Linkin Park fans

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Linkin Park Fan?

yes
59%
no
41%

Total votes: 32
assault gundam

Linkin Park fans

I would like to know how many people on this board like Linkin Park, What yhey like about them, and how they started to like them.

I really like Linkin Park. I have known about them since they came out.
I like their style of music, 'cause when you think about it, they have a lot of genres into one (called NuMetal). I first found about them through a freind. I didn't really listen to them, though, until I watched a gundam video with their song on it.

My favorite song by them is probably "From The Inside"
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
SNT1

I'm a fan (not fanboyish levels), and among the many who were at least somewhat disappointed that Minutes to Midnight didn't sound like LP at all (although the music is still good anyway, IMO. Just not LP)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
assault gundam

Yreah I noticed that to.... But yeah, it is still good. Hands Held High sounds like thier unrealsed song Step Up.
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
EZero8

I'm a fan of their older music from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I havent listened to any of their Minutes to Midnight songs though.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
assault gundam

Just to let you know before you buy the album, some of the new songs are slower than most. It is nopt like there older albums.
Nagi

I thought they were pretty cool when they came out, but after a while the angsty whining to a lot of their songs really began to grate on my nerves, and I kinda dropped out of considering myself a "fan" about halfway through the peak of Meteora's popularity. The music video for "Breaking the Habit" was what finally pushed me over the edge, with the unintentionally hilarious Japanese animated suicide and all.

I still listen to Hybrid Theory from time to time, though. Or at least parts of it.
assault gundam

If you don't like that part of them get minutes to midnite, most of them are different from the older ones like given up, in between, and shadows of the day.
Folken Fanel

I got into them through the video for Breaking the Habit and bought Meteora. I didn't really become a full on fan until a friend of mine asked me to sing Numb for a talent show, and I've listened to them ever since. Even if it doesn't sound like the Linkin Park I know, I still bought Minutes to Midnight the first day it came out and think it has some great music.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
solid snake

Yeah I'm a fan of them, but I didn't really like the rap stuff they did.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
assault gundam

So you like Chester? that's cool, 'cause at the beginning I didn'y like the rap as well. After a while I liked Mike's vocals. I guess he's why I like rap now...
Vash

I like them, but the only song I've heard from Minutes to Midnight is What I've Done, which I hated, and left me uninterested so far in the album.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
SNT1

Heh, then you're better off staying far away from MoM, as 60% of the songs there are softer than What I've Done.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Scyron

One of the original emo mainstream bands, that has now pretty turned to crap, or so all my friends tell me. I support them pretty much without question (fanboy possibly?) but I didn't like this most recent album much other than two or three songs.

I understand they are trying out new stuff but it seemed their first CD was where it was at, with a second album that was just remixes and mostly could be considered a cop out, but I really liked the song with the music video, that was epic battle of robots and crap. Third album was a refreshment new stuff meets the old sound. 4th album seems like a big cop out (by most fans?) it was pretty good though since I like Jay-z anyways. This last album though, just reminds me of trying to be more mainstream emo crap that I really hate.

I'll always support them no matter how much money they chase, after all from what I can gather 90% of humans would do the same, just most of them arn't in a position that would enable them to become wealthy like most musicians.
assault gundam

You can't really call reanimation one of there own CD's. That is my own oppinion though, for It isn't them who are doing the remixes, It's the DJs
Saosin

I saw the music video for One Step Closer in 7th grade, I've been hooked on their stuff ever since. My current favorite song by LP is Bleed It Out from Minutes to Midnight
Heecarl_Reez

well i'm also a fan of LP..
it's rather difficult to explain why i liked them,but perhaps i just like their angst lyrics,and musics..

My favourite song is:pappercut,Faint,in the end....
oh yeah never heard minutes to Midnight though.later maybe...
Toxicity

Linkin Park is a good rock band. I don't have any of their CDs or anything, but all my friends do, so I still hear a lot of it.

I like them because they're the only rock band I've ever heard put on at a school dance (which are mostly dominated by crap and other garbage). Also, on that same note: I hate reanimation. They took those good songs and ruined them.
assault gundam

I hear yah. The only song that was good (it actualy did better than its original) was pts.of.athrty, AKA points of authority
kfrooster

Stopped listening to them right after Meteora. I hated most of the stuff from Collision Course and I haven't heard anything from Minutes to Midnight.
SNT1 wrote:<Haro> We are Haro. We are legion, for we are many.
Saosin

Stopped listening to them right after Meteora. I hated most of the stuff from Collision Course and I haven't heard anything from Minutes to Midnight.
Minutes to Midnight is a little different from their previous albums, some of the songs are noticably politically conscious, like Hands Held High (still an awesome song, among my favorites from the album). The band kinda experiments with some slow songs too.

All in all my favorites from Minutes to Midnight:
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Hand Held High
In Pieces

I think critics gave the album a bad rap when it first released cuz it didn't immediately sound like Linkin Park's earlier stuff. Critics are assholes.[/quote]