Chapter 15: Trouble in Tokyo

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cybaster

-Emily-

Huh...wha? *yaaaawn...* Was Emily's reply, which explained the tardiness, certainly. Sorry, everyone. Yep, I'm here. What's up?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Terrace

Haven't seen you in a while, Emily. I've heard rumors of someone trying to recruit you for something. Wanna tell me about it?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Cybaster

-Emily-

Naaaaah...it's fine. I'll be fine.

Obviously whatever that was about, Emily felt it was not Terrace's business. Besides, Emily frowned, Terrace wouldn't have understood anyway.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-Kylern-

The space was clear around them as Kylern held his hands like he would be holding a sword. Of course the only real sword training he had was sporatic Kendo and fencing lessons, as well as some reason training in Khali stick fighting. He had also been apart of his schools foam weapon club thingy but even then his sword use was trumped by his reliance on the spear. All in all he stunk and had always taken to Judo and Taekwondo better. But he had to practice something as the TEMJIN gripped its own large bladed weapon.

"I'm no samurai or knight but this can't be too difficult." And with that he tried to practice simple techniques with the machine almost falling over. So to simplify combat he brought up the combat computer and programed close combat as assisted. He wouldn't be able to pull flashy twirls and stuff but it would keep him from fumbling trying to directly control something that complex. Shooting he programed into an easy right eye manipulated crosshair sight. Different hand motions would change the fire setting allowing quick on the fly mode changes for the versitial M.P.B.L.

All in all he had figured out roughly how combat would work until he was able to actually mount up and pilot without fear for his well being. At least out here doing it remotely gave him a safe place to crash if his health took a turn for the worse.

"Yosh! All I need is a real battle to test the new interface." He spun around with the cumbersome headgear still on causing him to lose balance and fall on his rear laughing. For someone in his condition he was in good spirits and ready for anything. Nobody could beat him as long as he stayed positive and believed in himself.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Nero

-Zero-

Once he saw the signal to retreat, he departed for the Landship, since he had something to give to Major Gordon.

-Black Knights-

All three ships soon left the battlefield, and since they knew their leader was on the AGT flagship, decided to go ahead and meet up with it.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Strike Zero

- Elya -

"Wait, what?!" Elya cried as she saw the bulk of the Fandom forces begin their retreat. Her lips formed into a pout and she crossed her arms. "Phooey all of you!"

She broke off her attack on the Airmaster squadron and started back for their carrier. As she did, she opened a COM line to Berith. "Everyone's leaving! It's time to get outta here, old man!"

- Berith/Jessie -

Indeed, Berith too had observed the retreat of their forces. Oh, how it infuriated him so, especially when he hadn't managed to achieve anything of value in this fight!

But an order from Lady Raven was something he could not ignore. Furiously, he deflected one last strike delivered by the Infinite Justice then took off to join his comrades.

Jessie's expression continued to remain rather listless as she watched her opponent take off. "See...? I told you guys you never win..."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

He woke up and went back in the direction of the Valhalla, and soon caught sight of a familiar face...

"It's that girl... the thief."

Zaine decided to go talk to Xiu, since he figured Tallis would likely want to be left alone right now.

"Hey... um... Xiu, right? I'm guessing you've got nothing better to do... would you want to help me out with something?"
Strike Zero

- Xiu -

Xiu turned and raised an eyebrow. It was the guy that had a thing for that mechanic chick on the Valhalla.

"That depends... what exactly are we talking about here?"
Omega

-Zaine-

"Well... let me ask you this, do you like that machine you have?"
Strike Zero

- Xiu -

The young girl pitched her head back and sighed. "And you had to go and bring that up."

"Oh, yes, I absolutely love the ordinary grunt suit they stuck me with. The grand total of two weapons it has are just radical. I'm totally not frustrated with the fact that my likelihood of being blown out of the sky is nearly quadrupled because I'm piloting that thing. Oh, yeah, it's awesome.

Once she'd finished Xiu kicked out at the air and let out a strangled cry of rage. "The piece-of-junk-Lion they stuck me with sucks! What did you think?!"
Omega

-Zaine-

He barely even winced, though he did sweatdrop when she turned on him.

"Yeah... you don't like it... Well, let's go talk to Dr. Zoldark, he might be able to help."
Strike Zero

- Xiu -

"Right now?" she said, recalling the time when she'd tried to ask Captain Ryker for a Gundam. That one hadn't gone over so well.

