How did YOU discover MAHQ?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
solid snake

How did YOU discover MAHQ?

The title says it all. How did you happen upon the great site MAHQ? I myself stumbled across it back when it was still FAHQ. I had just seen The 08th MS Team on Toonami and was looking for more information on it, and FAHQ was one of the results my search brought up, and I've been hooked ever since.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I discovered this site along time ago. Can't remember when, or where but I think it was on google. I mainly used this site to browse through the linearts for Gundam and eventually now decided to join Mechatalk.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Folken Fanel

Back when Seed started airing I typed in "Gundam Seed info" on google and this was the first site that came up. I've been a dedicated follower ever since.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
lalahsghost

When? GundamProject just went down the crapper, I wanted my gundam data and images! where did I go? FAHQ. Or was it MAHQ at that time?

Well, anyways, being frightened that gundam sites were dying fast, I went onto the IRC channel and begged Chris to get all the data off of mahq.net to be put to cd for me. I think this was January 2001. Boy, oh boy was I obnoxious back then.... ~_~
RedShirt0909

when I started enjoying mecha, as someone who likes all the info on a subject I googled for info on gundam and MAHQ was at the top of the list. Been checking it almost daily since then.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Lert

Googled for pictures and stats on the Ground-Type Gundam after seeing 08th MS Team, found MAHQ. Joined Mechatalk only MUCH later ( like... three years later. )
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
ZZ Gundam

If anyone can remember Gundam.com, and about the time it when down was when I had my first run in with MAHQ. I ultimately chose Gun-plus as my gundam reference of choice, but then it too died and so i rediscovered MAHQ. Joined mechatalk some months later, and the rest is semi-recent history. :D
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
EZero8

I found the place around 2002-03, mostly because I was beginning to pay alot more attention to Gundam after a hiatus when Gundam Wing stopped airing in the US. It was a great find, and it allowed me to browse and discover several mecha anime series that I would later watch.

I didnt join the forums at first since the EZBoard layout stunk, but once it migrated to become MechaTalk I was here almost immediately. It's been a good year at the forums. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Toxicity

I found it through google. After the Gundam Project shut down I was without a primary gundam site, so I settled here.
Fritz Ashlyn

I don't remember how long ago it was that I started using FAHQ for stats and pictures, but I finally joined the MAHQ forums in 2002. And here I sit.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Destroy Gundam

With the exception of the forums, I'm in the same boat as Fritz.

Does anyone know when Gundam.com went under? Because it may have been around that time period that I found FAHQ.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Wingnut

I do indeed. G.com went under in the summer of 2003, August I think. By then the site was definitely MAHQ. I personally found the site about a year prior to the fall and have been using it ever since.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destroy Gundam

Hmm...I found the site a few months earlier, then, because I remember it being FAHQ when I discovered it. I found it more reliable for finding out specs than Gundam.Com had been. Plus, it had pictures of the mobile suits from V Gundam.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
kfrooster

Alot of the members made references to MAHQ about the great mech discussions that were held here. These originated from Gun-Plus.
SNT1

looking for gundam stats of gundam wing when it aired in '00 when I came across this in gundam.net. Been a favorite ever since. Unlike most people I skipped Gundam.com. (became a board lurker much much later though)
Chris
Administrator

I stumbled across it on April 1, 2000, and for whatever reason I've been coming back EVERY DAY since then.... :lol:
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

Chris wrote:I stumbled across it on April 1, 2000, and for whatever reason I've been coming back EVERY DAY since then.... :lol:
And in a few weeks we will celebrate that very day and the 2,555 of them that have come sense that day.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Draco Starcloud

Chris wrote:I stumbled across it on April 1, 2000, and for whatever reason I've been coming back EVERY DAY since then.... :lol:
And it was the best April Fool's Day joke ever!

But here's an easy step-by-step list as to how I came to be here.

1. Saw Gundam Wing on TV
2. Found GundamProject while looking for more Gundam
3. Found Gelgoog
4. Found FAHQ while looking for more Gelgoog
5. FAHQ eventually assimilated by MAHQ
6. Joined Mechatalk when it opened

And everything I've ever done on the internet is thanks to two things: Gelgoog and Brak, and you won't find much Brak here.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ORegan

my list of how i found the site:

1. saw gundam wing on toonami and watched about half of it

2. watched MSG on toonami until they decided to cut it short

3. played journey to jaburo, and watched the 0th MS team on toonami

4. went to gundam vault for more info since i always got cut short of the series

5. brother showed me MAHQ a long time ago and i figured it was better then gundam vault

6. became addicted to black tar heroine

7. joined forum like half a year ago
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Omnislasher

I can't remember. It was either through MAHQ after searching for Gundam specs, OR it was during a search for Gundam fanfics (and ultimately connected from here to MAHQ). Not sure...
I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person...

...but thought and action are two different things...