NFL/NCAA Football

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Nightwing03

This was actually my first ever Super Ball game that i've ever watched, and it got me hooked on it. I actually think the pats were under alot of pressure to try and remain undefeated for the season. But The Giants won which is also pretty cool. But what's the point of the pat's coach running out on the field telling them to remain playing when there was only like 3 (or was in 2) seconds left? :shock:
♣♦♠♥
Darth Optimus

The Patriots played like crap. Belichick was outcoached. The defense couldn't come up big (they dropped three pickes on the final drive).

That's all there is to it (Yeah, I'm pretty mad about this).
^^^^^More Incoherent Ramblings^^^^^

"The truth is...I am Iron Man"
Random Zaku Pilot

Should have gambled on the Giants NYC we always comeback now watch the Yanks win and watch the Knicks still not win a game.....

This super bowl was a close one though I thought I was going to have a stroke from suspense I almost took out the $230 I was gambling and pay people there winnings to go home and sleep but then they made that comeback and those Pats fans got a pelvic thrust to the head........
Meh
Bright Noa

Nightwing03 wrote:But what's the point of the pat's coach running out on the field telling them to remain playing when there was only like 3 (or was in 2) seconds left? :shock:
Some NFL regulation calling for them to complete a play or something.
Of course, Belicheck simply walked off the field in shame right after he congratulated Tom Coughlin.

I'm no football fan, but the Giants did a good job. Although, now there will be comparisons between the brothers Manning.....I mean, look how long it took both of them to get their first Super Bowl ring. On top of the talk about the '72 Dolphins and stuff.

And of course, tomorrow will be the celebratory ticker-tape parade here in NYC. Thankfully, its all downtown so it won't bother me too much.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Quiddity

Congrats to the Giants, they completely outplayed the Pats in every way. They outcouched the Pats in every way. They outprepared the Pats in every way.

For the Pats, the blame comes down to the offensive line, which I always felt was somewhat over-rated. By far their worst game of the season, maybe the worst game of their career for some of those guys. And Belichick made a moronic decision by not going for a field goal on the Giants 32 in the third quarter.

Not the worst Boston sports loss in my history (I'd have to go to Grady Little blowing the 2003 ALCS, since at the time the Sox were 85 years from a championship, it was against our biggest rivals, and it was all due to a manager making arguably the stupidest decision in the team's history), but definately second for me, as one who was not born yet when Bucky Dent happened and was only 4 when the ball went through Buckner's legs.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Darth Optimus

Quiddity wrote: Not the worst Boston sports loss in my history (I'd have to go to Grady Little blowing the 2003 ALCS, since at the time the Sox were 85 years from a championship, it was against our biggest rivals, and it was all due to a manager making arguably the stupidest decision in the team's history), but definately second for me, as one who was not born yet when Bucky Dent happened and was only 4 when the ball went through Buckner's legs.
It's up there though. I still can't believe that they counldn't win. It seems like a dream (or nightmare). I mean I feel like I'm in physical pain right now. I'm sick to my stomach with the way they played.

Bright Noa

So now I hear that there is a petition started by Patriots fans to have the NFL review the last 1:40 because they feel something bad happened then.

Yeah, something bad did happen. THEY LOST. And fans are now engaging in a massive "BAAAAAAWWWW" session.

Ugh....someone tell these fans to be quiet. Like they don't have enough championships in Boston already. *points to the 3 previous Super Bowls and 11 NBA Championships*
Wedge14

Bright Noa wrote:So now I hear that there is a petition started by Patriots fans to have the NFL review the last 1:40 because they feel something bad happened then.

Yeah, something bad did happen. THEY LOST. And fans are now engaging in a massive "BAAAAAAWWWW" session.

Ugh....someone tell these fans to be quiet. Like they don't have enough championships in Boston already. *points to the 3 previous Super Bowls and 11 NBA Championships*
Urrrgh these silly bandwagoners just need to wipe away those tears and cut all the crap.

I have nothing against the patriots. But its all these stupid patriot bandwagoners and fans that made me wanna see them lose so badly.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

Was that the obvious facemask foul?

Yeah I see where they're coming from. But because Bellichick didn't challenge it, fair game.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
mcred23

They want the game to be reviewed because the ref's missed/messed up/whatever a call?

Okay, if I didn't hate Patriots fans before (And I did), I do now (Or again/moreso). This is beyond stupid. Football games always have bad calls and blown penalties, it's part of the game. It happens all the time, and if your team loses because of it or whatever, then too effin' bad.

I'll stop myself from ranting now. And to think my grerat hatred of New England was going away... :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
WhiteWingDemon

Anyone have a link to this so called petition or an AP article?
Bright Noa

mcred23 wrote:I'll stop myself from ranting now. And to think my grerat hatred of New England was going away... :roll:
I humbly apologize and will accept any punishment for resurrecting your hatred for the Patriots.

*prepares for whatever 'red has in mind*
SNT1

WhiteWingDemon wrote:Anyone have a link to this so called petition or an AP article?
I'd like to see the link too, just so I can see the poor 18-1 fans still not ready to accept :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Bright Noa

mcred23

Bright Noa wrote:I humbly apologize and will accept any punishment for resurrecting your hatred for the Patriots.

*prepares for whatever 'red has in mind*
Punishing you wouldn't help anything. Now, if I could get some of those Patriot fan in a room, and I had an M-14... :twisted:

Anyway, I had a rather large, rant-ish post halfway done, when, upon some searching, the answer for the clock being stopped was found on a few sites: an administrative time-out to measure the ball's spot, after which, the clock was restarted. Common sense really, particularly in sports today where game clocks are constantly stopped for things like that or for TV or whatever. Of course, common sense is probably something the people who started/signed that petition seriously lack.

And whether that's right or not, whether the clock should have kept going or not, what's done is done. The game is over, the Patriots lost, the Giants won. The Pats fans need to live with that or, to use a loverly internet meme, become an heros (Seriously, please do so! :twisted: ).

Whew! Alright, enough of my hatred of New England for one day. Now I'll once again try and forgive them...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wingnut

For the sake of 'what if' even if they do get this petition through and the league goes back and takes a look at it and finds that something went wrong, what are they expecting to have done about it? Go back to Arizona and play out the game again from that point or something?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
LaBambaMan

Bright Noa wrote:So now I hear that there is a petition started by Patriots fans to have the NFL review the last 1:40 because they feel something bad happened then.

Oh lord. Look, i'm a tried and true Boston sports fan, but even I think this is bull. We got outplayed, oh well. Look, there's plenty of bad calls made that game(the fumble in the 2nd being a good one to mention) but it's over. The game's done, the season's done, and the whole "perfect season" drama is done. Now, let's just get the friggin' baseball season started so I can watch my bloody RedSox play!

-Spencer
"Because frankly you're thinking entirely too hard about the physics behind giant flying robots." - Homeless
Fritz Ashlyn

Oh man, this 'throw the Pats under the bus' love-in is starting to get more annoying than the Boston fans who never really got on my nerves in the first place.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

Figured I'd bump the old thread since Darth Optimus' doesn't cover the NCAA.

I'm coming back like a tard once again with my misplaced hope in the Chargers.

SUPER BOWL PICK:

Chargers vs. Cowboys

Houston Texans record: 10-6, wildcard

NCAA Championship Pick:

USC vs. Oklahoma

Texas A&M Aggies record: 8-4 :/
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Darth Optimus

Brady's hurt. If anyone sees or hears of someone jumping off the Sagamore Bridge, you'll know it's me.

But Matt Cassel still played well.

Too bad it was against KC and the Patriots almost blew the game at the end.