Iron Man

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
User avatar
solid snake
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Audubon, PA
Contact:

Iron Man

Post by solid snake » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:54 am

A trailer was just released and can be viewed here. This movie looks awesome. Iron Man is one of my favorite characters and Robert Downey Jr. looks great in the role. I can't wait to see this film.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

User avatar
OpMegs
Posts: 703
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:23 am
Location: Wreaking evil, chibi doom

Post by OpMegs » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:59 am

Oh yeah...this movie is on my must see list.

I'm just totally geeking out over the fact that they put Iron Monger in there as the villian. He's totally an underappreciated villian, so seeing him there was total geek cred for the film. That, and Robert Downey Jr.'s performance is just lovely. "I don't want to see this on your MySpace page....no gang signs, please.....nah, throw em up. I was just kidding."
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)

User avatar
Ascension
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Post by Ascension » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:19 am

*Is huge Iron Man fan*

Okay, I was already totally psyched about this movie... I have been since it was announced... but that... that, my friends, is even more awesome than I imagined it could be.

Oh yeah... this is gonna be great.

I just wish the release date could be... tomorrow. Yeah, that's the only thing that could make this whole package sweeter.

On an odd note, it seems from the end of the trailer that his repulsor rays can also double as additional boosters for supersonic flight in this movie... Strange... I remember a few times when he's had backpack jetpacks to supplement the boot jets, but I don't ever remember seeing palm jets in the comics...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

User avatar
Nightwing03
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:14 am
Location: I'm to your left! No your other left!
Contact:

Post by Nightwing03 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:27 am

IRON MAN, MOVIE?! TOTALLY AWESOME!
I remember watching the series when i was little, i remebered he had different armors aswell.
I would totally laugh if they put in ironman from the mangaverse, which involved ironman piloting an Orchis.
Last edited by Nightwing03 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
♣♦♠♥

Gadget
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:13 am

Post by Gadget » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 am

Ironman prototype looks like Ned Kelly, that famous Aussie outlaw who put on stove pipes.

Hope they don't screw uplike they did to Zathura. Both directed by Jon Favreau.

User avatar
SNT1
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Post by SNT1 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:29 am

Thank God it ain't Tom Cruise as rumored a few years ago.

Sweet trailer... especially his flight in the end.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

Antares
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:44 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by Antares » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:36 am

Visually very effective, but I think I've had my fill of comic heroes on the silverscreen for a while. Can't bring myself to get excited about this one quite that much.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.

EZero8
Moderator
Posts: 2146
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:42 am

Post by EZero8 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 am

Well, Iron Man is Iron Man. I'm looking forward to it even with the various super hero movies coming out in large numbers. Seeing that this is the beginning through... I hope we get to see War Machine sometime soon too. :twisted:
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"

User avatar
Nimrod
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nimrod » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:11 am

SNT1 wrote:Thank God it ain't Tom Cruise as rumored a few years ago.

Sweet trailer... especially his flight in the end.
Indeed. I think the movie would truly suck if Cruise was involved.

It's looks good and I hope people will go out to see it. As an Iron Man fan my thoughts have gone from "we'll see" to "looks watchable".

User avatar
Blade of the Red Comet
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Enslaving the townsfolk of Big Town

Post by Blade of the Red Comet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:39 am

SNT1 wrote:Thank God it ain't Tom Cruise as rumored a few years ago.

Sweet trailer... especially his flight in the end.
I especially liked how the panels on his back act as manuvering flaps...way cool. Also, Robert Downy is pretty funny with his almost pompous, arrogant attitude at the beginning of the trailor...perfect for the playboy Tony Stark. I think this movie'll be awesome.

User avatar
Dendrobium Stamen
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: Armoury One, L4.
Contact:

Post by Dendrobium Stamen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:09 pm

I'm not familiar with the comics, but ... the film looks pretty amazing.

As a big fan of Robert Downey Jr., can't wait to see this. He plays the role of Stark pretty well, looking at the trailer, it's one he seems to be able to pull off effortlessly. Also, it looks rather like the movement of his original Iron Man was somewhat inspired by the semi-throwaway character Protocop from one of Downey's previous films, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which is also an awesome film). Roll on May 2nd!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.

User avatar
ZeonfromHell
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:25 am
Location: University of Northern Iowa.
Contact:

Post by ZeonfromHell » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Well I will say I'm looking forward to this film, as I have for all Marvel films. But as we all know, this can go either way. It could be like Spiderman 1 and 2, X-men 1 and 2, and Blade. However, it can also be like Hulk or Elektra (shivers in disgust). Either way I will see it though. I hope they show Stark's dealings with alcoholism. That would really assist in character development and make it more true to the comic. Unfortuantely I can't download Quicktime on this computer :(.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.

User avatar
Blade of the Red Comet
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Enslaving the townsfolk of Big Town

Post by Blade of the Red Comet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:59 pm

ZeonfromHell wrote:I hope they show Stark's dealings with alcoholism. That would really assist in character development and make it more true to the comic. Unfortuantely I can't download Quicktime on this computer :(.
Another reason why Downy Jr. is perfect for this role, lol... :lol:

User avatar
Ascension
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Post by Ascension » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:10 pm

They actually mentioned in their announcement of the decision that one of the reasons they cast Downey was because of his history of alcoholism. That, in addition to the fact we see him lifting a glass early in the trailer, says to me that it's a sure bet that something dealing with the issue will be included in the film.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

User avatar
swordoath
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by swordoath » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 pm

If this goes for a three-off like Spiderman, X-Men and Blade, I'm betting I can figure out the plotline.

Movie 1: Introduction of Jim Rhodes

Movie 2: Stark's alcoholism takes over, Rhodes becomes Iron Man

Movie 3: Stark recovers, Stark and Rhodes fight over Iron Man identity, Rhodes becomes War Machine, big team-up finale.

In any event, I'm impressed at what I've seen and am looking forward to this. It has severe potential to be awesome.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!

Antares
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:44 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by Antares » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 am

Ascension said:
They actually mentioned in their announcement of the decision that one of the reasons they cast Downey was because of his history of alcoholism. That, in addition to the fact we see him lifting a glass early in the trailer, says to me that it's a sure bet that something dealing with the issue will be included in the film.
IMDB said:
Will this movie mention Tony Stark's alcohol issues?

Jon Favreau stated that this movie will not mention it but it may come up in sequels if made.
Maybe they will just give hints. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.

User avatar
Ascension
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Post by Ascension » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:49 am

FAVREAU!!! You have betrayed me! I don't get to see a drunken rant at the UN?!?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

User avatar
MrMarch
Posts: 1110
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:58 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post by MrMarch » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:16 pm

I like the casting, I like the suit and I like Favreau. I particularly like the choice of Downey as Stark. Downey is a fine actor and he looks perfect in the role. I hope this movie turns out to be good because I think it looks promising.

Charismatic Enigma
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Somewhere in Kansas

Post by Charismatic Enigma » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:29 pm

I remmber hearing about this idea since the release of the first Spider-Man movie a few years back. 8) I only hope it doesn't end up like Fantastic Four...
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.

User avatar
Nimrod
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nimrod » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 pm

Anyone heard who foe or foes will be in this?

I'm asking because taking another kook at the trailer it appears that the Iron Monger is going to face off against him.

Post Reply