Battlestar Galactica

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Dunpeal

Shinji103 wrote:Meh, doesn't mean they should be forgiven for bias. My gripe isn't so much that they have bias though, but that that bias stems from the fact that they don't even try to understand Baltar at all. Laura saw him with Number Six back on Old Caprica, and it's an automatic "He's a traitor!!!" without even so much as considering that he himself may have been deceived, which he indeed was. And then they're also ignoring the fact that if Baltar had fought back, then the population of New Caprica would have been wiped out, which Baltar's defense attorney verly clearly and accurately pointed out in the opening statements.
Don't forget that he was the one who decided to colonize the planet in the first place. The defense's attorney statement that Laura Roslin's presidency would lead to entire population wipe out is clearly speculated, because had Laura won the election they wouldn't even be on that planet.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Dunpeal wrote:Don't forget that he was the one who decided to colonize the planet in the first place.
That would only matter if Baltar had known the Cylons would find them. It's like blaming a family for setting up a camp on an unmarked minefield and their kid getting blown up by a mine.
Dunpeal wrote:The defense's attorney statement that Laura Roslin's presidency would lead to entire population wipe out is clearly speculated, because had Laura won the election they wouldn't even be on that planet.
I see that as more of an example. Laura and Adama accuse Baltar of being a coward who didn't fight back, but if he had officially declared war on the Cylons on New Caprica, they would have been wiped out. Absolutely no question. About it.
solid snake

I figured it was only a matter of time before Anders would enlist.

Well the trial has begun and I have a feeling that Baltar will live. Or he could be executed and wake up in a new body proving that he's one of the Final Five. As for the charges, I think the only stuff that he could actually be convicted of are revealing of classified information, conspiring with the enemy during time of war, and signing the death warrant for those detainees on New Caprica. Serious crimes to be sure, but I don't think they can actually charge him with genocide.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Duo

Sorry just found this as I was heading to bed...

No... Baltar won't be a Cylon, then Xena/whatever # she was woudl have said something.... but because of her reaction to one of the five she saw, Starbuck will be a part of the final five, I have no doubt about that. I have a feeling that Roslin's aide.. ummm.. damn.. what's her name... Bah. I forget now.. anyway.. She might be one...

If Anders and Ty are then they're playing it too much in the previews... so I'm not 100% sure on them... But then again.. it is Sam that says they're all Cylons from be beginning... so we'll see Friday night, eh?
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
solid snake

That would be D'Anna Biers/Number Three played by Lucy Lawless. And it's on Sunday's.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Duo

Meh.. you're right, Sundays... I'm still in shock that they moved it off of Friday... I said I found it before i went to bed... I was tired! >.<
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Antares

I liked the latest one (now close to a week old) exactly for the reasons stated; it gave room for the characters, and doesn't allow Adama Sr. or Jr. to get too pristine of one-sided. Daddy Adama really did manage to surprise me with his bitterness, but then again Lee took the theatrics showboat (as he's been prone to do at times) and they're again at odds. Maybe it is Starbuck affecting both of them. Then again you have to admire Lee for standing up for what he feels is right; if you stand up for the system you believe in, you'd better do it all the way, and he does. That is to be respected even if it might be for the "wrong" cause here. That's also the reason why I've liked Helo's character.

Shinji103 said:
Dunpeal wrote:
The defense's attorney statement that Laura Roslin's presidency would lead to entire population wipe out is clearly speculated, because had Laura won the election they wouldn't even be on that planet.
I see that as more of an example. Laura and Adama accuse Baltar of being a coward who didn't fight back, but if he had officially declared war on the Cylons on New Caprica, they would have been wiped out.
I recall there was a very strong sentiment for colonizing (which was why Baltar won), so Roslin would've sailed very strongly against the political wind if she had won and decided to keep running.

Shinji103 said:
As for Gaeta, I expect him to be brought up next episode. But then, it'll be just as good, if not better, for the defense because Baltar knew Gaeta was an informant and allowed him to run off to the insurgency on New Caprica.
Given that Felix axed Baltar with the pen to the collarbone, I'd say Gaeta's testimony is going to be really interesting. He knows both the pros and cons of Baltar, but clearly Baltar knows something nasty about him as well. *rubs hands in gleeful anticipation* Luckily we still get Baltar-in.-the-head for the Six, which is always entertaining.

And finally, Shinji103 said:
"Hey, prosecution lawyer. Charge Baltar for genocide in the original attacks on the 12 Colonies based on flimsy and unbased evidence."
"What? I can't do that, there's no way I'd get a conviction based on that."
"Did you not hear me? Charge him or get the boot."
Since talking about politics is to be avoided, I won't say anything. But that quote pretty much sums it up, and they didn't grab this out from the air. I'm not saying there is direct cause and/or effect, but relevancy.

