What's Your Latest Movie?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
goufx

i just watched resident evil extiction again, and actually, i thought it was very good. my favorite part (SPOILERS!!!!) was when Alice met the AI in the Umbrella Corp. base. Alice to the AI: " I new your sister. She was a homocidal b***." major LOLZ!!!

oh, how is the hitman movie? i was wondering if it was worth buying ( i need at least 3 opinions on this).
UrbanSniper

Just watched Meet the Spartans and Asylum. Both were rather *blah* overall, though at least with Spartans I had a few laughs (despite 90% of the movie being one big gay joke). I'm hoping to watch Doomsday here soon; it looks nice and violent (always good when I'm in a bad mood).
Tgjanlee

Hellboy 2- much more engaging than it's predecessor. I really enjoyed the story even though the disapointing lack of meyers :C (6.5/10)

Dark Knight- What can i say about this movie but...wow, just really really wow. It touched all the right bases and the story was flawless. Great work. (9/10)
....why leave this open to insert images! GAHHHH
Antares

Hancock was okay. Funnyish for the most part.

The Forbidden Kingdom was not. Jet Li and Jackie Chan didn't save this typical white-n00b-becomes-kungfu-master -story. It was somewhat funny to watch with my brother though, because we made our own comedy.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
manmiles

I really, really liked the Dark Knight, but I think that the Joker overshadowed Batman so much, it did show how little the film does with him as a character.
goufx

well, since i am a stargate fanboy ( just like i am a dmc fanboy), i got stargate continuum, and for a topic that has been used 3 other times in stargate sg-1 and atlantis ( granted, with differences), i have to say, it is the best stargate movie so far.
Battosai28

I finally saw finished fightclub and am working my way through pulp fiction. Two clasics, I know. Better late than never I guess.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I just got G-Saviour in the mail last week. All I'll say is that I won the DVD in an eBay auction for just one dollar--and I still want my money back!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
UrbanSniper

Just got back from the movies about 20 minutes ago; saw The Dark Knight. I must say...it was amazing. It actually beat Batman Begins, which I didn't think was possible. If you've not seen it, GO NOW!! (Or whenever your local theatre is open, of course...)
G.Squirrel

I recently purchased Taxi Driver. It's a simply amazing movie and it has some of the best music in a movie, bar none. It was the last soundtrack that Bernard Herrmann composed (The man behind the music of such classics as Citizen Kane, Psycho, North by Northwest and Vertigo).
assault gundam

I just saw The Dark Knight for the second time two days ago and I still love it. "Why so serious" and "Let's put a smile on that face" are some of my favorite movie lines.
9/10

Yesterday I decided I'd watch Starship Troopers and Starship Troopers 2: Hero Of The Federation when I saw a trailer for ST3:Marauder. Still love ST1 but I only saw ST2 for the first time and it was okay. It's what you'd expect from a straight to DVD movie. The only let down was that it didn't really feel like a Starship troopers movie, they never really fight the warrior bugs. They only fight them at the begining and one guy fights them at the end. Anyway, it was an okay movie but it really didn't feel very STish

ST1 8/10
ST2 5/10
ST3 ?/10
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
J-Lead

Batman and Robin (1997). I watched it because my friend told me it was the worst movie of all time, and that it was worth seeing for the laughs. We ended up playing a drinking game having to do with downing a shot every time Mr Freeze makes a stupid ice referance. Needless to say, I haven't been feeling up to health for the better majority of the day.

Although it's always comforting to know that Hollywood successfully transformed Mr. Freeze from a mildly sympathetic antihero with a good-willed end to his morally questionable means into a two-dimentional saturday morning cartoon villain, and Poison Ivy from a seductive succubus into...Uma Thurman.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Last movie on DVD: L Change the World

Last Movie Watched:
Dark Knight-the film is DEFINITLY as good as everyone says it is, I think it's the best Batman movie I've seen thus far.
L Change the World-Meh, a good movie over all but really, it's for L fans.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Dave

Bob Saget: That ain't right
あなたの父親と母親elderberriesハムスターのにおいがした.
Darth Optimus

The Mummy 3.

