What's Your Latest Movie?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
artmaster079

The latest movies for me were:

"The Eye" - two words: Jessica Alba.

Then the very next day I saw "Strange Wilderness"... its so random...and i'll never look at Thanksgiving Day the same way again lol. Oh, and that Ashley Scott chick was pretty hot too.

The latest DVDs (Christmas Gifts):

"Superman: Doomsday" - okay, but the character designs bothered me a bit. Though it was a pretty good adaption considering the length of the Death and Rebirth of Superman comic series.

TMNT - absolutely loved it. Reminded me o the good ol days of being a 4 year old.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

It's a Taiwan love story call 'Secret'. The main actor and director was Jay Chou. He played Takumi Fujiwara in Initial D.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Transformers: The Movie(The G1 movie) thought I'd buy it to replace the VHS one that I got kickin around...and I got it for 15 bucks due to employee discount. :P
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Mendou

Me Beautifull Girl Mari(DVD)

Visually stunning but the plot lacked any real direction.
South Burning

The last non-anime DVD I purchased was Dragon Wars, and I mention it because it was such a great treat when I went to see it at the flicks. My wife and I go to a movie every weekend and that particular weekend there was nothing new on that we had heard about, so we went to see Dragon Wars just because it was about dragons and Sallie is a dragon fancier. Well, the special effects were absolutely great. Besides the dragons themselves, there were hosts of other creatures and armies of conventional Earth forces. As this was a week or 2 after Transformers, I have to make the comparison that the affects in D Wars were equal to, if not better than, T'formers. And when I saw that it was a Korean flick, I immediately went home and watched The Host, another Korean project, on In Demand. The monster in The Host was, I thought, equally good but the plot was lacking. It seems that sci-fi movie-makers in Korea are going to be top contenders and I like it! There can never be too much good sci-fi out there.
UrbanSniper

Last movie I watched was the new Rambo. I was pretty impressed with it, just for the shear amount of violence. Haven't seen stuff that good since the 80s, lol. Yay for violence! (plus, the sniper lives, which is rather unusual in and of itself).

Last movie I purchased was Saw IV. I honestly didn't know how they were going to pull it off, but I have to say that they did it in a satisfactory way. I was far from disappointed, and what a pleasant surprise that was. Now if they make a part 5...they've got their work cut out for them.

Last movie Purchased-Appleseed 2004(the CGI film) they showed it on TV a few weeks ago, and I decided to watch a bit of it, I enjoyed it so I decided to buy it on DVD.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Chris
Administrator

UrbanSniper wrote:Last movie I purchased was Saw IV. I honestly didn't know how they were going to pull it off, but I have to say that they did it in a satisfactory way. I was far from disappointed, and what a pleasant surprise that was. Now if they make a part 5...they've got their work cut out for them.
Pun intended on "work cut out for them"? Anyway, there's going to be a part 5 AND 6, at least for now. Talk about running something into the ground. I haven't seen Saw IV, but I think this is a series that didn't need to exist. The original was a great movie and didn't need any of the sequels that it has received so far. It should've been left as-is.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Folken Fanel

I purchased Char's Counterattack last Saturday at a local mall, and I'm pleased to say that it does my memory justice. The last time I saw it was on some random website with crappy video quality, and it's nice to finally have the masterpiece among my collection. Next target: the Zeta Gundam boxsets.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Antares

Watched Die Hard 4, finally. It didn't really have that Die Hard -feel to it as such, but it was a good action movie, although the fighter vs. truck thing was a bit stupid. But it was entertaining enough, although could've been shorter.