The music-thing I found to be a bit corny; a mysterious sound playing, making people do things. I've seen far too many ST: TNG -episodes to be impressed with a gimmick like that. I hope it passes quickly or is very well explained and has some real importance (i.e. not another holodeck malfunction). :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
The Big Zabowski

Antares wrote:The music-thing I found to be a bit corny; a mysterious sound playing, making people do things. I've seen far too many ST: TNG -episodes to be impressed with a gimmick like that. I hope it passes quickly or is very well explained and has some real importance (i.e. not another holodeck malfunction). :D
If you go to the Scifi forums, some of the posters there claim that the snippets of song are actually part of a guitar and harmonica solo off of Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower".

Aparently, after looking into the lyrics of the song and going back over past episodes of all three seasons, they believe that the whole story is based loosely on the song with a BSG overlay.

As much as I thought the contrary after listening to the snippets in the ep over and over, their explanations are very compelling..

Aparently some people also claim that those that hear the song are to be the Final Five..

What is Ron Moore up to....<_<

(IMO, The music sounds Mid-Eastern with a bit of medieval Eastern European mixed in..)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Antares

TBZ said:
Aparently some people also claim that those that hear the song are to be the Final Five..
(IMO, The music sounds Mid-Eastern with a bit of medieval Eastern European mixed in..)
I would probably fall off my chair is Tigh is one of them. But it would be pretty... creative and unexpected. The music does sound Mid-Eastern a tad, but I think I could recognize a few McCrearyesque sounds in it as well, which I suppose is not surprising as I assume he's behind that one like every other BSG soundtrack piece.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
RedShirt0909

Agreed, Tigh is probably not one of them. Although I do recall D'Anna's words to the final five beingg "I'm sorry" and she did give Tigh a really rough time over the Gideon incident, so it is possible and has evidence to support it if you're willing to stretch a lot, but I still evaluate this as a low probability occurance and will need new shorts if Tigh is a Cylon. I still have no idea who it is, so tomorrow will be a nice surprise, especially based on the history of massive cliffhangers between seasons/half-seasons.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
The Big Zabowski

And then there is the fact that the Extended Canadian promo contains Tyrol saying the exact lines:

"Yes... we are Cylons"

But, speculation also has arisen that this could possibly be another ploy to tear the fleet apart akin to the whole "Bulldog returns to kill Adama" thing..

EDIT
Fastforeward 24 hours:

"I dunno, but we on the US east coast will find out in about 20 minutes what the whole speil about the music is.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
RedShirt0909

Well, FRACK!!! Tyrol, Tigh, Anders, Torrie are Cylons, Starbuck's return, and Baltar off the hook/kidnapped by the cultists. SciFi knows how to keep us coming back for more. Why the long wai until next seasont?
Last edited by RedShirt0909 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
The Big Zabowski

Told ya...<_<

I really am starting to believe that the music is actually a scrambled version of Along the Watchtower.. not some middle eastern thing..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
RedShirt0909

The Big Zabowski wrote:Told ya...<_<

I really am starting to believe that the music is actually a scrambled version of Along the Watchtower.. not some middle eastern thing..
It was, they had lyrics at the Viper launch sequence.
The Big Zabowski

Haven't seen it yet, so I was just saying that based on everything up until CR pt. II.

Still, I'm gonna love how they're gonna explain off the whole Tigh being a Cylon thing. If skinjobs did indeed stand to be in existance during the First Cylon War..then this is just a major mind****...

My head, she already spins..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

What ticks me off is that we have to wait until next fraking year to get any more new episodes.
I don't know if I can wait that long without going some kind of bonkers over the wait.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Wow....just wow....

Since they blew all five of the Final Five's identities in this one episode, I can't see BSG lasting too much longer though.

But next year?! I think we may be hearing about certain Sci-Fi and BSG staff turning up dead in gutters before than... ^^;
Chris
Administrator

Wingnut wrote:What ticks me off is that we have to wait until next fraking year to get any more new episodes.
I don't know if I can wait that long without going some kind of bonkers over the wait.
Luckily, the Pegasus movie in the fall should hold you over until season 4 begins next year.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

I must be really out of the loop because this is the first I have heard of any movie.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Chris
Administrator

It was just announced along with season 4. It'll air in the fall and show the story of the Pegasus after the Cylon attack in the miniseries.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his