Kazutaka Miyatake's house burned down, designer survives

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
False Prophet

Kazutaka Miyatake's house burned down, designer survives

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainm ... 00425.html

So from what the Facebook group I'm in translate the news: "Kazutaka Miyatake (71), known as a major member of the science fiction animation studio Studio Nue and a pioneering mechanical designer who worked on mechanical designs for the popular anime "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" and other works, had his house in Yokosuka City, Kanagawa Prefecture, catch fire on the afternoon of March 22, and his 60-year-old wife died. The novelist Haruka Takachiho (69), the organizer of Studio Nue, made it clear on Twitter on April 25.

"This is Studio Nue. The Mr. and Mrs. Watanabe in this news are our own Kazutaka Miyatake and his wife. Miyatake is in the hospital, but his life is not in danger. We would like to inform you that we sincerely pray for the repose of his wife's soul." (Original text)

Mr. Miyatake was involved in the mechanical design of many popular anime such as "Space Battleship Yamato" and "Space Pirate Captain Harlock"."

My best wishes to Miyatake. I hope that he will recover soon and not encounter any complications in the hospital.
Kuruni

Re: Kazutaka Miyatake's house burned down, designer survives

This is sad. :(
My girlfriend was a loli.
Underrated GM Custom

What a tremendous loss, I can't imagine how hard that must be. I wish him well and pray for a full recovery.
SonicSP

My condolences. Rough situation for him and what happened to his wife.