It was aight.

5/10.

Also saw Step Brothers, which was maybe one of the funniest movies I have seen.
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
G.Squirrel

Batman and Robin (1997). I watched it because my friend told me it was the worst movie of all time, and that it was worth seeing for the laughs.
Damn, that was a bad movie. I recently re-watched it and, god, I have no idea how I managed to get through it all. But is it the worst movie ever? I've seen a movie far worse than Batman and Robin. FAR worse. It's called "The Man Who Would Save the Earth" (and variants thereof, depending on the translator) and it is so bad that nothing can climb the feces-encrusted hill that this movie is king of.

It's in the public domain now and in it's entirety on Google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6427160377

But, to contribute: I recently watched Labyrinth and, apart from the puppets, wasn't really digging it. It's a bad movie, and I have no idea how it got the cult following that it has now. It's a fun little movie, for sure, but it's not the best movie, or even a great one. It's just ok.
ShadowCell

Escape 2000, Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, and The Sword and the Dragon, by way of MST3K. I lament its loss, because otherwise I'd have an excuse to watch films like Batman & Robin and 2004's Catwoman.

In MST3K-free movies, there was Ghost Rider. I'm totally unfamiliar with the comics, but the movie was kind of anticlimactic, since Blackheart's minions were all pretty easily dispatched, and Blackheart himself didn't put up a very impressive fight either.
dreacon

G.Squirrel wrote:
Batman and Robin (1997). I watched it because my friend told me it was the worst movie of all time, and that it was worth seeing for the laughs.
Damn, that was a bad movie. I recently re-watched it and, god, I have no idea how I managed to get through it all. But is it the worst movie ever? I've seen a movie far worse than Batman and Robin. FAR worse. It's called "The Man Who Would Save the Earth" (and variants thereof, depending on the translator) and it is so bad that nothing can climb the feces-encrusted hill that this movie is king of.

It's in the public domain now and in it's entirety on Google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6427160377

But, to contribute: I recently watched Labyrinth and, apart from the puppets, wasn't really digging it. It's a bad movie, and I have no idea how it got the cult following that it has now. It's a fun little movie, for sure, but it's not the best movie, or even a great one. It's just ok.

I think it has something to do with the David Bowie in a Cod-Peace factor that gave it the cult followin.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
Imperial

Teeth

Oh, God, Teeth

I had to watch the last half of the movie with my legs crossed for fear that the titular vagina dentata would jump out the screen to emasculate me.

It's a horrible, awful movie I wouldn't force anyone to watch, not even for shock value or MST3K fodder. I've seen the movie hailed as "bold," "creative," and "empowering." Don't you believe a word of it. It's disgusting, dirty, and rampantly androphobic. All the men are painted as vile rapists who deserve to have their genitals removed by the poor, sweet heroine. It gets even worse when it's used to justify her decision to become what amounts to a serial killer by inflicting her mutation on men the world over.

If reading this post horrified, imagine watching it. On second thought, don't. It's not worth your time.
This space for rent
RedBlitz

ShadowCell wrote:In MST3K-free movies, there was Ghost Rider. I'm totally unfamiliar with the comics, but the movie was kind of anticlimactic, since Blackheart's minions were all pretty easily dispatched, and Blackheart himself didn't put up a very impressive fight either.
Yeah that's my only real problem with the film, the acting wasent that bad. Cage did a solid job and Eva well... has anyone ever hired her for something other then her looks? Yeah dont think so....

If the Villains had been better or at least put up a fight, I mean that one guy who was probaly going to represent the Earth Elemental got killed as soon as he made an appearance!! And Blackheart was just a big REMOVED... even after absorbing all those souls, GR killed him with a super shotgun in like 5 seconds.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei