So Fandom.com Deleted My Mecha Wiki

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TezukaSensei

So Fandom.com Deleted My Mecha Wiki

I am admin of the Mecha Project and its wiki, Geronimo: The Mecha Knowledgebase. You can learn about my wiki in my previous thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15124
The URL for Geronimo WAS: https://mechaanime.fandom.com/
Unfortunately there has been a setback, so I felt the need to post a new thread here.

Apparently, without communication or any warning, fandom.com deleted our wiki Geronimo. I have much if it backed up, but I could use some help:
1. If anyone can find cached pages of the wiki that would be very helpful. I need a copy of the megalist from 2020. The waybackmachine's newest snapshot is from may 2019. Also I could use any cached copies of the anime creator pages, (I have recovered Go Nagai's page already.)
2. Obviously trying to rebuild the wiki on fandom.com is a BAD idea. So now I'm going to have to find a new wiki host. If anyone has any ideas feel free to msg me.

The Mecha Project's discord server is still very much alive: https://discord.gg/EJGDgcW
I'm also probably going to create a subreddit for The Mecha Project as well.
MythSearcher

Re: So Fandom.com Deleted My Mecha Wiki

TezukaSensei wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm I am admin of the Mecha Project and its wiki, Geronimo: The Mecha Knowledgebase. You can learn about my wiki in my previous thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15124
The URL for Geronimo WAS: https://mechaanime.fandom.com/
Unfortunately there has been a setback, so I felt the need to post a new thread here.

Apparently, without communication or any warning, fandom.com deleted our wiki Geronimo. I have much if it backed up, but I could use some help:
1. If anyone can find cached pages of the wiki that would be very helpful. I need a copy of the megalist from 2020. The waybackmachine's newest snapshot is from may 2019. Also I could use any cached copies of the anime creator pages, (I have recovered Go Nagai's page already.)
2. Obviously trying to rebuild the wiki on fandom.com is a BAD idea. So now I'm going to have to find a new wiki host. If anyone has any ideas feel free to msg me.

The Mecha Project's discord server is still very much alive: https://discord.gg/EJGDgcW
I'm also probably going to create a subreddit for The Mecha Project as well.
I have had them deleting a page I created before as well, I can kinda guess why(I created the page but didn't update it for like months or years after the first few edits.) But the current version I recreated with many more stuff in it where left untouched for almost 3 years and wasn't deleted.(Likely also because someone else had some edits)
Do you get a message about the deletion, or it just suddenly disappear without reasons? If so, I will also have to move to somewhere else.
Dark Duel

Man, I’d better back up all the stuff from the wiki I made for my fanfic then.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Did you contact Fandom's staff? Even when they deleted a cesspool like Crappy Games Wiki, they keep backup for migration.
My girlfriend was a loli.
False Prophet

Kuruni wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:53 am Did you contact Fandom's staff? Even when they deleted a cesspool like Crappy Games Wiki, they keep backup for migration.
Wait, Crappy Game Wiki was deleted? I used to frequent there years ago.It isn't a surprise, though. The relationship between the editors and Fandom has been bad ever since things like intrusive videos started popping up. It only makes more people moved to Gamepress or other wiki sites.
Kuruni

False Prophet wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:10 am Wait, Crappy Game Wiki was deleted? I used to frequent there years ago.It isn't a surprise, though. The relationship between the editors and Fandom has been bad ever since things like intrusive videos started popping up. It only makes more people moved to Gamepress or other wiki sites.
The funniest thing from that is Command & Conquer Wiki, which moved to Gamepedia... which is now merged with Fandom :p .
My girlfriend was a loli.