Also, I checked out Hitman while I was at it. If I didn't know the game, I might've seen an average action-movie. But being a fan of the games, I was somewhat... disagreeing with the interpretation the movie put out there for assassinating. Or a silent killer. 47 talked like a chatterbox and picked up what I could only describe as emotional baggage he apparently deep down wished for, and then proceeds to shoot anything and everyone. I preferred Shoot'em Up greatly to this, because that one at least goes so wildly overboard with violence that it is funny, e.g. the car-to-car crash was absolutely hilarious (none of my friends found my coined term 'carroted' funny at all. their loss, I say). Hitman was just midly entertaining. Okay, Hitman was worth a incredulous laugh too when 47 goes: "how 'bout we die with dignity" and all reach for some wakizashi-lookalikes they had stowed away somehow on their person to do some random knife-scenes. What it had to do with anything, let alone dignity, I'll never know. Chalked it up with one of the finest nonsensical action-scenes out there.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
UrbanSniper

Antares wrote: Also, I checked out Hitman while I was at it. If I didn't know the game, I might've seen an average action-movie. But being a fan of the games, I was somewhat... disagreeing with the interpretation the movie put out there for assassinating. Or a silent killer. 47 talked like a chatterbox and picked up what I could only describe as emotional baggage he apparently deep down wished for, and then proceeds to shoot anything and everyone. I preferred Shoot'em Up greatly to this, because that one at least goes so wildly overboard with violence that it is funny, e.g. the car-to-car crash was absolutely hilarious (none of my friends found my coined term 'carroted' funny at all. their loss, I say). Hitman was just midly entertaining. Okay, Hitman was worth a incredulous laugh too when 47 goes: "how 'bout we die with dignity" and all reach for some wakizashi-lookalikes they had stowed away somehow on their person to do some random knife-scenes. What it had to do with anything, let alone dignity, I'll never know. Chalked it up with one of the finest nonsensical action-scenes out there.
Well, I'll have to agree on some points about the Hitman movie there; 47 was a lot different in this one. But there's also the fact that unlike the games, he wasn't a perfect clone (rather a normal human trained from a young age), and was presented as being younger than in the games. It could possibly be viewed as something of a prequel story, though that's just one interpretation.

And I have total agreement on Shoot'em Up! Much better than Hitman, and just plain awesome! I can't remember the last time I watched a movie twice in one day before this one. In fact, I think I might be watching it again today...
wing zero alpha

Antares wrote:Watched Die Hard 4, finally. It didn't really have that Die Hard -feel to it as such, but it was a good action movie, although the fighter vs. truck thing was a bit stupid. But it was entertaining enough, although could've been shorter.
On the other hand, it was nice to see a F-35 Lightning II in action, even if the pilot is the biggest idiot in the universe. How hard can it be to blow up a semi?
Antares

wza said:
...it was nice to see a F-35 Lightning II in action, even if the pilot is the biggest idiot in the universe. How hard can it be to blow up a semi?
Apparently, very. :D Surgical strikes my butt, wasting two missiles. :P But maybe the supertruck(tm) had all kinds of ECM on it or something. At least the scene where it used the machine cannons to rip the truck to shreds was cool though, even if I can't fathom how it kept on moving.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
J-Lead

Just saw Oldboy, and...erm...:shock:
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Cardi Doorl

I loved Old Boy!
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Aegis

I had issues with Superman having wrinkles on his face, Lois sounding like a granny, and the less than stellar effort on Jimmy Olson's issues over Superman's 'death' (albeit understandable given the length of the film), I did enjoy watching Superman: Doomsday overall. Still had multiple Supermen, but now it comes across as a little more plausible and less gimmicky. Doomsday was a beast, Lex is insane, and the Superman clone is funny and scary at the same time.

Just finished watching Appleseed, loved all the action sceens they threw in and I liked how they balanced out the mech, and the on foot battles. Quite frankly, I prefered the on foot battles myself.

mcred23

Last Movie Seen: This Is Spinal Tap, it literally just ended as I typed this post. Funny as it always is.

Last Movie Purchased: Picked up a two-disc DVD of Platoon at BestBuy since it was on sale for cheap (I think it was like fifteen or twenty dollars). Bunch of special features and a few deleted sceens which were very interesting (And in one case, confusing) to say the least.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Latest DVD purchased: Vexille, I've been looking forward to seeing this for awhile now

Cardi Doorl

Purchased Strange Circus last week and watched it recently. If you're rendered speechless by Old Boy, then don't even bother with Strange Circus. It's twisted enough to make Old Boy look like a family movie.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!