Battlestar Galactica

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
RedShirt0909

A movie? Great, that must be a survival plan from the show's staff if they do plan on holding off until 2008. Shinji, I agree it can't last more than another season because not only is the identity of the final 5 blown, but Starbuck knows how to find Earth. I wonder what tech level Earth is going to be at when they get there, and how the fleet is going to hold off those basestars with FTLs down for another 20 minutes.
Last edited by RedShirt0909 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
solid snake

Well that was quite something. It suddenly hit me that whoever could hear the music was probably a Cylon, and it turns out I was right.

And they should rename the Galactica the Love Boat. Seriously, everbody is fracking everybody else.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Dunpeal

Heh, I wonder how many Tighs, Tyrols, Starbucks, Anders', Torries are out there. Still, they weren't much bothered while at Ragnar station, maybe they're half-Cylons?

And btw. Lee's speech was so awesome.
RoninWanderer

wow, four of the final five revealed, starbuck is alive and apparantly went to earth, and the two fleets are going to fight

...but i have to wait a year!!!!
WingZero20xx

the biggest shock to me was that starbuck was alive. that kills my idea that starbuck would actually be a cylon and resurrect into a cylon raider and become a cylon ace lol

its also good that lee is finally back where he belongs...HES NOT A LAWYER (although that speech he gave was powerful), HES A FIGHTER PILOT!

i kinda had a feeling that baltar would get off the hook although it was nice that adm. adama's vote was the deciding vote

one good thing is that finally (when the new season comes next FRACKIN YEAR) we get a space battle which has been in a drought. weve seen shootouts on the ground but come on, i kno alot of bsg fans have been waiting for another great space battle (galactica vs basestars and vipers vs raiders).
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

So Balthar did get convicted? :x (to be honest, I haven't seen the episode yet, I only know what I read on the thread here)
MechaWyvern

Baltar was found not-guilty, with Adamas vote deciding his fate.
I think Starbuck is a Cylon, a LOT of evidence put forth this season points that direction. Just because she didnt resurrect as a raider doesnt prove anything. The Cylons could have simply given her a captured Viper to pilot considering it came up as an "unknown contact" on dreidus.
That, or, as a friend of mine seems to believe, perhaps she part of a third race (along with the 6 in Baltars head and the Baltar in 6's head) that we really havent seen yet.

Also, did anyone else notice that the very last thing shown was earth? They are within about 2 jumps of it and I dont think anyone knows it.

I cant wait for the next season! So much to look forward to!
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

MechaWyvern wrote:Baltar was found not-guilty, with Adamas vote deciding his fate.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*falls flat on face*

That was probably the last thing I ever would have expected....

GO OLD MAN!!!!! You have regained yourself in my eyes. :D

But that worries me as to why the cultists would kidnap him then...
I think Starbuck is a Cylon, a LOT of evidence put forth this season points that direction. Just because she didnt resurrect as a raider doesnt prove anything. The Cylons could have simply given her a captured Viper to pilot considering it came up as an "unknown contact" on dreidus.
I agree with all this here.
RedShirt0909

Something I just thought of - if Tyrol is a Cylon, then doesn't that make his baby another hybrid?
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Dunpeal

RedShirt0909 wrote:Something I just thought of - if Tyrol is a Cylon, then doesn't that make his baby another hybrid?
Well, that should be obvious.

Concerning the Final Five: if Starbuck really is a Cylon, then the situation with her on Caprica back in season two would seem now as a little strange. If she was going to have a child, wouldn't that make it not a hybrid but full cylon?

Back to the current episode: too bad the thing with Gaeta wasn't explained. I think they could call up Six to challenge Gaeta's testimony and it could at least bring some confusion. But after what happened everybody took Gaeta's words as a fact.
Ravager

If Starbuck is a Cylon,why would she come back to Lee and announce Earth's location?She could've just did that to the Cylons
RedShirt0909

Ravager wrote:If Starbuck is a Cylon,why would she come back to Lee and announce Earth's location?She could've just did that to the Cylons
Even though we have a bunch of new Cylons here, they all seem to keep free will, and choose to side with humanity like Athena did.
Dunpeal

My guess is she will bring both fleets to Earth. After all, "they have a plan", ne? Besides, she was already there with a Cylon fleet.
Ravager

I thought she went there alone,not with a Cylon fleet.And how does that fit in timeline?I thought her supposed death and the finale was only a month apart,can she travel to Earth so fast?

Let's hope Earth is uber-advanced to obliterate the Cylons
Dunpeal

By "there" I meant the Nebula.
Saikuba

Dunpeal wrote:
RedShirt0909 wrote:Something I just thought of - if Tyrol is a Cylon, then doesn't that make his baby another hybrid?
Well, that should be obvious.

