How did YOU discover MAHQ?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Nightwing03

First time..Hmm..it would be me trying to find pics of the the mobile suits from SEED on google images, they linked to mahq, then made MAHQ my home page ^^

like 1.5 years after, i joined Mechatalk 8)
♣♦♠♥
ShadowCell

I was wandering across the wastelands of Hoth, and I collapsed in an exhausted heap, and Obi-Wan appeared and told me to go to Dagobah and learn the ways of the Force from Yoda.

Along the way I got distracted and wound up on MAHQ.
mcred23

In an odd way, I found MAHQ twice...

The first time I found MAHQ was by searching for Blue Destiny on a search engine and ended up on this page. From there I ended up on the manga page, but that was about all of the site I looked through and eventually, I lost track of that page.

Sometime later, after GundamProject closed, I was looking through it's links page and eventually I tried the link to FAHQ. It took me to this site's main page and shortly after that, I went to myself (After seeing the page again) "Hey, this was that site with the Blue Destiny thingy!".

That was at some point in the spring/summer of 2003. I've been hanging around ever since.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Big Zabowski

Lets see. Started out this way with me:

1) Saw Gundam Wing on CN around june of 2K

2) Did a "Google" search and found Gundam.com

3) Started compiling datafiles (crude ones) on my favorite mecha from Gundam.com and Mechadomain (I still have some printouts of Burke's site datemarked around '01)

4) Found FAHQ around that time (2001), Started Frankening..

5) Lurked the boards for some time, before being dragged to a site called Dragonhame.com by a friend. Site subsequently went under in 2005

6) Lost track of Gundam until 2005 then started looking back at MAHQ and Gundamwatch. They were the last Gundam sites still remining in my bookmarks at the time.

7) Joined Gundamwatch to try to rekindle my intrest and for RP. Floundered.

8) Joined Mechatalk after the new boards on March 6, 2006; 4 days before my 19th birthday.

9) Spent every subsequent day lounging around in the presence of mechaheads.

10) PROFIT!

10 and 3/4) Now I sit here, talking of the old days and wishing that Fritz, Gambit, and Psyden would get their unholy arses in gear and GET TEH NEXT ARC GOING!

Woot, goes TEH MACHINEGUN BEE...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
codename:v

I was surfing the web back in 1998 and I stumbled upon this site called mechdomain, which later known as MAHQ. Soon, I realised I got hooked on to it until now.
Blue Comet

Probably a few years after first playing Journey to Jaburo at a friend's house, the first Gundam ANYTHING that I ever encountered. And let's see that would have been.......at least 4 years ago!

Didn't really get around to MAHQ until I started playing games like Gundam Battle Assault 2, Federation vs Zeon and Zeonic Front and wanted to draw some of the suits from those games I played so long ago.

Once I started watching Gundam Seed on YTV, I used the Gundam Official User Forums (GOUF) quite a bit. Once the GOUF site went down, I saw that MAHQ had a forum. To be honest I didn't really see that for a while since I Googled all the suits I wanted to draw and doing it that way doesn't bring up the MAHQ Menu on the side. (which has the word "Forum" in it :P)

So a few days after I figured that out, I became a member. And I must say, that I love being a member here. At least 100 times more than I ever could have with GOUF. :)
Cardi Doorl

Anyone heard of those old e-mail based RPGs that sprouted like mushrooms in the days Wing first came on Toonami? If you haven't, you're not missing out on anything. I don't know if any exist anymore, but if they don't I sure as hell don't miss 'em.

I got caught up in one of those in my early days of Gundam fandom (2000), and all of them used Mecha Domain as their source of information (though the people partaking in them were, in retrospect, woefully lacking in knowledge of anything outside Wing - and made stupid RPGs regardless). Such is how I became aware of that site, though at the time mecha specs were, to me, just the weapons list, while the rest were just random numbers (I mean, moreso than they actually are).

