What we've learned from watching/Reading Gundam

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Maniaxe

What we've learned from watching/Reading Gundam

Here's a question. What valuable lesson have you learned from watching Gundam anime, and reading Gundam novels/Manga? Here's a few from me.

If you eat Pocky, especially from a glass filled with some kind of exotic drink, you're a bottom-feeding, scum-sucking bastard. (Ex. see Chow Yun Fat, and Kenav Rukeeny)

If it's red, it's three times faster than normal, this is good for a mobile suit, not so good for a person's romantic life.

If you find yourself trapped in a battlezone, with shots firing overhead, and an Mobile Suit in front of you with an empty cockpit, RUN AWAY! Because the forces of fate are more than likely trying to drag you into a horrible destiny, that will leave you with horrible scars, and really ruin your plans for the weekend.
Camille Vidan

-The fans and the creators can't tell the difference between pink and red / blue and black
RedShirt0909

1. Teenagers with no piloting experience can defeat battle-hardened veterans

2. Top-secret military prototypes are incredibly easy to steal.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

1: Never mess with Bright
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
codename:v

1. Red and White are the most famous colors.

2. That it's alright to fall for younger mens, even to kill for it.

3. At Earth, we got Starbucks. At colonies, we got Luna coffee.

4. More and more naval captains adopt the 'Bright Slap'.

5. More and more people wear masks these days.

2: Your invincible if you have a large fan base following, or if you happen to be named Kira Yamato
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Zeonic Glory

Being a Newtype or other type of "special" person is always the latest trend.

If you have a freaky-phsycic power MS, you gain the abilities of extreme pwnage and your power level is >10000000000^10000^10

Emos and Angsties always win.

Old veterans will usually die.

War is hell and then some.

Loved ones are always the primary target.

(yay! 300 posts)
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
ORegan

Earth is the catcher's glove of the universe.

the hero will never ever die unless in a super cool way
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Dunpeal

1. Its a standard to paint space-fighting machines in stealthy colors like white and red. White is also very useful in places like jungle.
Hyakushiki

1.Your rank never reflects your level of responsibility.

2. Saving the world from itself is always a thankless job.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Akuma_Blade

1- Humanity will again his faults at the future.So at the present...

2- Humanity existence is naturally weak... So existence is depends ambition , betrayal , fear , prejudice to "others" and darkside's pains...

3- And for this reason therefore , humanity convict to chaos and wars.

1: your scrwed if you pilot a tank
2: your screwed if your in a leo
3: your scrwwed if your in a fighter jet of any kind
4: Your screwed if you pilot a mobeious Mobile Armor.

Anavel Gato

1. Minovski particles can do ANYTHING.

2. Minovski physics can explain EVERYTHING.

3. Gundam makes scientists cry.
The Big Zabowski

Anavel Gato wrote:1. Minovski particles can do ANYTHING.

2. Minovski physics can explain EVERYTHING.

3. Gundam makes scientists cry.
But, my good sir..can they walk the dog and make the perfect piece of toast...AT THE SAME INSTANT!?

What I have learned?

For UC: Just because you slap the Gundam nameplate on a MS DOES NOT MAKE IT THE BE ALL-END ALL WEAPON OF DOOM N' STUFF..and basically says

"Lookit me, I'll last for about a few months then go out in a blaze of glory, which is unlike anything realistic..but it's Gundam, so why do I have to be realistic?"

For AU series: Slapping Gundam on ANYTHING makes it invincible, unless the writers decide to drop the shields (read plot armor). Hell, even putting on a V-fin acts like a fricken plot chaff field.

Oh, and Space Warships have insta-hamburgers.. and sippy cups aren't for little kids anymore.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
EZero8

Hey! I created this topic about the time when the forums first started! It has since disappeared though... :(

Anyways, one of the first things I had learned from Gundam was that if you paint anything red, it'll do something three times faster. More to come when I remember it. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Phantomexe87

1. Men use more conditioner in the future
2. Bras and wireless phones went out of style
3. Still no flying cars in the future
4. All social conflicts can be solved by the dropping of something upon the Earth.
5. Africa will always be underdeveloped

1: If you happen to be a soilder in AC, you're as good as dead.
2: Don't scream ITS A GUNDAM!!!!!

Hyakushiki

"McDaniel's" will become the dominate fast food franchise, and ideal for plotting clandestine military operations.

An investor will always ask for the impossible, and be a black-belt in Judo.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
wing zero alpha

1.) No matter whether you're for Earth or Space, if you're a bad guy you use mono-eyes. Ugly mobile armors optional.

2.) As well, if you're a good guy for either Earth or Space, you use visored MS that blow up even more easily than the bad guys.

3.) Apparently angsty children with violent urges will become WMDs of the future.

4.) All bad guy organizations will have ornate crosses for symbols and fanciful uniforms.

5.) Deus Ex Machinas can be explained right away by the title character being a newtype or just extremely popular with the fans.

6.) All politicians are scum. Yes, I know that's true in real life as well, but here it's even more blatant.

7.) Nudity and giant robots are common place.

8.) By watching Gundam, everyone becomes an expert on the traversties of war.

9.) The more brutal the death, the more "realistic" the series becomes.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antares

In CE, blue hair forgives all sins. Also, there is no apparent limit to angst.

Screaming is a good strategy if nothing else works for you. Be sure to scream a lot when fighting your enemies, it unnerves them (or alerts them to your every move, depending on your position in the cast).

When fighting, if you don't like screaming, there is always talking. Endless, endless talking.

Repeating people's names never gets old.

The future is going to suck badly for 3/4 of the human race the second the first colony is settled.

I have learned that retarded chimps can write scripts with spoiled bananas and still get their stuff aired. Okay, maybe that is a little harsh. I am sure the chimps try their best.

Generally speaking, I find merchandising a lot more disgusting than before.

You have to have occasional fanservice (ie. scantily clad female, female showering or geographical changes on a person's physique when ship is hit).

Being a pilot equals to bringing smexy back. Unless of course you're a grunt. But no one will know your name anyway, so it's okay.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.