Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
sandrum

Oop, never posted in this thread.

It's nice to be here swimming in a wealth of mecha info! 8)
EZero8

Welcome. I hope all of you new members enjoy your stay at Mechatalk. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Theburk

howdy howdy, ive been visiting mahq for years, but only recently decided to join this forum, ive been a mecha fan since i was a kid, back when cartoon network would show voltron and robotech on saturday afternoons, i then became a gundam fan after gundam wing first aired, but ive sense grown to dislike gundam wing, quite a bit acctualy, ive never liked any of the "alternate universe" storys, they all imitate the original in one way or another (for instance every single one other then g gundam has a blonde guy in a mask as a main bad guy) when it comes to mecha i prefer katoki over okawara. currently my gundam kit list goes like this:
hg kits:
1st kit, v-gundam guntank,
2 hguc zgoks (one production one commander)
1 hg zaku 1/144 (the 8th msteam version)
1 hguc gelgoog marine
1 hguc gundam
1 gundam wing zero (1/100)
1 gundam wing zero KA (from the movie)
1 hygog (0800 version)
2 rick dom 2's (again 0080 version)
1 gundam alex (0080)
mg kits:
2 mp zakus
1 char zaku
1 zgok (which i built in a monoeye light, using a camera battery, i consider it a failure though because the light isnt very bright)
1 gelgoog
1 rick dom
1 qubeley
1 gm ground type
1 gm c ground ver

and i guess thats it, i plan to eventualy add a gouf custom modified into a gouf h8 and a f2 maybe even a couple of gundams.
Volnixshin

Well, I have been here for a long time, but I have never introduced myself, my name is Volnixshin, or rather that is my cosplay name. I hate showing my face, so if you want to know who I am, you will have to settle for this photo. If you ever go to Anime Boston or Connecticon, you will know me. My name is pronounced Voll Nicks Shinn. Nice to meet you all.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Gai Murakumo

Gai Murakumo launching!!!

Hello I'm Gai Murakumo, and well I've visited mahq's Mecha and Models Area for awhile now. And well Wingnut suggested I should join on a topic I had on another forum. Also on most other forums I go by Miguel Aiman, Miguel Ayman, and I was known/went by MIGUEL on GOUF.

Alright I'll just list some stuff about me and gundams.

Favorite Long Series
1. Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
2. Mobile Suit Gundam
3. Zeta Gundam
4. G Gundam
5. Gundam X
6. Gundam Wing
7. Turn-A Gundam

Short Series and Movies
1. Gundam F91
2. 08th MS Team
3. Char's Counterattack
4. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
5. Mobile Suit Gundam 80: War in the Pocket
6. Mobile Suit Gundam 83: Stardust Memory

Top 15 Favorite Gundams
1. GAT-X105 Strike Gundam (Aile Strike)
2. ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam
3. RX-93 Nu Gundam
4. MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
5. X1 (F97) Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai
6. F91 Gundam F91
7. RX-178 Gundam Mk.II
8. GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
9. MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame / MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame
10. GX-9900 Gundam X
11. GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir
12. XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
13. GF13-017NJII God Gundam
14. RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes"
15. SYSTEM ∀-99 (WD-M01) ∀ Gundam "Turn A Gundam"

Top 20 Favorite Mobile Suits
1. OZ-00MS Tallgeese
2. MSN-04 Sazabi
3. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki
4. XM-07 Vigna Ghina
4. OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III
6. MS-07B3 Gouf Custom
7. MS-06F Zaku II
8. MS-18E Kämpfer
9. RX-160 Byalant
10. RX-110 Gabthley
11.MSS-008 Le Cygne
12. AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
13. MS-21C Dra-C
14. MS-R09 Rick Dom
15. ZGMF-1017 GINN
16. ORB-01 Akatsuki
17. TMF/A-803 LaGOWE
18. MS-07H8 Gouf Flight Type
19. ZGMF-515 CGUE
20. MSA-005 Methuss

Favorite Mobile Armors
1. AMX-002 (AMA-X2) Neue Ziel
2. AMX-002S Neue Ziel II
3. NZ-333 Alpha Azieru
4. TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero
5. TS-MA4F Exus

Favorite Warships
1. White Base
2. Archangel
3. Rewloola class
4. Argama
5. Musai class

Top 10 Favorite Male Characters
1. Kira Yamato
2. Zechs Merquise/ Milliardo Peacecraft
3. Char Aznable
4. Seabook Arno
5. Amuro Ray
6. Kamille Bidan
7. Garrod Ran
8. Domon Kasshu
9. Athrun Zala
10. Schwarz Bruder/ Kyoji Kasshu

Top 20 Favorite Female Characters
1. Lacus Clyne
2. Cecily Fairchild/ Berah Ronah
3. Rain Mikamura
4. Cagalli Yula Athha
5. Lucrezia Noin
6. Sayla Mass
7. Murrue Ramius
8. Lunamaria Hawke
9. Asuna Elmarit
10. Christina Mackenzie
11. Allenby Beardsley
12. Natarle Badiguerl
13. Emma Sheen
14. Mouar Pharaoh
15. Miriallia Haw
16. Aisha
17. Catherine Bloom
18. Beltorchika Irma
19. Fa Yuiry
20. Relena Darlian/ Relena Peaceraft

And just a note my favorite Characters, Series, and Mecha can and most likely will change I still have some Gundam series to finish and a ton and ton of manga to read. And well I can't wait to learn a lot more about Gundam and I'm looking forward to becoming a regular poster here :o
Wingnut

