Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Used to be a pretty big star wars fan back in the late 90s and early to mid 2000s but for some reason I have not been able to connect with the new movies. I liked The Force Awakens and saw it 3 times in the theater but then it just felt like a rehash of the original movies(it was the plan after all) . The trailers of that movie made it seem like it was going to be dark or more serious but the humor was a bit off for me. For the Last Jedi I was expecting Luke to do something but he was pretty useless up until the end but it was not until Mark Hamill was doing interviews(right next to the director) and saying that he was against all Ryan Johnson did and how Luke was portrayed that I just started to lose interest in the series. The new starships and weapons just look meh to me with the new Resurgent-class Star Destroyer being my favorite design. I think another big factor in tons of people turning against star wars is the people in youtube attacking it(they have tons of followers) and even my boys at Redlettermedia. It is pretty sad, I remember watching Star Wars as a kid with my dad and bonding, dressing up as jedi and playing star wars video games but even he did not like the new disney stuff and he saw the original movie as a teen(he saw it 8 times!!!! at the theater).
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!