Dark Knight

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
South Burning

I just noticed that the only Golden Globe nom that Dark Knight received was for Heath Ledger as supporting actor. I think any award group that failed to give him that much would be revealing themselves as a waste of space. As far as villains go, I think this series of movies really should stay away from "gadget" villains like Mr. Freeze and the Penguin and, instead, stick with the more psychological ones, leaving the gadgetry to Batman. This formula, as well as the great special effects, seems to have worked better than the campy scenarios of past Batman movies in converting new fans. Before "Batman Begins", the only Batman movie I liked was the first Michael Keaton Batman.
L.U.T.A.

Well... the new batman movies don't really speak to me. Don't get me wrong i loved the performance of the late Heath Ledger but the actor of batman, whatever his name is, doesn't impress me. I like the concepts and gadgets but i feel batman is lacking in something. Maybe its the fighting choreography, the voice (that seems a little pressed), or the lighting that could make batman sooo much better to me. I'm just saying Heath Ledgers acting could of been Twin Drived with a better acting batman.
~Searching for happiness...
The blue bird flies away
J-Lead

L.U.T.A. wrote:Well... the new batman movies don't really speak to me. Don't get me wrong i loved the performance of the late Heath Ledger but the actor of batman, whatever his name is, doesn't impress me. I like the concepts and gadgets but i feel batman is lacking in something. Maybe its the fighting choreography, the voice (that seems a little pressed), or the lighting that could make batman sooo much better to me. I'm just saying Heath Ledgers acting could of been Twin Drived with a better acting batman.
Well, if there is one thing I happened to like about Bale's performance, it's that his Batman conflicted with his Bruce. In almost every Batman film or episode or show I've seen, Bruce Wayne sounds exactly the same in his Batman outfit, and sometimes acts the same (Batman and Robin,) and nobody seems to make the connection between the two, which further hinders the suspense of disbelief. Bale's Batman, however, sounds like your everyday playboy rich manslut in his Bruce Wayne persona, but like an absolute monster in his Batman form, which helps enunciate that Bruce Wayne's persona as a rich playboy is nothing but a fraud, a mask to hide his inner rage. Rachel Dawes said in the end on Batman Begins that the real Bruce Wayne is the man in the cape striking fear into the criminals of Gotham, not the wealthy spoiled brat he tries to act like. That made the character a bit more intrigueing than previous interpretations, if you ask me.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Kavik Ryx

You know, everyone goes on about Heath Ledger's performance, which was fantastic by the way. But there is very little credit given to Aaron Eckhart for his portrayal of Harvey Dent. His transformation from Gotham's white knight to Two Face was about as natural as it got. He made me believe and I was truly frightened.
Aegis

L.U.T.A. wrote:Well... the new batman movies don't really speak to me. Don't get me wrong i loved the performance of the late Heath Ledger but the actor of batman, whatever his name is, doesn't impress me. I like the concepts and gadgets but i feel batman is lacking in something. Maybe its the fighting choreography, the voice (that seems a little pressed), or the lighting that could make batman sooo much better to me. I'm just saying Heath Ledgers acting could of been Twin Drived with a better acting batman.
Fighting choreography? In the past Batmans? You mean the Adam West *BAM* *BOFF* *POW* choreography? The stiff necked movements of the previous Burton and Schumacher films that look like they're in a rubber suit because... well... they ARE in a rubber suit? Lighting like the disco lights in Batman and Robin? Especially in a dark, brooding, wasteland that Gotham is supposed to be? Truly, the only part of Batman that would induce some cringing would be the gravelly voice when Bale puts on the Batman voice. Beyond that, Christian Bale is pretty much the best Batman in movies I've ever seen, playing both the duo role of Bruce and Batman swimmingly well, while actually looks like someone who would kick my *** in ten different ways even in a heavy suit. Plus he can actually turn his head this time around. :P
Kavik Ryx wrote:You know, everyone goes on about Heath Ledger's performance, which was fantastic by the way. But there is very little credit given to Aaron Eckhart for his portrayal of Harvey Dent. His transformation from Gotham's white knight to Two Face was about as natural as it got. He made me believe and I was truly frightened.
Oh, don't worry. Eckhart didn't go unnoticed. Just by the fact that this isn't the Tommy Lee Jones portrayal was already a noticeable improvement. :P But the fact that he put so much weight on his shoulders to play the proverbial 'White Knight' only for his eventual fall to the twisted Two Face that we all know and love was also deserving of credit. Heck, there really isn't anyone in that cast that was weak. Just that Heath Ledger's death overshadowed the fact that everyone delivered a solid performance.