Iron Man

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
teslashark

Post by teslashark » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:48 am

Gadget wrote:Ironman prototype looks like Ned Kelly, that famous Aussie outlaw who put on stove pipes.

Hope they don't screw uplike they did to Zathura. Both directed by Jon Favreau.
:D :P :)like Ned Kelly...yeah...they both looks like some protype MS :!:
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com

Volnixshin

Post by Volnixshin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:24 am

I swear to Galactus, that grey pic of Iron Man just screams War Machine early type to me. and yes they even confirmed that Rhodes would become WM in the next movie or so! Yayyyyy!

Now if only he could face off against Beetle...that would be sweet. Like...Ultimate Beetle....
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."

Ascension

Post by Ascension » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:06 am

Between the apparent use of the gauntlets as some sort of boosters in the earlier trailer where he's flying with the F-22s and the way he launches a wrist rocket at the tank in the new trailer, I can't but wonder if he won't have repulsor rays yet in the movie... It would be strange, in the least, to see him without his primary weapons, but I suppose it would give it a bit of a more "realistic" feel...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

Recon 5

Post by Recon 5 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:15 am

The gauntlet weapons are 'repulsors', so I wouldn't be surprised if they are shown to 'repulse' him through the air. I prefer the comic book flight poses, though. This one just doesn't look as macho for some reason.

'Realistic'? The chest Unibeam was already unrealistic enough, so they would have removed that if they wanted more realism. Iron Man with conventional weapons, anyone?

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

Post by crashlegacy14 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:23 pm

with all those moving parts on the armor I sonder if he has an control surfaces for use when flying.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.

Bright Noa

Post by Bright Noa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:56 am

New trailer:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6867

This is looking to be awesome. Very awesome.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"

SNT1

Post by SNT1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:58 am

Oh man, close match for The Dark Knight. Since Iron Man has more trailers, it's ahead of my list right now.

Stark has awesome one-liners, too.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

yukikaze

Post by yukikaze » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 am

Bright Noa wrote:New trailer:

mmm they showed a shorter version of this during lost yesterday. this is looking REALLY good. definitly going on my list.
Still waiting on that MG V2 Bandai...

Bright Noa

Post by Bright Noa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:28 pm

SNT1 wrote:Stark has awesome one-liners, too.
"Lets face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
:lol:
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"

Blade of the Red Comet

Post by Blade of the Red Comet » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:35 pm

^^LOL, "My God, you're a woman!" I love the scene where he brake checks the F-22's. Those flaps that pop up on his back are sweet. Is the leader of those terrorists supposed to be The Mandarin?! I saw him playing with a ring. Then again he could be Temugin too....

MrMarch

Post by MrMarch » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Bright Noa wrote:New trailer:

It's looks so money :) :P

Jack

Post by Jack » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Blade of the Red Comet wrote:^^LOL, "My God, you're a woman!" I love the scene where he brake checks the F-22's. Those flaps that pop up on his back are sweet. Is the leader of those terrorists supposed to be The Mandarin?! I saw him playing with a ring. Then again he could be Temugin too....
I remember reading that Favreau said the Mandarin is an enemy in this, but his presence isn't directly felt - he's more like Sauron in the first Lord of the Rings film.

Alastor

Post by Alastor » Thu May 01, 2008 6:59 am

Um, so, anybody else seen this film already? It got an early release here in the Philippines (watched it on its first day here last night, actually).

Pretty damn funny and awesome at the same time; plus, the mecha nut in me is immensely pleased with the gorgeous and painstaking detail accorded to the Mark III (especially that AI-controlled-robot-arm-assisted suit-up scene). And I can't put it any other way: Downey as the wry yet conflicted Stark is perfect, a true gem of a casting choice.
"I am Justice."

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Thu May 01, 2008 10:23 am

SNT1 wrote:Oh man, close match for The Dark Knight. Since Iron Man has more trailers, it's ahead of my list right now.
Well, there's that and the fact that Iron Man comes out tomorrow, whereas Dark Knight won't be out until mid-July or so.
So I'll probably wind up seeing Iron Man first as well.
SNT1 wrote:Stark has awesome one-liners, too.
I'll say. Stark has AWESOME lines in this movie.
My personal favorite goes along the lines of:
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say...is it too much to ask for both?"

Guy demonstrates a new type of missile and toasts "to peace". Great stuff. And the "flight stabilizer" clip on the Y!Movies page is both awesome and hilarious.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

SNT1

Post by SNT1 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Well, there's that and the fact that Iron Man comes out tomorrow, whereas Dark Knight won't be out until mid-July or so.
So I'll probably wind up seeing Iron Man first as well.
Pushed back... I'm not surprised with the extreme lack of publicity....

Also, every single significant movie that I saw in the theaters in the Philippines when I went there last year always have an earlier release than here in North America. Talking about Pirates, Spider-Man, Die Hard, etc...

I've seen the early reviews for Iron Man, so far people are liking it.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

Antares

Post by Antares » Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Watched it today, to ward of demons (don't ask) on May Day. It was okay, although fairly lengthy. Downey was good as Stark in my opinion. The bad guy thing was all too obvious, as was the "I am a sympathetic supporting character, so I will die shortly" -typecast. I don't think that's a valid complaint though, given that this thing was written as a wet dream for mechanical engineers. It rivalled Transformers in the detail of mechanical gizmos going "klonk", "whirrr", "click" and so on. I watched it with two tech student friends, who sadly are into computer stuff. I comforted them by telling them they maybe could program the sarcastic A.I. instead. :D All in all, a pretty good summer movie.

My one minor gripe might be the usual stereotypical terrorist-types in the movie, who couldn't tell the difference between a battle-armor and a missile. They had the self-preservation instinct of your average roadkill.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.

Ascension

Post by Ascension » Thu May 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Antares wrote:My one minor gripe might be the usual stereotypical terrorist-types in the movie, who couldn't tell the difference between a battle-armor and a missile. They had the self-preservation instinct of your average roadkill.
For what it's worth that's been an element of IM's backstory from the first, it's just in the beginning it was stupid Vietcong and now it's stupid terrorists.

I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait. For those who have, are his signature beam weapons (repulsor rays, uni-beam) featured in the movie or not?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

Antares

Post by Antares » Thu May 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Ascension said:
For what it's worth that's been an element of IM's backstory from the first, it's just in the beginning it was stupid Vietcong and now it's stupid terrorists.

I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait. For those who have, are his signature beam weapons (repulsor rays, uni-beam) featured in the movie or not?
As I said, a minor gripe. It wasn't too far away from the film's general mood. :) And yeah, he had the repulsor beams, hands and chest. He didn't plan them as weapons, though, or so it seemed (they were the stabilizers for flight or somesuch).
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.

hellbore

Post by hellbore » Fri May 02, 2008 10:56 am

Saw the movie yesterday and was very impressed. Scratch that I was BLOWN AWAY! The comedic moments were really well integrated into the mostly serious story, and when Stark 'discovers' his repulsor weapons, classic.
Not having read any of the comics and only memories that a cartoon existed, I can't comment on characterisation, but I did like the way the actors.. well, acted.

Fav moments: First test of rocket boot thingies, and Starks attitude to the robot arm.

Brave Fencer Kirby

Post by Brave Fencer Kirby » Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm

I saw it yesterday -- I thought it had a bit of the same problem that Transformers did. That is, a bit too much backstory and not quite enough kicking ass. Not to say that there wasn't a lot of stuff blowing up toward the end, but it seems like they gave just enough screen time to show each of the suits' gimmicks once and then move on. Oh well; minor nitpick in an otherwise impressive movie.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!