The one I was in most heavily was called Gundam Prodigy, and was briefly the second-biggest of these horrible wastes of internet. When that crapheap started floundering in 2002, I (and two others from that RPG) jumped ship and scouted out the MAHQ boards. We'd heard about message board-based RPGs before and wanted to give them a try, so we lurked around MAHQ for a bit before we tried out the RPGs there. At the time, MAHQ was on its second and third RPGs (running simultaneously) and we joined up. The other two have since vanished, but I've stuck around for the RPing. :P
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
wonton bob

After watching Gundam and 0083 then CCA, I wondered if there was something in-between. example: where did the Titans go? So I found out there was a zeta on the mecha hq ..a year or two later I noticed the forums section :oops: and have been on ever since.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Draco Starcloud

Cardi Doorl wrote:I don't know if any exist anymore, but if they don't I sure as hell don't miss 'em.
._.; I update for one on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Melchior

To be honest, I don't really remember, but I could take an educated guess and say I was searching forGundam Wing and came across MAHQ. Before I came here I thought Wing, G and SEED were the entire Gundam universe. Well that view was certainly changed.
Feros

I discovered mahq when gundam.com went down, joined mechatalk late 06' something. This has been my gundam home ever since.
"At least try to protect the Leo's" -unknown
Antares

Discovered MAHQ as a mecha spec resource some time ago, can't remember when. Might've been under a different name. Anyhoo, I was watching the latter part of GS and I wanted some tech specs to go with the Gundams, so I searched and found. It was only last Summer when I also realized that OMG there is a forum as well, and started lurking. When my fanfic was proceeding nicely, I decided to join in and maybe get some promotion for my writing from the apppropriate fanbase. :wink: Been here ever since every day I have access to a computer.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Deus EpS Machina

I think like most people...iv been using MAHQ for Gundam stats and lineart for years, not to mention its where i read countless anime reviews and its where i figured out which 1/100 Freedom model kit to buy (the answer is obvious, its just that MG Freedom was my first gundam model so i didnt know squat about Grades). I joined the Forum a while back under a different username, but since i left it dormant for a long time, it got unregged. I joined again this January mainly for the merchandise board. I went to Fichenfoo forums for the same reason but i find theyre not as casual about modelling as id like to be, so Mechatalk wins.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
silencer.001

When i found mahq.net, i was just about to get gundam seed from one of my friends to watch, and i wanted to know more about it and what was in it, in terms of the mecha, i then found the forums, but it was the old ones, and i didn't like the forums, so i joined the now defunct GOUF forums, then when that went down, i joined another one, and then when that one went down, i found mechatalk about a year ago, and i joined but lay dormant for most of the year due to it being my last year at school and a very important one at that, but now that school is over, i am active on the forums at last, and yeah, that is how i found these wonderful forums :D
Cardi Doorl

Draco Starcloud wrote:
Cardi Doorl wrote:I don't know if any exist anymore, but if they don't I sure as hell don't miss 'em.
._.; I update for one on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
OMG WERE U SLADE SPEEDWELL!?!?!?

Sry, after the huge All Gundam RPG died I remember anyone who wanted Gundam Ashtaron on any other RPG was suspected of being Slade Speedwell, one of the more prominent characters on that, so much so that it practically became a joke.

But... yeah... so they still exist, eh? Well, still don't like 'em. :/
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
VR7

Stated in my post in the Meet Your Mods thread, but I'll say it again here I guess.

I met a guy by the alias Psycho_Al. At the time he was the project leader for Gundam Universe, an old Quake 3 mod. He also was a regular (and operator) for then-FAHQ's IRC channel, so I ended up visiting that too.

