Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
solzen blue

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Suppose it had to be done sometime or another...

I'm Solzen Blue; been registered here for a year and a handful of months but posted nothing. :P I'm mostly a lurker, though I may contribute every now and then.

Maybe.

Anywho, I love giant robot anime, and been profoundly attached to robots/machines since I was 10 because of my unhealthy TV show choices. I'm currently attending university and studying to be an aerospace engineer. Plus, I'm also 19 and female.

As far as anime actually goes, I've seen a lot of Gundam, Zoids, Evangelion, Eureka Seven, and Full Metal Panic. I'm mostly a Gundam fan, however lately the recent shows have been kinda disappointing. (My fellow fangirls more so, however. I think they'd slash two random guys across the street and write fic about it later if it struck them. x.x;)

I also like Armored Core quite a lot, and Phantom Crash... though no one seems to know what the latter is. ._.

Guess I'll see some of you around then.
Zhflx

I've been browsing the site for about a couple of years and found the forum a while ago and decided to join. So I'm here, commenting, and saying hello.
foxpaws

I lurk most of the time, but I figure saying hi is the polite thing to do.

After six years at a certain Japanese entertainment company, I walked away from the phenomenon vowing to not look back. Still, I can't resist the temptation to check in on the state of the franchise and fandom every now and then. As a fellow fan once observed, you can take the fan out of Gundam, but I guess you can't take the Gundam out of the fan...

-- Keith
Vespaeda

Hello all,

I've lurked here on and off over the last 7 yrs and only recently joined.
I attribute it(joining) mostly to becoming addicted to Gundam after getting hooked on the gunpla kits and a deepening appreciation for the O'Neill Colony science behind the story.

I've been a die-hard Macross fanatic since '83 and have spent almost 5 yrs total working in Japan for the DoD. Oddly enough, I own more Gundam related kits(U.C. timeline)but they are easier to build/mod in detail. I'm really getting a thrill out of adding custom innards and mechanisms to boost the finished model appearance & scale.
My favorite series are 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080 and 0083:Stardust Memory[obsessed w/Cima Garahau!:lol:]
My current projects focus on a non-canon, but technically 'satisfying' build of MS waist/torso articulation and mechanics. I've never been happy with the stiff range of motion of the model kit's torsos compared to the 'anime-magic' that allows the athletic melee combat of the anime.
I've drawn up my own substructure,linkages and actuators and stuffed pilot compartments and mini-reactors in their proper locations, while trying to preserve the 'clap-board' armour appearance of GM/Feddie lines. I like using parts from cell phones, busted VCRs/Disc players, watches and disposable lighters as mechanisms and my preferred scale is 1/144. Currently modding a ReGZ-91 this way, one of my favorites.
Did you know you can make your own 1/144 scale articulated MS hands with copper or flower wire,dental floss, bead jewelry segments, tiny scale bead pull-chain material and Tyvek paper? Resilient, fully poseable and stiff;cheap and versatile, w/real metallic joints compared to 'Poly-Cap' PVC-hand kits.
If I survive my upcoming Afghanistan dep. & a few more yrs. of svc., I'd love to continue building scale SF & anime items and hopefully pass the skills on to others.
Gardner1701

I'm Eric Gardner, been lurking around MAHQ for some time, until I decided to join this motly group. I always liked recoloring Gundams, but kitbashing images....that's a new one for me. I've recently download ACD FotoCanvas....but it won't open.....and I'm in need of help.
TakaTahuNuva

Yo. I guess I'm kinda a newb here, but I've been visiting this place for a while...
ohhhh snap
InVinceAble

I'm InVinceAble.

Drei told me there was Gundam roleplays here, so I came!

Wow, you guys have some thorough rules!
GundamMaker01

Hey guys, I learned about this place through the Gundamn! podcast. Liked what I saw and decided to join. Pretty much it.
I can't stand the weak; They're always nervous about when they'll be next attacked. They can't trust anybody and they never have an opinion of their own. I can't stand such people!

"Hey Nicol! Batter Up!!!" - Kira Yamato

AGC

Been coming to the MAHQ site since 2001 (I think) and been addicted to anime and mechas a bit longer. LOL
Now that i'm an adult I continue to enjoy them.(still a kid at heart)
Also, I'm a artist and aspiring comic book artist.
Eventually I'll like to add some of my mech art and various miscellaneous works.
Addition to that I might decide to do commissions as well.
Free or fee (bargain too) I just might go along and do so someday.

So... nice to meet you all. Cheers! :mrgreen:
fodder

Obligatory Newbie post.

