Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
thanatos

I suppose I should introduce myself since I've been posting once and while over the past few months, though I visit MAHQ daily.
I'm thanatos and I've been a tried and true gundam fanboy since I saw Wing on TV when I was 12. Giant robots run by teenage terrorists? Sign me up!
Hopefully I'll start writing merchandise reviews sometime next year. I've wanted to start this since project since I've got a whole chest of drawers full of MSiA figures (North American releases). When they stopped making those things, I cried. Those I don't have, I've been hunting down on ebay for the past few years.
Rurushu Ranperuji

Hello

Hi there, long time lurker first time poster, listen to a lot of gundamn and thought it might be fun to join up.
Symbolhime

Um, hi!

A friend of mine OMG posted a link to hyar and I saw mecha and I thought WOW.

Well, I'm a girl geek, I was born in australia to a mother who was raised in Kuching and educated in Switzerland, then lived in Beijing, then Tokyo, then Beijing, then Tokyo, then Singapore, then Beijing, then Australia again. My language skills are terrible, except for english, I'm shy, pale, and not exactly active.

Stuff wise, I grew up watching Hikarian, Transformers, Beast Wars, Battletech(the animated series!), Sailor Moon, Evangelion(mum thought this was a good thing =P), Ghost in the Shell, and so forth. I kinda came back into Anime with Haruhi, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh! (I'm ashamed to say), Lucky Star, Minami Ke, Sky Girls, Blue Drop (*sniffle*), Macross Frontier, Gurren Lagann, and World Destruction, Koihime Musou, and now Kannagi and Gundam 00.

00 is actually my first Gundam series, played one of the original games on the Playstation, encountered SEED and couldn't stand it, but I love 00. It's great!

Um, I'm a bit dense, so I apologize in advance if I stuff up.

I hope we can get along!
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Alastor

Symbolhime wrote:*snip*

Stuff wise, I grew up watching Hikarian, Transformers, Beast Wars, Battletech(the animated series!), Sailor Moon, Evangelion(mum thought this was a good thing =P), Ghost in the Shell, and so forth. I kinda came back into Anime with Haruhi, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh! (I'm ashamed to say), Lucky Star, Minami Ke, Sky Girls, Blue Drop (*sniffle*), Macross Frontier, Gurren Lagann, and World Destruction, Koihime Musou, and now Kannagi and Gundam 00.

*snip*
Welcome. Oh, and that's quite a potpourri there. You have good taste, Hikarian and CCS are both awesome. :D
"I am Justice."
Mikhail

HI everyone. I learned about Mahq and Mecha talk through the Gundamn podcast. Ive been watching anime for a few years and mecha is one of my favorites. i was introduced to mecha through gundam wing on toonami. well i hope to have some interesting conversations and expand my knowledge of mecha anime. see you all soon.
quasadra

Symbolhime wrote:00 is actually my first Gundam series, played one of the original games on the Playstation, encountered SEED and couldn't stand it, but I love 00. It's great!
and here i thought all girls love SEED... scratch that and welcome. that avatar look very familliar, where did it come from :? ? that and i live in Malaysia too.
Nightwing03

Symbolhime wrote:Um, hi!

A friend of mine OMG posted a link to hyar and I saw mecha and I thought WOW.

Well, I'm a girl geek, I was born in australia to a mother who was raised in Kuching and educated in Switzerland, then lived in Beijing, then Tokyo, then Beijing, then Tokyo, then Singapore, then Beijing, then Australia again. My language skills are terrible, except for english, I'm shy, pale, and not exactly active.

00 is actually my first Gundam series, played one of the original games on the Playstation, encountered SEED and couldn't stand it, but I love 00. It's great!

Um, I'm a bit dense, so I apologize in advance if I stuff up.

I hope we can get along!
Well you look at that, now i think my count-o-meter of Australian people on this forum jumps to 4! (Including me of course) Welcome to mechatalk!
♣♦♠♥
megazero

Hello to everyone, I'm megazero and I'm a returning member and a Gundam fan for 10 years. :D
"Truly if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of
mankind." - Edward D. Morrison
Wingus

Yo. Folks call me Wingus.

Kinda decided to register to get in touch with someone that I may have met at a con several months ago, figured I'd poke around a little bit. (Got pointed here by fuzzychief, actually.)

And I believe that I may know Symbolhime from another board, as she certainly sounds familiar, heh.

As for me...