She sighed. "Whatever. Lead the way, lover boy."
Omega

-Zaine-

He led Xiu to Bian's office, but made a comment before knocking.

"I figured you'd want to cut those odds of getting fried down before the next fight... And the name's Zaine."

He knocked on the door three times and asked. "Are you busy, Doctor?"
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

It had taken her a bit of asking to actually find out where Gai was and even more to be able to see him. A DC scientist however eventually agreed to let her in to the room on the Valhalla in which he lay 'recovering' from the upgrade.

"Now keep in mind that he may be asleep."

the scientist punched his six digit ID code into the lock causing the door to slide aside and reveal the darkened room on the other side. Tallis, somewhat nervous now about what she had come to do, stepped in and, as the door closed, she reached over to feel for the light switch. Finding it as expected she flipped it revealing the Private room in the artificial light.

In front of her, very prominent in the center of the room, set the solid table upon which Gai, stripped of the external armor, lay. Any possible doubts that he was mostly mechanical now were swept away; only the face looked human now. He seemed to be asleep, his eyes closed, his body unmoving. For some reason Tallis didn't want to leave yet and seeing the lined up chairs took one and seated herself beside him as though she were visiting a sick relative. 'You nearly died and left us forever just like Mike did'

"Why did you fly out there to die?"

at first it seemed her question would go unanswered; silence seemed to fill the somber air, but then.

"Who told you such a thing?"

Tallis looked up to see Gai his eyes opened and head turned towards her. She could barely hide how startling it was as she lept to her feet in surprise

"Wha-? you're up? I thought... Did I wake you? I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry about it. I only sleep to pass the time when I have to undergo maintenance and have to lay on this table for hours on end. So where did you hear that I left that day to die?"

she looked down she hadn't wanted to talk about this but she answered the question.

"er- Zaine said so. When I told him you'd been acting oddly before hand... he suggested that you'd intended to die that day."

"Ah... so that's what it is. Well he was wrong; I didn't leave with the intention of dieing I don't climb in a mech to get myself killed."

Tallis was now slightly embarrassed over having mistaken Gai's intentions on that day. Gai realizing that the imposed rest period had ended got up and headed for the large steel suit case in the corner.

"Sorry you had to see me like this I hope my appearance is not too disturbing."

"N-no not at all. In fact I think it's kinda cool"

"hah I should have know you would think that"

Gai lifted the huge case as if it it weighed nothing and set it upon the table he had been on earlier, before opening it to reveal the shiny Black and gold armor. He spoke again as he began to 'dress'

"so why did you come here? do you need something?'

Tallis had almost completely forgotten her original purpose but Gai's question brought it back to her mind.

"Well... er... I... Uh..."

this was harder than she had thought she looked down as her cheeks reddened.

"I think I... like someone but.... I'm not sure... how to say it."

Gai couldn't help but find it funny that one of the most honest people he knew had trouble talking to someone but he managed to keep himself from showing it.

"Does this person like you?"

"they said so..."

"well then, there should be nothing preventing you from saying it outright. just say "I like you too."

The redness in her cheeks deepened though Gai visually ocupied with his task failed to notice it.

"b-but that's..."

"If you don't think you can say it out loud to them why don't you practice in front of a mirror or another person."

The solution was almost to simple and elegant for Tallis to believe it would work but it was better than any of the elaborate yet silly things she had thought of.

"um... I don't think a mirror would work but I think anyone I asked to help would just laugh at me..."

"I never thought I'd see you be so shy about something it doesn't seem like you. How bout I help."

Before she could respond Gai closed the now empty case and looked Her in the eye her across the table and Spoke sounding very serious.

"I Like you."

Tallis was almost dumb stuck by Gai's words almost forgetting that he was doing it to help her rather than declaring feelings for her.

"I... um... er..."

"Just say it."

"I-I"

"Come on"

"I... Like... you... too..."

Her face was redder than it had ever been before nothing could hide that from view but having finally said it was a relief.

"there you go. now come on let's get out of here and see what's going on since I've been out."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Kylern

-Kylern-

He shut down the TEMJIN and slowly lifted the large helmet from his head. His eyes strained slightly to the light from the hangar forcing him to bring out a pair of glasses from the inside of his jacket. There for the longest time he hadn't needed them since he had been getting stronger but with his failing health they were needed again.

"This really sucks." With that he leaned back against a crate and whistled a little. Once he had a tune going it began to sound a bit like the solemn song from Outlaw Star. The whistling turned into humming as his skills weren't good enough to continue.