Concerning the Final Five: if Starbuck really is a Cylon, then the situation with her on Caprica back in season two would seem now as a little strange. If she was going to have a child, wouldn't that make it not a hybrid but full cylon?
The Final Five are completely unknown to the other cylons. I doubt that Tigh would have lost an eye if they had any inkling of who the others were, for instance. So if Starbuck is in fact a cylon, they wouldn't have to do anything to explain The Farm episode, since the cylons wouldn't have known that she was a cylon so she would have been a perfectly valid test subject.

But personally I doubt that she is a cylon. It seems like there is going to be a delay between the revealing of the four in this episode and the very last humanoid cylon, and Starbuck is just too obvious. I guess what I mean is the fact that the twelth cylon wasn't revealed when the others were suggests that this is a secret that they are hanging on to, and if Starbuck doesn't have an explanation for not being dead other than resurrecting, then they can't very well keep her identity secret for long. So I suspect that there is another explanation for her return and that someone else is in fact the last cylon.

There were hints pointing in other directions. After all, Roslin is the only one in that shared hallucination thingy between her Six and Sharon that is supposedly human...

EDIT: Another point against Starbuck being a Cylon: When Three sees the final Five she only apologizes to one of them. Considering that Tigh was one of them, it seems clear that he was the one that she apologized to. But Starbuck also got screwed over by the cylons pretty bad on New Caprica, so for her to have no reaction upon seeing Starbuck but to apologize to Tigh would be very odd.
I thought she went there alone,not with a Cylon fleet.And how does that fit in timeline?I thought her supposed death and the finale was only a month apart,can she travel to Earth so fast?
The fact that her fighter had a sort of phantom nature and that only Lee has seen her suggests that she might not really be physically in the nebula at all, in which case we would have to throw out notions of conventional travel.
Antares

Don't mind me, I tried to hold ep20 in reserve for some time but I faltered as I realized I'm not getting a new fix any time soon.

Yep yep, well done cliffhanger right at the end. Got me pretty riled up, as many have said, to think I need to wait quite some time to get more. The feeling reminds me of the ending of Babylon5 third season, which happened to coincide with the series going on its summer break when it was run here, and I nearly literally went up the walls.

About this episode, well you had hopefully last of the courtroom drama, and I did like Lee's performance (as I have throughout the show), but the speech he delivered lacked a bit in sincerity, I felt. Obviously you've got an actor doing his best, so you can expect a complete immersion. Gaeta's testimony was interesting, and I think we'll be coming back to that later on, as he was the only one who clearly and deliberately committed perjury. All in all, getting Baltar off the hook was legally sound, I thought. But his capture by the cultists seemed like another bad turn for poor Baltar who got to spend almost an hour thinking what he might want to do himself.

I also wondered about Tyrol's kid, but indeed since Athena's and Helo's kid is the only hybrid that is officially known, that would explain the interest. And indeed none of the Cylons knew/know who the final Five are, if you remember how big an effort D'Anna Biers/Number Three went through only to end up getting shelved. Tigh's call as Cylon was pretty awesome, and I am expecting huge build-up on that. But what really was curious was Starbuck's entry. It's partially a shame, because I had started to like the idea that she had really died, because that also would've been plausible given her history even if somewhat wasteful. And indeed, Cylons not knowing about her explains why she got the treatment she did, but it also lessens the drama and trauma of her childhood (you could argue that she went broke because she was a machine) to some extent, as he is considered less/more than human, depending how you look at it. It can take away some of her humanity.
Then again you could use the new Tigh -defense, which is that being a Cylon of the final Five is not (at least not right now) the most defining aspect of their identities. But now anyways she is back, in some form at least, which was more expected by most fans, I've gathered. I hope she hasn't turned lame while floating in the ether or wherever she was. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Nimrod

It now appears that the upcoming 4th season will be the last one.

http://tv.yahoo.com/battlestar-galactic ... tlestar_dc
RoninWanderer

Ya, i saw in the paper that this season is the last one, with a "definitive" ending. I assume that meant final, no real abstract maybe's.

I'll go ahead and take a guess on what happens. This battle that is coming up will not be the last, Adama may use nukes to try to fight off the Basestars to get enough time to warp, Starbuck will come back to the ship, give the location, but they have to shake off the cylons(impossible really), and it will all culminate in a standoff near earth.

Does anyone know how the original show ended
Nimrod

RoninWanderer wrote:Does anyone know how the original show ended
It's been a while but if memory serves they found 1979 Earth but the cylons also found it and began to use "skin jobs" as a means to scout Earth out. Apollo and Starbuck stopped them before they could alert the cylon fleet and afterwards Adama took the fleet away from earth because the planet couldn't withstand a cylon attack and wasn't ready for the arrival for the Galactica and it's fleet.

Now Galactica 1980 ended differently as I've told but I haven't seen it because time traveling and fighting Nazis in WWII was just too weird for me.