Transformers 2 (release on June 2009)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Ascension

Please Bay, for the love of all that is holy keep Headmasters out of the movies... please...

Worst. Concept. Ever.

"We're being oppressed by those other giant transforming robots, so the only way we're going to trust you guys who showed up to liberate us is if you rip off your heads as a gesture of good will."

"How are we supposed to keep liberating you if we're running around without heads?"

"Umm... we'll fuse with you?"

"Whaaa?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Gadget

"For this, I'll give you my head"...Fortress Maximus. Leader of the pre-headmasters.

By the time we have all the xxx masters, (Targetmasters, Headmasters, Motormasters), I got lost and lost interest. Instead of remembering the specs of one transformer, now I got two person to remember.

But I would like to see some of Cybertron landscape. And of course, Shockwave and (iPod) Soundwave.
razgriz

here's hoping for a few more of the aerial decepticons to appear alongside the surviving starscream i.e. thundercracker, skywarp, etc.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Newtype87

Gadget wrote:But I would like to see some of Cybertron landscape. And of course, Shockwave and (iPod) Soundwave.
*while Visions of the Scary Movie 4 TriPod dance through their heads*

Cool. I always knew that Steve Jobs was out to take over the world. Oh, I can totally see him reviving Megatron with Apple technology. And then Bill Gates steps up to upgrade the Autobots… on second thought, I'm going back to fantasizing about Scary Movie 4.

"Karma karma karma karma chameleon…"
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
OpMegs

SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Newtype87

It may be because I just woke up, but which man? Michael Bay?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Ascension

I agree with "Hewpot"'s comment on the article in that link you gave. I don't read any "leaked" scripts anyway, but this sounds to me more like a smokescreen to cover an actual leak than a precautionary method against leakage. Why go to all the trouble unless you're already threatened?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Meh, I generally ignored the comments on that page OpMegs linked. Too many annoying complaints from whiners about how the movie wasn't focused on the Autobots and how they think Bay sucks.
OpMegs

Ascension wrote:I agree with "Hewpot"'s comment on the article in that link you gave. I don't read any "leaked" scripts anyway, but this sounds to me more like a smokescreen to cover an actual leak than a precautionary method against leakage. Why go to all the trouble unless you're already threatened?
Possibly because the general script to TF1 *was* leaked during production, along with a bunkload of other stuff. Admittedly, I only know this as someone who was following the production from start to finish in-depth, so maybe it wasn't as widespread as I assumed.

And yes, the comments below that were pretty much total bull. I only posted the Rotten Tomatoes link because it was the original source. :P
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Recon 5

Well, I'd like to see the aircraft carrier that Bay has been on about- not the original whatsisname (I'd like to see how an aircraft can become a carrier- or even worse a transformer smaller than Prime- without some of the serious 4D mass- shifting that seems to be the bane of Bay's transformer fanhood)- but maybe Fort Max as a carrier. That would be cool.
Ascension

I did see the flame-encrusted Optimus truck well ahead of the official release... and I scoffed at it as completely impossible, seeing as how not only did it look nothing like him, it was far too gaudy.

Oh well, look where that got me.

There were dozens of vehicle mode Optimuses being posted then, and the one I thought least likely to be an actual spoiler was... well... an actual spoiler. I guess that's what they're trying to do this time, only on a much larger scale. Flood the net so much that if actual stuff is spoiled, it'll look no more or less valid than anything else.

The question is, though... if they "leak" a bunch of scripts that are basically a load of crap, will that negatively impact people's opinions of the film prior to release? That'd be exactly the opposite response from what they want.

The only way to make sure that no one says "Man, that leaked script is terrible, I'm not gonna go see that load of garbage movie!" would be to make sure that all the leaked scripts are shoot-worthy, but that'd be way too much money spent for nothing.
Charismatic Enigma

I've heard that:
1) THe Dinobots will be brought in
2) THe Constructicons will appear (though I prefer the Stunticons)
3) Soundwave, Ravage, and Laserbeak will among the Decepticons
4) Other Autobots such as Wheeljack, Prowl, and possible Arcee will join those already on Earth
5) Jazz will somehow be brought back to live (something dealing with the last fragment of the All Spark)
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
codename:v

I don't think the Dinobots would likely to make appearances in the sequel because a dinosaur for an alt-mode is just plain stupid. Instead of hearing from DeSanto and Murphy, I think I prefer to hear it from the producers-Bay and Spielberg themselves.
Aegis

Personally, I have nothing against seeing a Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy/Scourge make an appearance. I also have nothing against the humans playing an important role in the movie, nor do I have anything against them actually doing damage. I just want some of the action to actually make some lick of sense, and not have them rampaging in the middle of civilization, complete with patriotism, because someone felt that 'sneaking' an all important item would somehow allow them to hide he thing better. :P

And I really would NOT want to see Sam as a headmaster. I'm cool with Sam, but considering the amount of whining he does, I don't want to see another Arcee and Daniel in stereo.
codename:v

It's our world these nunchunks are bashing in, of course it's either their asses or ours. I don't think there would be a headmaster theme as it would be distorting from the main theme "Their Wars Our World".
I would like to see WheelJack in the sequel as he may got some brainy ideas for new contraptions.
Nightwing03

IIRC Wheeljack was the one who created the Dinobots in G1, so maybe he'll be the one creating them in the movie.
♣♦♠♥
Gadget

I would like to see how did Orion Pax become Optimus Prime. And maybe introducing Alpha Trion or Vector Sigma.

And as for Sam becoming Fort Max headmaster, I hate to see a 500ft robot whine.
Nightwing03

Gadget wrote:I would like to see how did Orion Pax become Optimus Prime.
Well, you'd ewither need a flashback, time travel or a prequel to the transformers showing how they came to be and how the war started etc.
♣♦♠♥
Gadget

There is already an official prequal. It's manily how the transformer like Starscream came to Earth.

Flashback will do. It's just shamless excuse to have more CGI effects. As long as it doesn't become the main story line or takes up 1/4 of screening time, like certain amine that we know off. :wink:
Gadget

There is already an official prequal. It's mainly how the transformer like Starscream came to Earth.

Flashback will do. It's just shamless excuse to have more CGI effects. As long as it doesn't become the main story line or takes up 1/4 of screening time, like certain amine that we know off. :wink: