What's Your Latest Movie?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
ZeonfromHell

I just picked up a classic piece of film, and one of Alec Guiness's greatest starring roles: A Bridge on the River Kwai.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
His Divine Shadow

Elizabeth: The Golden Age: a decent movie if one ignores the several glaring historical inaccuracies, most of which center around Walter Raleigh. Still, the imagery alone is just as potent as it was for Elizabeth.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
J-Lead

Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World. It's a great film and all, but I was going into it hoping for a better insight into international humor. Turns out that it focuses more on Albert Brook's difficulties at trying to make them laugh, as well as a plethora of obligatory outsourcing jokes. It was a very interesting film, but wasn't what I was expecting.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
NastyNate

Just heard about forbidden kingdom in theatres april 14.

It Has....Jackie Chan....and....Jet Li :D
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

I would recommend avoiding the movie Never Back Down. It's basically Karate Kid for the You Tube generation, exchanging the characters of Daniel and Mr. Miyagi (Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita) with Jake (a no-name Ben Affleck look-alike) and Mr. Jean (Djimon Honsou). The plot is also almost identical to both Karate Kid and Fight Club.

If you need further convincing, RottenTomatoes.com pretty much panned it at 22%. My favorite three quotes about the movie are as follows:

"Never see movies that give stupid macho advice in their taglines."
"... spouts a hollow message of nonviolence while celebrating the brutal satisfaction of beating the shit out of someone."
"In the future, movies this derivative will be made by robots."
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
His Divine Shadow

Doomsday is pure fun. Think Mad Max meets Escape From New York. It's one I'll be owning on DVD.
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
chainsandguns

I can't wait to see doomsday, that and payday. lol :wink:
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @EdTheCrimson
Dropping The X
Aegis

Finally saw another movie and anime in Appleseed Ex Machina. Huge improvement over the last Appleseed movie, complete with over-the-top John Woo moves, and an actual storyline that isn't so break-neck as the first one. :P
Dendrobium Stamen

The last film I watched (on DVD) was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. If you haven't seen it, you're really, really missing out. I'm not kidding, this film is brilliant, with amazing performances from Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. combining with amazing dialogue and direction from Shane Black to make it very funny (in a dark way) but also very intelligent.

Watch it, then watch it again to notice all the things you didn't pick up on first time round :P
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Zeonic Glory

I just bought the Virdian Collection version of Blue Gender, which includes the movie. I'll watch the movie after I start and finish the series.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
MrMarch

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:The last film I watched (on DVD) was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. If you haven't seen it, you're really, really missing out. I'm not kidding, this film is brilliant, with amazing performances from Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. combining with amazing dialogue and direction from Shane Black to make it very funny (in a dark way) but also very intelligent.

Watch it, then watch it again to notice all the things you didn't pick up on first time round :P
I really have to give this film a try. I've been meaning to watch it for a while. The reviews for it were great and word of mouth was even better. Must remember to rent :)
CHASER

My latest movies;
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

I was actually surprised at how different they were from the S.A.C. series, especially the first movie and the Major's old look.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Just watched "No country for old men", the other day. Man, talk about overrated. The villian was alright, but the rest of the movie, ick.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Blue 55

Just saw I am Legend and its different alright in a good way. a must see.
"Dear humanity we regret being alien bastards, we regret comming to earth, and me most certainly regret the corps just blowing up our raggedy azz fleet"
---
Adrune

"Meet the Spartans"

Xerxes's dark warriors just got served! :P
"Murderer? ..no.. I prefer Mortality technician" - Vlad
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny

"Find a tactic to kill him in a non lethal way" - Kira Yamato
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny
RedBlitz

That movie just looks so stupid, but im probaly going to see it because Carmen Electra is in it!! 8)
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Lans

Re-watching Inconvenience Truth and thinking about the global warming issues. 8)
Draco Starcloud

Just saw "Horton Hears a Who" last night. If you've read the book, you know what happens. Has one really good, unexpected, wacky scene that will either make you laugh 'cause you get the joke or you'll be like my mother and ask "Is that Pokemon?"
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
goufx

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counter Attack

great movie.

rating- 9.25/10
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Finally got around to buying Family Guy: Blue Harvest, I also I got Appleseed EX Machina, and Kamen Rider The First.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2