What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Wild Wing

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

I'm sorry if this has already been done but I could not see it anywhere, anyway...

In The Moonlight - Kotani Kinya (Such a beautiful song...Shindou is a Legend)
See, Lunamaria? Stop the dillying, and the dallying will soon follow. It’s a good lesson for you to learn regarding children. It’ll be useful after the war when you and Shinn get married and adopt me.
swordoath

I've got random anime themes playing right now. I just hit Shinkon Gattai Godannar. Before that was the Segata Sanshiro song.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
Wingnut

Be advised. This thread is on extremely shaky ground. If you can make this more than just a favorites/list thread then it can stay. Otherwise, the hammer will fall and eliminate this thread.

You have the next 5 posts to prove the worth of this thread.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wild Wing

Ok new rule:

When you post your song you have to say something as to why you are or what you like about said song like there might be a reason why or something
See, Lunamaria? Stop the dillying, and the dallying will soon follow. It’s a good lesson for you to learn regarding children. It’ll be useful after the war when you and Shinn get married and adopt me.
Corrin

I'm listening to Ghost of the Navigator by Iron Maiden because it's a great song by my favorite band.
WhiteWingDemon

Rhythm Emotion. Its is a beautiful song.
Mwulf

I just got an FM tuner thingy... it's a screwy little device that plugs into a car's cigarette lighter for power, and into the headphone socket of an .mp3 player and broadcasts a short radio signal to the car's radio... so I can listen to my .mp3 player through the car's speakers. Pretty damn spiffy. I don't know how common knowledge of these things is... but I'd never heard of 'em 'till recently.

Took me 30 minutes to get it set up to a mostly clear, non-static setting, so the first thing I tried to play was a track I have of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (one of the BEST pieces of classical music out there). Unfortunately the track I have cuts off about halfway through... which is really irritating. It's almost impossible to find decent .mp3s of classical music online. :(

After that I played through some of my other classical stuff--mostly Rachmaninoff--followed up by some Japanese songs. I have a track called "Nihongyo Hime" which translates roughly to "doll princess" or something like that, and I really like it (it has some GREAT instrumental parts) but I have no idea who the artist or album is. The track ~said~ it was Ayumi Hamasaki, but it sure doesn't sound like her.

I also bought a Rachmaninoff CD on a bargain sale and Barnes & Noble. It has some really cool sounding original recordings--both of the man conducting, and with him as a pianist. It's pretty hard to find these, 'cause the guy died a half century ago. I dunno what the quality is, though, 'cause I haven't listened to them yet.

~__~

And this is a bit embarassing (but if I can't say it here, where can I?) but I also switched over to "Dashing Char" (the Red Comet theme from MSG) when I was going down the really big, fast road in town. I turned the volume up kinda loud and just floored it. :P
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
swordoath

I just randomly clicked over to Ozzy Osbourne's official site. Apparently I missed the release date of his new album, Black Rain. :? I did take the opportunity to play the new single in its entirety, since I'd only heard it over the radio previously and had missed parts of it every time. It's called "I Don't Wanna Stop" and it's got the classic Ozzy sound that I've been jonesing for since Down to Earth, the last album he put out that featured his own material.

I've been into Ozzy's music for the past few years and this latest album really refreshes my interest. The previous release -- Under Cover -- was good, but it seemed like a cop-out on his part since it was all cover songs. Hearing the new single really gets me, as Ozzy sings, "all fired up."

If there's anybody on the forum that's got the new album, what are your opinions? I'm going to buy it even if you say it's crap, but I'm still interested in your thoughts. :lol:
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
wraith1701

At this very moment, I'm not listening to any music; I'm listening to a podcast called Fast Karate For The Gentleman.

It's freakin' awesome! Each week (more or less), the two hosts talk about an anime series or video game. This may sound like a lame format to some, but trust me- it is funny stuff. The hosts play off of each other pretty well, creating a podcast that is both humorous and informative. I highly recommend checking it out. :)
ShadowCell

Jackson Browne - Culver Moon

Syncopation is awesome. Jackson Browne's voice is also awesome, and remains awesome to this day.

And it's about a small town, deep in LA, 'bout five miles north of where the Lakers play.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Round Zero-Brave Blade by Nansae Aikawa which is the opening for Kamen Rider Blade. Simply because its such a catchy song
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wedge14

Happy V-day - Reggie and the full effect.

I'm listening to this because the girl i like doesn't know my name, and my tear stained sweater is too tight, and cuz I'm into good jams.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Newtype87

Hard Rain (There Is No Rain That Doesn't Stop), Umeko's image song from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.

It's got a nice beat, and the moral of the song is quite beautiful. For those of you who aren't a sentai nut (like myself), Umeko is a young Esper who is able to read minds whenever she touches people (with her hands) and can also pick up emotional feelings and last thoughts from a person who once touched an item. The problem was that her powers developed when she was a child, and she slowly was ostracized by all of peers because of how wierd she was acting (I don't think she told them she was an Esper), and she was slipping into depression. When she learned that her best friend though she was a freak, she ran out into a storm and ran into an Alienzer (alien criminal) who killed people by looking into their eyes. Umeko kept her eyes closed and kept looking down, but seriously considered obeying his command to look into his eyes. Fortunately, before she was killed, she was rescued by Doggie Cruger, commander of Special Police Dekaranger (SPD), who helped her get over her depression and learn how to live a somewhat normal life as a police officer. So, the moral of the song is that no matter how horrible the present is, it won't stay that way forever.

And, yes, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger was adapted into Power Rangers SPD. I'm a Sentai nut, not a Rangers nut. The only show that's really still worth watching was Time Force (Mirai Sentai Timeranger).
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
EZero8

I'm listening to three good Rise Against songs: Survive, The Good Left Undone, and Ready to Fall. I like their "anti-emo" stance, bashing the emos and raising awareness to the troubles of the world today in their music videos.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The opening for Choju sentai Liveman. Like most of the Toku songs, it can get pretty addictive :P
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Newtype87

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:The opening for Choju sentai Liveman. Like most of the Toku songs, it can get pretty addictive :P
No argument here. I've got all thirty-one years worth of intros and endings for all of Sentai, plus most of the Kamen Rider ones. I've also got a few of the character songs (like Hard Rain:P) and some of the Robo songs (Unite Five Majin! Change into MagiKing!). Dekaranger's intro is one of my favorites, though Magiranger's and Megaranger's are close behind it.

Also, beside Toku music, I of course listen to Gundam (White Reflection from Endless Waltz is a good one, though I also like Meteor from SEED) and I've got a few musicals. "No Good Deed" from Wicked is always on my list of favorites that I keep grouped together: anyone who's heard this song probably knows why I like it.

And at the moment, I'm listening to the "Mad World" remix from Donnie Darko, which has recently become one of my favorites. I first heard it on an episode of CSI, and the words "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" just got stuck in my head. Took me a while to find it, but now it's just one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
assault gundam

I am listening to the band Linkin Park right know. They are my favorite band of all time, even though Minutes To Midnight doesn't sound like them...they're still good.
"The person who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"
Antares

I can give two tunes that have some use right now, although they're both a bit dated... I'm compiling 2-3 CDs to complement my selection since I have to help out a friend and spin a few discs with him a week from now.
To give a few examples, Darude's new-ish Tell Me is probably going to open the set, midway we get into Sander Van Doorn - Punk'd [Sean Tyas Remix] and end with Alex Gaudino's Destination Calabaria. The last vid is a bit racy so viewer discretion advised (that said everyone under 18 will go clickety-click-clik! :P ).

EDIT: Added youtube links for interest.

Mod Edit (EZ8): Links to the videos on youtube removed since they fall under the "illegal material" issue.
Last edited by Antares on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Wingnut

Lose the links. Those are full official videos and thus fall into the illegal media catagory.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Aegis

Was listening to 'Calling to the Night', just because I felt like something mellow as opposed to something loud. Before that, was listening to 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' that was NOT sung by Britney Spears. =3 That live acoustic version just doesn't stop amusing me...