Grew up mostly on Transformers, and for the longest, didn't care at all for piloted robots. I was edged into the mecha genre by some not-so-gentle prodding of a (new at the time) friend to watch GaoGaiGar, then Mazinkaiser. My like of Super Robots grew immensely, pulling me into stuff like Giant Robo, G Gundam, Getter Robo, and Gurren Lagann. Though, recently, thanks to the prodding of fuzzychief, I've been slowly checking out the UC Gundam stuff. Started off with 08th MS Team, then checked out 0079 (movie versions), War in the Pocket, 0083, and most recently finished Zeta (TV version). I got spoiled by my first two Gundam series I watched having happy endings, so now I get irritated when I finish a UC series. :D I think my favorite of the UC stuff so far is Zeta.

And I like Super Robot Wars a bit, too. ;)
"Success rates are only scientific theory - a brave heart will defy any odds!"
Alastor

I also believe I know Wingus from another board. :lol: Hint: "A most beautiful combination." Kinda inactive at the HMC forums right now, though.

Welcome aboard, mate.
"I am Justice."
Wingus

Holy crap! So you're -not- dead. ;)

Next thing y'know, Kratos Auron from the GoManga boards is gonna pop up...
Alastor

Wingus wrote:Holy crap! So you're -not- dead. ;)
-Not- at all, heh. Just kind of immersed at work right now, but thanks for giving me an idea. (Visits HMC.)

But we're getting off topic now, no? :lol:
"I am Justice."
Shea

I just realized that I never introduced myself!
Well my name is Shea (My real life first name. I refuse to go by anything else.)
I work as a comedian.
And I'm pretty much the guy who will unconditionally root for the underdog, as evidenced by my love of G-Saviour.
I can pretty much see the hidden potential in everything.

I've been working on a trilogy rewrite of G-Saviour for the past 3 years.
As well as other Gundam and non-Gundam ideas
(Most of which can't be finished though.)
Among the other Gundam ideas are :

Gundam X Atomic
(Set in AW 90, when a small village's water supply
becomes poisonous with radioactivity, a man named Dukane Langly decides to use his
Family's MS to trek the world for a cure.)

------------------------

Gundam Sentinel the Movie

------------------------

The Gundam (Movie length modernized retelling of First Gundam.)

------------------------

Gundam Next
(When a city covered in mist is suddenly attacked by metal giants,
a young girl named Maria Torez realizes that they are after the white giant that sleeps under the city.
Climbing into its chest, she decides to take the giant named "NEXT" as far away from her hometown as she can,
so that no one else is hurt by the giants looking for it.)

------------------------

Re∀ Gundam
(After the war, Loran Cehack was living peacefully.
Until the White Doll appears to him in a dream over and over again.
He soon discovers that a new confrontation is on the horizon,
and if he wants to protect those he loves he must find the Turn A Gundam, and once again head off into the battlefield.)

My non-Gundam ideas featured :

The Beautiful Shadow (About a man who falls in love with the ghost that haunts his house.)

Tales from Silent Hill (A horror anthology series similar to Tales from the Darkside.)

Denise (A woman who was diagnosed with leukemia , begins to have feelings for the Doctor who is treating her.)

---------------------------

And finally, I am a HUGE gamer, you have no idea.
My dedication goes beyond importing.
I actually have in my possession, a real life original copy of Akumajou Dracula X : Rondo of Blood for the PC Engine Turbo CD system.

And that's the end of the backstory... Good day!
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Dr. Saotome

/me waves to everyone

I'm a somewhat recent anime fan-- got into anime with EVA with a few years ago. My interests are mostly real robot series-- massive fan of EVA, Gundam, the Patlabor films, Gasaraki (though I couldn't track down any episodes beyond halfway of the lattter). Although not as crazy about the tradtional super-robots shows, I recently enjoyed Shin Getter:Armageddon very much. I'm currently working on Gundam 00, and look forward to discussing various series with you. :)
Wingus

Oooh, I bet you'll dig New Getter Robo. Welcome!
VenomGundam

my name is venomgundam and i am an anime addict
Pucchin

Hey, my names Pucchin and some day I will become a Mangaka
There are things in life you should never understand.
darkangle

hey all...i just found this side randomly look really interesting i joned..well i need tips on sparring help!!!!
~~Darkness will prevail ~~
Mr. Hanekoma

'Sup, everyone. I guess I'm the latest addition to the forum, huh? A friend told me about it a few weeks ago, and I've just now gotten around to checking the site out, but so far everything looks pretty legit. I've seen Gundam Seed, Destiny, Char's Counterattack, half of Zeta, and I'm watching the first season of Gundam 00 on Sci-fi. I like anime, mainly the mecha and shonen genres. Uh, I guess that's about it. I hope to enjoy my stay here at Mechatalk.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
ZeonsSilverStar

It might be alittle late but just thought I'd introduce myself. Not much to say I'll be starting my first year of college next month, obviously I like Gundam and mecha , and I'm currently working on a mecha novel.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar