What we've learned from watching/Reading Gundam

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Also in CE:

Model sales will effect which side you stay on, and if you kick the bucket.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
wing zero alpha

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Model sales will effect which side you stay on, and if you kick the bucket.
Actually from what I read, how good of a guy one's seiyuu is also has that effect.
"Kamille! Kamille!

wing zero alpha wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Model sales will effect which side you stay on, and if you kick the bucket.
Actually from what I read, how good of a guy one's seiyuu is also has that effect.
Then why the heck did Sai Saici live to the end?
Ascension

Note that he never said it was the good ones who lived... :wink:
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Volnixshin

If your name is Bright, you have the power to trancend the laws of the universe. The power of the Bright-Slap, even the Gods fear it.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
razgriz

a punch or kick or shoulder smash hurts much more if you and your opponent stay frozen in position for a few seconds after impact.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
wing zero alpha

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]Then why the heck did Sai Saici live to the end?[/quote]

I read up somewhere that one of the reasons Andy and Mwu survived their apparent demises was because Fukuda enjoyed working with their seiyuus. It should also be worth noting that he changed Kira's fate because he supposedly made his seiyuu cry. But anyway, back to the topic.
Haros_Pet_Kat

Didn't model sales of the Buster affect, Dearka, however? He barely had any lines until his feet touched the floor of the Archangel.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
vaKuz

The Zaku, Gouf and Dom will always be the 3 "grunts" musketeers
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
wing zero alpha

Haros_Pet_Kat wrote:Didn't model sales of the Buster affect, Dearka, however? He barely had any lines until his feet touched the floor of the Archangel.
Yeah, but that appears to be the only reported case, otherwise if a kit is doing poorly the usual method is to replace the mobile suit with a newer model.
Dark Duel

Lessons learned from the Cosmic Era:

-Popularity instantly enables you to survive things you shouldn't - like being blasted to small pieces by an anti-matter beam weapon whose barrel is as tall as your mobile suit, having the cockpit of your mobile suit run through with a large sword, or having the reactor of your mobile suit, four meters below the seat of your pants, exploding in a fireball the size of New Yark.

-The sole fact that you're a pilot for the Earth Alliance means that no matter what, you always wind up getting shafted in the end. Unless you turn traitor or go off and become a mercenary.

-Being a mercenary almost automatically makes you a badass.

-It doesn't matter how powerful your nation will be, you will always lose to an island the size of Rhode Island whose army is a fraction the size of your own.

-If you're voiced by someone famous, you will die within an absolute maximum of three combat sorties, probably cut in half.

Lessons learned from UC:

-If you fall in love with an enemy pilot, be prepared to suffer, as either she will die in your arms, or you will lose at least one major body part. Unless one of you kills the other in combat.

-If you're a villain, it isn't a good day unless you throw some big nasty thing at Earth, fire a giant DOOM cannon, or destroy a colony and/or its population.

-Never fall for the same girl as your rival. She will continue to haunt the both of you for decades afterwards, eventually driving one of you to global genocide.

And I'm spent.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

wing zero alpha wrote:
Haros_Pet_Kat wrote:Didn't model sales of the Buster affect, Dearka, however? He barely had any lines until his feet touched the floor of the Archangel.
Yeah, but that appears to be the only reported case, otherwise if a kit is doing poorly the usual method is to replace the mobile suit with a newer model.
That would explain the usual mid season upgrade
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
J-Lead

- Gundams with big pointy wings are damn near untouchable and unbreakable in the show, but the respective model kit can't stay together no matter what kind of glue I use.

- Why have an extensive training program when a 15 year old can get it in a few seconds?

- Zakus are slow, outdated, and obsolete. I don't care what Gundam vs Zeta Gundam says. Get over it, fanboys.

- Wings don't do anything in space, which means an X-Wing can fly straight or fly straight faster. Read a textbook, Lucas.

- The MP-40 is the submachine gun of the future.

- Zaku I = Veteran pilot.

- Three West Virginians = Jet Stream Attack

- In CE, when a spaceship full of female crewmembers shakes violently, it wasn't hit or anything, some pervert just put a quarter in the fanservice machine.

- Blonde hair, sunglasses, and the color red are great for attracting underage girls.

- The V2 Gundam is fast enough to make Vegeta go, "Dayum!"

- Cooler Mobile suits have bigger, longer lasting explosions.

- Hamburgers have a place in heaven.

- Screw Gundanium, plot shielding is the best kind of armor a 15 year old can ask for.

- Minovsky particles are the Jesus of Universal Century - They're the answer to every question.
Last edited by J-Lead on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
wing zero alpha

Dark Duel wrote:-It doesn't matter how powerful your nation will be, you will always lose to an island the size of Rhode Island whose army is a fraction the size of your own.
Not that the British Isles or Japanese Islands were any bigger :P.
-If you're voiced by someone famous, you will die within an absolute maximum of three combat sorties, probably cut in half.
Only applies unless your seiyuu is a famous female singer/voice actor. Nami Tanaki should have taken that note.

What I've learned from ZZ:

Gundamjacks happen regularly in this series.

Bright's gone soft in his age.

If your a kid from Shangri-La, then you can get away with mostly everything while not being diciplined half the time.

Stock fotage likes to be used

Judau beats up everyone, instead of getting slapped around himself

Xess

J-Lead wrote: Wings don't do anything in space, which means an X-Wing can fly straight or fly straight faster. Read a textbook, Lucas.
Of course this makes sense, it's not like we ever seen an X-Wing in an atmosphere or anything...oh wait.

Legs and arms don't do anything useful on a vehicle, which means a Gundam can do nothing or do nothing faster. Read a textbook, Tomino. :roll:

Anyway, I learned that militaries in the future won't bother to enforce a dress code no matter how distracting an infraction might be. In fact I learned that in the future military discipline is as oxymoronic as military intelligence.
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me. - Ballad of Serenity
Volnixshin

Only applies unless your seiyuu is a famous female singer/voice actor. Nami Tanaki should have taken that note.[/quote]

Yeah, but then Shiho would have died!
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
ORegan

UC: as time goes on, military pilot's ability to pilot a MS will suck so badly that they need to enlist younger and younger people to kill stuff.

the hero will always defeat the villain at the direct end of the series(would you like brain fries with that?...drive up to the next window please)

Bright hates chickens
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Newtype87

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but…

ALL ERAS

Beam cannons, beam sabers, funnels, nuclear missiles, solar rays, gigantic Death Star-esque space cannons, and colony drops are not the way to solve a conflict…
Long and personal discussions of a political nature while in the middle of pitched battle are the only way to solve your problems. Yelling and screaming sometimes help too.

Oh, and…

FC
A true fighter communicates through their fists. ("Master Asia's hand… it's crying." Domon)

CE
Fear the censor's disco pistol!
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
wing zero alpha

Volnixshin wrote:Yeah, but then Shiho would have died!
We don't know that for sure.