Welcome. You did take my advice indeed.
A note about your avatar, you have it going to a place on your hard drive. That never works. Also when you do get one up be sure to keep it inside an 80x80 pixal area. That's one of Chris's rules.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
"Kamille! Kamille!

hi. I've been a Gundam fan since Wing was first broadcast on Cartoon Network, more or less maxed out on Gundam, and took a long hiatus the last few years. I've been visiting MAHQ an ungodly amount lately to get caught up again--I used to visit it and #mahq all the time (don't remember what my name was.) Great job to all involved, while I'm at it.
SOCL

Hallo, all. I'm somewhat new here--I say somewhat new here since I was something of a member in the forums before the Great Change. Nice new outfit, I must say, and far easier to navigate than the older ones. My Kudos go out to Chris, Dale, and the gang here at MAHQ.

I have been a Gundam fan since Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Saturday "Action Night" aired first Gundam, though canceled it soon after. The first series that I ever finished (and that truly hooked me to the universe of Gundam in general) was 0080--the tragedy of Bernie's death in the final episode told me all I had to know about Gundam and I was immediately an ardent fan. I have seen every Universal Century series that has yet been released in the States and hope that, despite it's poor story, Double Zeta may one day be released in the States--though I'm not holding my breath. My favourite series has to be first Gundam and my favourite movie is a toss up between Encounters in Space and Char's Counterattack. I have read the MSG novels numerous times and own all the series and movies from first Gundam to F91.

I can't say I'm much of a fan of the Alternate Universes; in fact, when Gundam Wing first came to the States I tried to watch it nearly defenestrated myself from my lack of interest--so it was only some curiosity in the old animation of first Gundam that actually got me to sit down and watch. Despite this, I am thoroughly interested in watching Turn-A as it, at least to me, seems to be the epitome of what Gundam should have or would have become--rather like some sort of climax for the entire metaseries.

Information edited out by the author due to certain concerns over privacy.

Happy to be here! :)
Last edited by SOCL on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azreal

Re: New Member

SOCL wrote: My favourite series has to be first Gundam and my favourite movie is a toss up between Encounters in Space and Char's Counterattack.
Welcomeness (Although, hell, I'm still new-ish in a sense), but somethings caught my eye, Encounters in Space was a game, not a Movie, if I remember correctly?
tetsujin: I think you're vastly overrating Christ's combat capabilities...
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

To clarify things, one of the three Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 movies made was called Encounters In Space, and the video game has the same title.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
SOCL

Re: New Member

Azreal wrote:
SOCL wrote: My favourite series has to be first Gundam and my favourite movie is a toss up between Encounters in Space and Char's Counterattack.
Welcomeness (Although, hell, I'm still new-ish in a sense), but somethings caught my eye, Encounters in Space was a game, not a Movie, if I remember correctly?
Encounters in Space is Mobile Suit Gundam III the movie of the compilation trilogy based on the series, rather similar to A New Translation in nature.

EDIT: Oops, I just noticed someone else addressed that issue. :oops:
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Azreal

Oh right, sorry, my mistake, never bothered looking into the movies.
tetsujin: I think you're vastly overrating Christ's combat capabilities...
SOCL

Azreal wrote:Oh right, sorry, my mistake, never bothered looking into the movies.
Without going too far off topic (I apologize ahead of time): you should! Encounters in Space is quite the epic tale, making the Battle of A Baoa Qu into a theatrical spectacle and includes far more rumblings concerning Newtypes and human nature in general close to what was penned in the novels. It's presentation of space arc of the storyline and the climax is quite well done and certainly worth a look. I recommend it highly!

Thanks for the welcome! :)
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
zombiestennett

im new around this here forum thing hi everybody im John i like psychobilly music drinking beer and i build gundam models cos ive been addicted since 98 for some reason that i cant remember now had tons of the action figures but sold them still got all my models and im still building
favorite suit would have to be the hyakushiki or sazabi or anything titans
least favorite suit gogg and acguy
favorite series zeta gundam hands down
least favorite g or sd gundam
there is me in a nut shell hope to see you guys around
Peace
John
opps fell asleep ....uh oh this colony is going where
Ravager

Hi there i'm Chris or Ravager here and i'm basically a Gundam fanatic.My intro series was Seed and ever since i was hooked on most everything Gundam.What really turned me from casual Gundam fan tohardcore Gundam fan was when i got my hands on my first Gunpla which would be the Strike Noir.Since then,i can't seem to stop getting more gunpla.

Now,in real life,the things i love are music,anime,gunpla,reading scifi/fantasy novels and watching riveting tv series like The OC and Battlestar G.So it's nice to meet you all and i look forward to posting in this forum!
codename:v

Ravager: From your posts, I can tell that you like cars...

Sandrum: Hi, my fellow deviant! Welcome aboard!
Ravager

You told right.And of course,i also love Battletech.
Dendrobium Stamen

Looks like I made it here, at last! Like the name says, I'm Dendrobium Stamen, been around the fandom for a good five years or so, and am slowly getting round to watching the Gundam stuff I've yet to see (0080, 08th MST, ZZ, and Turn-A). Also, I admin the Gundam Evolution forums, in between living the fairly-typical life of a British university student.

So, hi!
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
EZero8

Welcome to MechaTalk, Dendrobium Stamen. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wingnut

Always nice to see another admin or mod around from another good Gundam forum. Welcome aboard and look for my name soon as a new member in your place.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.