Iron Man

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
swordoath

I had heard a long while back that the main villain was going to be the Mandarin, but that was early in the movie's production and they may have gone in a different direction.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
wing zero alpha

After keeping up with the recent comics and Marvel's Civil War storyline, it's nice to look at the days before Stark became a PC super hero. I'm looking forward to this too, although my views are pretty much what ZeonfromHell's are, this could go either way.

Personally liked how Ozzy's "Iron Man" was thrown in. :P
OpMegs

Nimrod wrote:Anyone heard who foe or foes will be in this?

I'm asking because taking another kook at the trailer it appears that the Iron Monger is going to face off against him.
Iron Monger is indeed confirmed as the principal villain of the movie. According to interviews, they planned on Mandarin originally, but decided otherwise. Mandarin is still involved in the plot, but much more indirectly, apparently. I suspect setup for 2 off the bat.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

WOW!!
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
Nimrod

OpMegs wrote:
Nimrod wrote:Anyone heard who foe or foes will be in this?

I'm asking because taking another kook at the trailer it appears that the Iron Monger is going to face off against him.
Iron Monger is indeed confirmed as the principal villain of the movie. According to interviews, they planned on Mandarin originally, but decided otherwise. Mandarin is still involved in the plot, but much more indirectly, apparently. I suspect setup for 2 off the bat.
Thank you. I'm happy that my eyes were not deceiving me when watching that trailer and see a glimpse of it.

It would make sense for Mandarin only having a cameo and being the force behind Obadiah Stane(if he is even in the flick) and thus makes an appearance in the sequel after Iron Man takes down the Monger.
Dendrobium Stamen

Something that just caught my eye on the IMDB page ... the casting of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD, in this film.

Can anyone give me a "frak yeah!" in the house?
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Gadget

Yes, you eye did not play trick. In Marvel's 'Ultimate Series' Nick Furry is an African American general. And for once, I kinda agree with Wiki.

From Wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury
Ultimate Fury is black, and was in fact specifically tailored after actor Samuel L. Jackson with his permission.[1] While his eyepatch is generally worn over his left eye (consistent with his mainstream Marvel counterpart), it has occasionally switched to his right in some comics.

I heard rumers that his wife bought a portriate of the Ultimate Furry as a gift to Samuel L. Jackson.

Intersting fact of Nick Furry. He lost his eye when his convoy was ambush during the first Gulf war. His team was transporting 'Weapon X'. Weapon X escape during the attack, and turn on the attackers, and save Lieteniant Furry. Weapon X was shot in the head after he took Furry back to base. I really like to see all the Marvel franchise like up, maybe except Fantastic Four.
Blade of the Red Comet

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:Something that just caught my eye on the IMDB page ... the casting of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD, in this film.

Can anyone give me a "frak yeah!" in the house?
Wow...Frak yeah! Just saw him in Afro Samurai = AWESOME!
razgriz

man that trailer is sweet, like transformers sweet :D i love that audi r8 he is driving in the beginning and the f-22 chase sequence ah se magnifique 8) i just hope that if and when we see war machine he is a little more than just a palette swapped iron man in the live action version
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ZeonfromHell

You know, while on the topic of Marvel, if you go to the Internet Movie Databaseand look under Stan Lee, you'll see there are a few movies for the next two years, such as Spiderman 4 (directed by Sam Raimi again! YES!), Thor, Nick Fury, and of course we all know about Silver Surfer and Wolverine. I tell you what, age has not slowed down Stan The Man Lee, he's been a very busy man.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Recon 5

[quote=]"Nick Furry is an African American general. [/quote]
- from Gadget's post.

Nick is NOT Furry. Its FURY.

You used the first spelling THREE times in your last paragraph. Was there a point to that?

I'm not trying to nitpick. It just seems to me like you're trying to make some obscure joke and I want to be clear on what it is so that I can laugh too. No offense.
Saikuba

Recon 5 wrote: Nick is NOT Furry. Its FURY.

You used the first spelling THREE times in your last paragraph. Was there a point to that?

I'm not trying to nitpick. It just seems to me like you're trying to make some obscure joke and I want to be clear on what it is so that I can laugh too. No offense.
Nick Furry would be in the Iron Mouse movie. (check the two out with Spider-Ham, Captain Americat and Doc Clamson at the end.)

Yes this is real Marvel stuff. I remember seeing these on the lists of comics and thinking maybe I should pick up a couple because what the hell right?, but I never got around to it.

...I wonder when they will run through all of their other properties and have to make these into movies.
Bremics

Saikuba wrote:
Recon 5 wrote: Nick is NOT Furry. Its FURY.

Nick Furry would be in the Iron Mouse movie. (check the two out with Spider-Ham, Captain Americat and Doc Clamson at the end.)

Yes this is real Marvel stuff. I remember seeing these on the lists of comics and thinking maybe I should pick up a couple because what the hell right?, but I never got around to it.

...I wonder when they will run through all of their other properties and have to make these into movies.
I could see a few straight-to-video/DVD CGI films coming from that... maybe a cartoon series...
Pray she never meets Athrun.
Recon 5

Oops. My bad. I know Spider- Ham, but I wasn't aware that there were others.
Gadget

Sorry. Not to insult one of the Baddest SOB in Marvel comic. He screwed everyone including the president of United States in the Secret War story.
kfrooster

Nick Fury? I could care less if he screwed with Foreign Policy but what Nick Fury did during the Secret War arc was definitely for the best. The president wasn't going to act on any of the information they found so he decided to take matters into his own hands and destroy what may have been a huge threat to the United States.
SNT1 wrote:<Haro> We are Haro. We are legion, for we are many.
Gadget

Nick Fury works for the UN. He represent the UN armed forces when F4 took over Latvia. His action is one of the factors that trigger off the Superhuman act. It's not the main reason, but it does add to the decision for the act to be passed.

Anyway, I don't forsee any Civil War Iron Man any time. Hollywood have to do Captain America and Avengers first.

As this is the first production under Marvel, I hope they still retain creative control and pull another hit.
Jack

New high res shots:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/02/03/new ... #more-7686

New Superbowl half-time ad:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

May can't come quick enough. I know it's only like three months away, but I want it now!
SNT1

The way he just walked off after shooting the tank was beast, even though the graphics looked kinda cheesy.

May? Same month as The Dark Knight...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Darth Optimus

SNT1 wrote:The way he just walked off after shooting the tank was beast, even though the graphics looked kinda cheesy.

May? Same month as The Dark Knight...
I plan on seeing both flicks.
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"