. Somehow a teenage prodigy and a emotionless death machine seem to have good chemistry.
Especially around alcohol and women I have to add. Which I think means every female character in the game has to find a way to make Dante uncomfortable.


Apart from Nero and Marcus, the Caligulas family is basically a parody of my own. Dante is a comedic exaggeration of myself. (Yes, that is my IRL name) I wanted him to just be a cameo-level snarker, but I think he deserves to be a recurring character having his own misadventures with Reaper.

User avatar
blind_dead_mcjones
Posts: 1036
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Location: South Australia

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:12 pm

teleute wrote:
Yeah, the Wikipedia article is very flat and academic... I doubt actual debates stay that way. One of my old professors is Canadian and he claims to have gotten into a fist fight when Canada was going through the debate about whether and how to drop the Union Jack from their flag..
the actual debate gets pretty nasty, it seems to drag out almost rabid, frothing at the mouth fanboyism on par if not greater than all the shipping flamewars on the internet combined.
no one listens to the other side's argument, godwyns law is invoked in some cases, the chewbacca defence and counter arguments of 'NO U' are used gratuitously, and declearations that all who disagree with their opinions should be charged with treason for being unpatriotic.

flags: serious business


back on topic, with those announcers at the beginning of each fight, are we going to hear from them once each fight is concluded?
Inferno wrote: Apart from Nero and Marcus, the Caligulas family is basically a parody of my own. Dante is a comedic exaggeration of myself. (Yes, that is my IRL name) I wanted him to just be a cameo-level snarker, but I think he deserves to be a recurring character having his own misadventures with Reaper.
I smell a sitcom!
Flag Fighter for life!

Locked