New Star Wars Movie

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

New Star Wars Movie

I'm not kidding. Come August there will be a new Star Wars movie for us to go see. It's animated though, not live action.
Unlike the prequels, I approach this announcement with trepidation. Episode III was supposed to be the very last Star Wars feature film after all. Warning bells are already ringing in my mind. Why? Well to start with, Anakin apparently has an apprentice in this movie, which directly contradicts Episode III. The only way I can see them getting around this is for this apprentice to die, which is stupid. Why introduce a potentially interesting character when we know that she's probably going to have to die? :?

I think at this point, Lucasfilm is just trying to milk the Star Wars cash-cow for all its worth. They're already hard at it with the travesty known as Legacy of the Force, so why not try with a new movie? (Lucas is not directing and is only somewhat involved... as usual.)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Hyakushiki

Well that goes without saying, they've been doing that for the past thirty years. If by Lucas' minimal involvement, meaning he's not writing the dialogue that could be a good thing. My interest in Star Wars has wanned between watching the anti-climatic Episode III and the current plot lines of the novels, but I'll probably end up watching it though out of curiosity.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Bright Noa

Well, there's the whole post-Episode VI comics and novels, among which include a retcon of the deaths of both Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars: Dark Empire) and Boba Fett (Star Wars: Boba Fett) and Han using a lightsaber as his weapon of choice (the series featuring Grand Admiral Thrawn, forget the name). Not to mention there's Shadows of the Empire.

So...lets wait and see how this turns out.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Jack

The Clone Wars cartoon was fantastic, but what I've seen so far of this new movie looks terrible. It looks like a PSone game FMV.
Blade of the Red Comet

So then is this movie supposed to coincide with the events in Force Unleashed? Because to my knowledge the story in Unleashed is LucasArts canon and is centered around Vader's secret apprentice.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hyakushiki wrote:Well that goes without saying, they've been doing that for the past thirty years. If by Lucas' minimal involvement, meaning he's not writing the dialogue that could be a good thing. My interest in Star Wars has wanned between watching the anti-climatic Episode III and the current plot lines of the novels, but I'll probably end up watching it though out of curiosity.

Episode III anti-climactic? Well have it your own way, but I do agree with you about the novels. Legacy of the Force is pretty much just copying the plot of the prequels which is a red alert however you look at it.

And yeah, this movie looks like a sort of... CGI clay-mation I guess.
So then is this movie supposed to coincide with the events in Force Unleashed? Because to my knowledge the story in Unleashed is LucasArts canon and is centered around Vader's secret apprentice.
Probably not, but since every freaking thing in Star Wars is canon to some degree, you have to accept that Vader has had about six or seven secret apprentices so far. No joke.

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

New Star Wars movie?
Where did you hear about this?
Because I know there's a videogame out in which Vader secretly has an Apprentice - game only mildly interested me, but that's mainly because after my PS2 finally died last year, I no longer play videogames at all.

The LotF novels started out fairly interesting, but they got kinda stupid from the third one onwards, so I really lost interest in those.
Clone Wars was silly-looking, but cool in its own way.

And I really hated how Palpatine Clones kept cropping up over and over again in the early Post-IV books and comics.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Hyakushiki

@ Arbiter: I should say that I liked the movie for the most part, just that Vader's final reveal lacked the drama it deserved IMO, I didn't think you could make Vader look lame but they found a way. I should also clarify that I disliked only the novels from New Jedi Order onward, I mean how can they off Chewee like that! If he had to go, he deserved a more manly death than that.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Dark Duel wrote:New Star Wars movie?
It was in the paper this morning.

--Freyja Wion
Nimrod

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:New Star Wars movie?
It was in the paper this morning.
Got any more of a source than just saying "I saw it in the paper"?

Especially when Lucas' IMDB profile says the only star wars stuff he's doing are the "tv series" that are supposedly coming out 2008-2009ish.