And then it went uphill from there. :P
-noel
Hyakushiki

I found MAHQ when mecha domain died. Back in '00 both gundam project
and mecha domain were my main searches. Only now i thought to join the
forums and haven't regreted it.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
MrMarch

Many many years ago I found a several anime websites during many searches to find out stuff about the anime series that I follow. FAHQ was one of them along with websites like AnimeNewsNetwork, MacrossWorld, TheMechaDomain, Nausicaa.net et cetera. Been visiting periodically ever since.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Got in to wing in the states and found Gundam Project over there right before I came back in 2001...kept with Gundam Project.

When that closed I searched and soon found MAHQ back in 2003...lurked alot and became a memeber a couple of months back :D
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Rei Murasame

Since I already answered this in the "Meet Your Mods" thread, here's the expanded special edition:

It was at the tender age of 14, when it all began. My parents were in the Navy, so it was only natural that I would choose this path. I was always impatient, but my chance came soon enough. That fateful day in 1918 would be one of the most well-known battles in history, the battle of Jutland. I flew in that battle against Hitler himself - I had wanted to tell him that we could be friends, and that there was no need to keep fighting like this, since we might be able to come to some kindof understanding.

He didn't want to listen. Our X-Wings dueled for 3 hrs over the English channel, and finally the French mainland. I had managed to get behind him and was just about to drill gunfire into his aircraft, when those ungrateful French people used AA batteries on both of our X-Wings and down we went in a blaze of glory. They must still have been sore over the 'Ownage at Waterloo' thing. Petty.

As the planes went down, sparks erupting from the dashboard, equipment going wild, and R2 squealing like a pig, Hitler and myself had a brief conversation over radio communications, which went something like:

<Rei> "Why must you keep struggling like this!? The Nordic people will be better off without your impatient intervention!"

<Hitler> "Oh, how so?"

<R2> *still squealing like a pig*

<Rei> "Oh shut up, R2! ....As I was saying, we'd have a lot less guilt, and we wouldn't have to worry about Godwin's Law! Besides, what would Lalah think?"

<Hitler> "So that's what this is about! ...Rei... Lalah was like a mother to me, and --- "

<Rei> "Hitler! You were supposed to be the chosen one!" *in tears*

<Hitler> "What?" *ground rushing towards him*

<Rei> "Well, not really, but... ---"

And then everything went white. When I awoke, I was somehow lying in the middle of a terrible American battlefield. I assumed immediately that I must therefore be in Asia, because when you want to have a terrible battle, the best way to get a real 'challenge' is to have a ground-war in Asia. Much like how fighting 20,000 rabid wolves in a forest is not nearly as 'challenging' unless you first blindfold yourself and twirl around 3 times.

The Vietcong immediately arrested me, and took me to a lonely house on a hill. There I saw Alice Bailey, Kramer from 'Seinfeld', and Tony Blair. I asked the old crow what she was doing in this time period, when she was supposed to be dead. It went something like this.

<Rei> "What are you doing in Vietnam, you idiot?"

<Alice Bailey> "Illuminati stuff, what do you think?"

<Rei> "That's it, I have HAD it with you! Hammertime!"

She was beggining to start some spell or the other, but I didn't care, because I already had an ace up my sleeve, and was Alpha-Countering her move anyway. And thus I began to chant in rank Engrish:

I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my Body, and Fire is my Blood. I have created over a Thousand Blades. Unknown to Death. Nor known to Life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet those hands will never hold anything. "Unlimited Blade Works!"

There was a huge explosion, and when I awoke, exhausted and injured, everyone was gone. I recall idly thinking to myself that I should've used a Giga Slave just to make sure they were really dead. Oh well.

I dragged myself for two days under gunfire from the Vietcong, through fifteen miles of trenches laced with french cinnamon and lined with CIA cocaine. By the time I arrived at a helipad, I was more pissed off than ever, and also my heart had stopped, making me very much deceased.

Luckily for me, in 2003, Chris was trying summon a servant so that he could take part in the 5th Holy Grail war, and ended up summoning me (yay, alive again for the 7th time!). So now I just chill at MAHQ and wait for more battles to start up. ^.^
Last edited by Rei Murasame on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."