"The drama continues with the story hopefully reaching the final few arcs." He hoped things would start to wind down towards the final scenes soon before he completely lost his mind.

-Natalia-

With nothing important to do she continued to sulk and curse over that mechanic earlier. He had gotten under his skin in a way not seen in a long time. That coupled with her anger was slowly pushing her towards her own edge.
SNT1

--Taylor, ZetaPlus units--

Seeing all the targets they engaged back up, Taylor turns her attention to the worsening situation in the south border.

"ZetaPlus units! Attack the mobile suits south!"

The five healthy units then immediately disengage the retreating units and focused on the massive amount of MD's. The other five had to stop their fire, taking the shots with their shields, and at the end, had to dodge a lousily thrown grenade as it escaped.

--Rachel, Duskraiders--

She didn't bother giving chase this time---with three or four retreating at the same time, it wouldn't be wise to jump in amongst them, so instead she helps the four remaining Airmasters deal with the remaining BABI units that they've been dogfighting with.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strike Zero

- Jessie -

The Infinite Justice drifted past the Airmaster and Duskraiders as it headed back to the hanger. Jessie opened a COM line to Rachel and Taylor.

"I'm going to bed... wake me if stuff starts blowing up again..."

- Berith / Elya -

"So... why are we on this ship again?" Elya quired.

"Because as it happens, Elya," Berith responded, "Our last ship took a stray beam shot to the hull during the engagement. It won't be mobile for some time."

"Oh. I thought you just liked this ship better. It can fly after all."

"Indeed, it does have its advantages..." Berith said, disembarking from his Gyan Kai to perform a damage assessment.

Elya hopped out of her own unit and set out to explore the ship's hanger. It was the special one that commander Gordan had arrived on, and it looked pretty fancy. Randomly, she decided it would be good to get acquainted with him.

"Hiiiiiii!" Elya called as she skipped over to the masked man, pausing to observe the red Tallgeese as she noticed the damaged leg. "Wow. Somebody really did a number on you, huh, mister Red Goose?"
Nero

(Feel free to bunny him to get the disk)
-Zero-

He landed on the AGT Flagship and climbed out of his KMF before going to wait by a red mech, the disk he'd decided to give to the Red Eagle with him.

"Major, I have something for you."
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Wingnut

- Bian -

Lune had long since left by the time Zaine and Xiu came to his door so he had time to see them and opened the door to let them in.

"Not at the moment. Is there something you need?" he replied curious at the combination of both Zaine and Xiu entering together.

- Red Eagle -

Zero got to him first and spoke up before Elya got to him. "Major, I have something for you."

"Oh, what is it?"

"It is a copy of data that my spy on Aidoneus managed to acquire before she was found out and had to escape. I hope you will find it useful." Zero said handing Gorden the disk.

"Hiiiiiii!" then came the high pitched voice of a girl that looked no older than ten as she skipped over to where he and Zero were near the Tallgeese.
"Wow. Somebody really did a number on you, huh, mister Red Goose?"

Again Charles was taken aback at the nickname this child had given him and he could have sworn he could see Zero snickering at the sight, even through the completely opaque mask he wore.
"Not. A. Word." he said quietly to Zero before turning to Elya.

"Yes, it seems that they did." he said with a slight hint of annoyance at the fact of a 10 year old girl addressing him in such a manner, even if she was a Dark Star Knight. "That new purple Gundam seems to have been built for mêlée combat as it had a beam blade in a place one would not expect."

- Raven Sterling -

Seeing as she came in on a drop pod, the only place she could go was the Red Eagle's ship. She landed as did Johann and Nena and the three regathered their bearings after being rather thoroughly defeated by a vastly superior force.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Nowe-

He had been forced to retreat with the rest of them feeling like trash. His unit was intact but he had no kills under his belt from this operation. Instead he had run like a little girl the entire time. He kicked the cockpit with his boot forcing the music to turn off revealing his attitude.

"Freaking Zeta knockoffs got in my way. Why the hell do so many expensive units show up at the same place at the same time? Freaking Federation has the cash to throw around." He kicked the console again feeling cheated out of everything this time. He was suppose to arrive on the scene and stun them all with his brilliance. Instead they were all probably laughing at him behind his back.

So instead of chatten with the others like what seemed to be happening he arrived on the ship silently and sat his new still unbroken unit in its spot. The hatch opened and he climbed out feeling defeated and unable to keep his normal unshattering demenoer.