A link to IMDB or something else perhaps?
Hyakushiki

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0212/starwars.html

Coincidentally, as I read this thread they made mention of it on G4's Attack of The Show during The Feed segment.
wing zero alpha

Blade of the Red Comet wrote:So then is this movie supposed to coincide with the events in Force Unleashed? Because to my knowledge the story in Unleashed is LucasArts canon and is centered around Vader's secret apprentice.
The answer is no, Anakin's apprentice is a young Togruta girl (the species that Jedi Master Shaak Ti is a part of) that apparently is just as impulsive as Anakin. The apprentice in Unleashed on the other hand, is a human male.
Arbiter wrote:Episode III anti-climactic? Well have it your own way, but I do agree with you about the novels. Legacy of the Force is pretty much just copying the plot of the prequels which is a red alert however you look at it.
Eh, I actually enjoyed Legacy of the Force so far; I'm just hoping that after it's all done they'll stop right there with Luke Skywalker and the rest (I doubt it though) and just let them live their lives out in peace. The Yuuzhan Vong were bad enough at messing with the setting, but Darth Caedus is making it look like Han and Leia made a mistake having kids. But then I prefer Darkhorse's Star Wars Legacy series myself, since it's fairly new and fresh.
Dark Duel wrote:New Star Wars movie? Where did you hear about this?
Read em and weap. I know it says TV series, but apparently it will be shown in theaters as well.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Eh, I actually enjoyed Legacy of the Force so far; I'm just hoping that after it's all done they'll stop right there with Luke Skywalker and the rest (I doubt it though) and just let them live their lives out in peace.
uh yeah, no. They will stretch Luke and Co. ages to the breaking point before they allow them to die. Chewie was already a couple hundred years old and well, he was just the walking carpet right? :roll:

And I'm sure the reason Mara and Anakin Solo are already dead is becuase they're "just novel" characters.

Don't gt me wrong, this will probably be a great movie. It's just that it will probably do what a lot of Star Wars stuff does and force Lucasfilm to go back and patch up all these little continuity errors because of their "everything is canon" attitude. Not everything can be canon. That's like saying that Gundam vs. Ideon manga that I saw on MAHQ is canon.[/quote]

--Freyja Wion
wing zero alpha

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:uh yeah, no. They will stretch Luke and Co. ages to the breaking point before they allow them to die. Chewie was already a couple hundred years old and well, he was just the walking carpet right? :roll:
'fraid not. One of the Lucas' stipulations with the Expanded Universe is that the original three (Luke, Leia and Han) are not allowed to die. The rest are generally fair game, including in movie characters like Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, etc.
That's like saying that Gundam vs. Ideon manga that I saw on MAHQ is canon.
Sorry, Gundam's done its own fair share of retconning: 0080, 0083, 08th MS Team and to some degree the Zeta Movies and AoZ. Besides, not everything in Star Wars is canon (the Infinities for example).
Albireo_818

I honesty could not care one way or the other...not big on movies-going-animated thing.

I may check it out out of curiosity. Just, please, i hope they dont make it worse than Episode I.

THey couldnt...could they???
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
teslashark

We may see anakin clones :twisted:
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Darth Optimus

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:
Hyakushiki wrote:Well that goes without saying, they've been doing that for the past thirty years. If by Lucas' minimal involvement, meaning he's not writing the dialogue that could be a good thing. My interest in Star Wars has wanned between watching the anti-climatic Episode III and the current plot lines of the novels, but I'll probably end up watching it though out of curiosity.
Yeah, I thought that EP III was one of the better ones (even if the dialogue between Anakin and Padme was lacking). That fight between Obi-Wan and anakin at the end was the greatest lightsaber duel out of all the movies.
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
Draco Starcloud

The first three episodes are going to release together theatrically and then when the series airs it will start where the movie leaves off.

I think it sounds great personally. Some of the scenes from the preview have me hopeful that there'll be some awesome Clonetrooper action, maybe even some Republic Commandos.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
wing zero alpha

Draco Starcloud wrote:I think it sounds great personally. Some of the scenes from the preview have me hopeful that there'll be some awesome Clonetrooper action, maybe even some Republic Commandos.
Wouldn't mind seeing the ARCs again myself.
Dynames

Interesting, i am a big Star Wars fan (and yes i did LIKE the prequels) it sounds very interesting i'll have to see it and find out if its good when its released.
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best