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been a long time fan of MAHQ and have been listening to Gundamn! for just under a month now. I had to bow in humility as I'm the resident mecha anime expert in our gaming group only to listen to the show and realized I missed ALOT of stuff. I'm largely a miniatures gamer. Also, I've used some of MAHQ's info for mecha ports to Heavy Gear (my favorite game). Anywho, just thought I'd show some love to the site and the show.
Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
ShadowCell

Post moved here, 'cuz, y'know, we have an introduction thread already.
fodder

Thanks. No matter how many times I do this I always feel lost on a new forum. :oops:
Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
JakatoX

*Insert Generic Greeting here!*

We got a Great Show Tonight, Special Guest include-Wait!.....this isn't a Talkshow!

*Starts Over*

Hey everybody, My name Is JakatoX and I-*Trips over a wire*

DARN IT!!!

*Take 3*

Alright I think I'm good now!!!......My name is JakatoX, And I'm a Mecha-Holic! From obscure shows from 1970's that are way past my time to the more Recent Awesome Detailed shows of nowaday, you can say I'm a Really huge fan!!!! Personally If I had to give credit to anything that started that passion I'd SRW or as most People know it as Super Robot Wars! Though I'm not talking about the OG Games that are the only ones that come out in english(Those are still good, if you get a chance get them!) I'm talking about the REAL SRWs where it has Almost Every Single Gundam and Super Giant Robot in Mecha History!!!!! Getter Robos Fighting Evas! The Macross Vs. The Nadesico! Mazinger Z Fighting the Original RX-78 Gundam! Dragnar and Layzner on the Same Team! Char fighting Zechs! Villans turning into Good Guys!!!! GaoGaiGar combo attaking with M9s and the Arbalest!!!........And a whole Lot more!

So as you can see that game really influenced me......Though I was a Fan of Mechs before finding out about the game, I became a major fan of them after discovering it!

Besides liking mechs, like an actual person I really do have a job. I help develop computer visual graphic software somewhat, sometimes I get hired to beta test games, Proof-Read Scripts And more Importantly I'm an Ocassional Voice actor for many projects!!! XDD

...So I guess that pretty much sums it up! At least nothing bad happened to that whole thing like the last two attempts to introduce m-*Is Shot in the foot*

........Didn't see that coming.
"Gai Daigoji Tells You To Do a Barrel Roll!!" - Gai Daigoji, Nadesico TPS Episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlbyAOoQR8

(.....That was Definately a Not a Self-Advertisement! XD)
bushboy

Hello, hello, hello!

I've been checking out MAHQ for a very long time, never glanced at the forums tho. I started loving mecha back with Gundam Wing, but I really became obsessed with the videogames like Armored Core, Zone of the Enders, Robot Alchemic Drive, Ring of Red, etc. My favorite Gundam stories take place in UC, aside from the Wing side story: G-Unit. I'm really attracted to the designs and engineering aspects of it all, which you guys seem to be well versed in. Probably won't be that active, but hi anyways!
BESMGundam

Hey. I'm a gundam fan that loves to RP. My favorite system for RPing is found in Big Eyes, Small Mouth. However, I also like the D20 system from D&D 3.5/D20 Modern/Future, Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Shadowrun.
Midi_Amp

Hello everybody... Wow, didn't know there's a lot of lurkers at mahq, adding one up shouldn't stir the pot much. I've been visiting mahq since a couple years back as my refference to collect high grade universal century gundams. But just recently, I was introduced to this amazing (personal) phenomena that is super robot wars og.

Great mixed designs and okay model kits got me instantly hooked, and here I am right now, seeking infos for srw og series as much as I could... Although there doesn't seem to be much info as of now about the ogs here, I need a place to discuss, and I guess no better place than mahq.

I'm from Indonesia, 27 years old, and a fan of srw og.
AnKylo

Just felt like joining a new message board today, so I went with the only part of anime I enjoy anymore, mecha.

I've been a long time fan of robots, but what person born in the eighties wasn't? When it comes to overall mecha, my favorites are Gundam, RoboCop and Mystery Science Theater 3000. I'm also a Gunpla collector and, like the tool I am, usually only buy the MGs (HGs are rather poorly made and seem to fall apart easily). Also a big fan of Virtual On, Armored Core and Super Robot Wars.
ahall88nhl

Yo, what's up?
Well, I'm ahall88nhl, I've been visiting this site off and on for a few years now I think and thought I'd finally start posting, so here I am.
I've been a fan of Gundam since Gundam Wing first showed up on Toonami and since then I've watched just about every series I could find. I'm also in to Code Geass a lot.
I get model kits every now and then, I have mostly HGUC, only have 2 MG, but I have the Exia Ignition Mode on the way and I'm pretty excited about that.
Anyway, I'll be around.
RadoGoji

Hi-dy ho, neighbors! I figured this place would be interesting, so I decided to join up. As far as the mecha genre goes, I'm pretty much mostly Gundam and Macross, but really, anything goes and I'm always up for new things.
Now, your crimes shall be counted!
Thechoort

Hello! I'm a big mecha fan, Gundam in particular. I love pretty much any real robot show, the whole idea is just awesome.

Also i'm big into anime in general. As to what came first for me, my love of mecha or my love of anime? Well....I dunno!