Captain America: Civil War

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Destiny_Gundam

Captain America: Civil War

Aka Avengers 2.5. Seriously, everyone but Thor and Hulk is going to be in this movie.

I have high hopes after how amazing Winter Soldier was and it should be a good warm up for the team before they do Infinity War.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SNT1

Re: Captain America: Civil War

When they say everyone (minus a few, like aformentioned Thor and Hulk), they say most everyone from AoU, plus everyone from Winter Solider, plus rumored few like Black Panther, Spider-Man and more new castings (Martin Freeman just joined this week).

The billings for this movie will be the most insane ever seen in cinema.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

Black Panther was confirmed back when Phase 3 was announced.

I was most surprised to hear that General Ross is going to be in it. Maybe Hulk will show up after all...
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Antares

I hope its good. It's one of the better storyarchs Marvel managed, dealing with very real geopolitical issues at the time (and some might argue that still persist today, but rules say "no politics" :P ) and extrapolating them to the comics. I'm a bit concerned, though, that very few of the Marvel movies thus far have done a good job in addressing complex social issues (personal issues are discussed on a regular basis). Like SNT1 said, the cast alone will be mindblowing to the extent that it will be difficult to give everyone of them the space they need. I have my hopes up, but I'm also quite anxious.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Zeonista

I really did not like the comic book story line, but that had less to do with the premise and more to do with the story getting progressively out of hand. Lots of OOC development and plot events made for shock instead of sensible progression and crisis management. Of course, some other readers might say that the lack of sensible progression was the point. :P

Having said that, I have great confidence in the Marvel Movie Universe. The trailer looked great, and the teased story made sense in-universe. Building the story from Winter Soldier and Agents of SHIELD is a good progression. Bucky is going to be nothing but trouble for Cap, and trying to win him over instead of punishing him like a "proper Avenger" is going to make waves, yeah... If the Incredible Hulk and Thor don't show up, that is OK, there are more than enough supers from the looks of things to keep things going. And I am sure that there will be some while-he-cat's-away scenes with villains to remind us the in-house war is helping no one do their job properly. (And flog further movies, of course! ;))
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
YokozunaBulldozer

Well, saw the new trailer and chanted "Take my money Marvel. Take it all".
What about you guys?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dark Duel

HO. LY. CRAP.
I literally have nothing to complain about in terms of quality for this movie, judging from the trailers so far - especially this one. I still hate Hawkeye's outfit from the promotional material for this movie, but that's an aethetics thing. Other than that and what it looks like happens to Rhodey, I got nothin'.
That said, as utterly, unilaterally EPIC as that entire trailer was, IMO quite possibly the most awesome part?

"Hey, everyone."
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Henyo

i'm not much into Comics and their movie versions but i do check in from time to time.

SO, why are ze peeps complaining about Spidey's costume? it even got featured in the local late night news. it looks fine to me. though i do agree that it resembles the 60s spidey cartoon.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
YokozunaBulldozer

Henyo wrote:i'm not much into Comics and their movie versions but i do check in from time to time.

SO, why are ze peeps complaining about Spidey's costume? it even got featured in the local late night news. it looks fine to me. though i do agree that it resembles the 60s spidey cartoon.
Same. I love the new suit. And them eyes. :)
SNT1

Hype is through the roof on this one.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Omnislayer

The reviews for this movie are crazy positive right now. this is truly the anti-BvS.
PSN- blackatt66
Steam- omni_slayer
Henyo

gonna watch this nest sunday. in the meantime, i'll enjoy the parodies of that certain Civil War poster.(i'm planning on making a Magical Girl version of it)

there's also this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... rs/.101562
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
SNT1

Can't believe the non-hype in here! :lol: I am pretty sure this is dangerously close to being my most favorite MCU movie, heck any superhero movie, of all time. I can't believe I'm as hyped for the next Spider-Man movie as I am with someone who's much lesser known such as Black Panther. Those two killed it in this movie.

Zack Snyder should take notes on how to make a superhero movie done right.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

it's how a superhero-vs-superhero movie is supposed to be done.

also for some reason now more than ever i want a Black Widow movie.
ChaoticSheep1

I think the movie suffered from having too much to focus on and having to switch between the Civil War and stopping Zemo. Not as much as alot people are making it out to be. But it still suffered.

This movie however has been my favourite so far... contending with Ant Man. I also haven't seen Avengers 2 or Cap 1 or 2. But from the little I've seen of Winter Soldier it might just be better then CW for me.

ShadowCell wrote:
also for some reason now more than ever i want a Black Widow movie.
The movies haven't really made her interesting enough to warrant one I feel. Unless thats the point.
YokozunaBulldozer

Spidey, Black Panther, and Ant-Man was what really sold it for me to the point where I comtemplated buying those high-end action figures for a moment.
Zemo was awesome too.
SNT1

This movie however has been my favourite so far... contending with Ant Man. I also haven't seen Avengers 2 or Cap 1 or 2. But from the little I've seen of Winter Soldier it might just be better then CW for me.
CACW is highly enjoyable on it's own, but if there were two highly essential movies to watch before CACW, it's Avengers AoU and CA Winter Soldier. In many ways this is a direct sequel to both of those movies.

But yeah, Ant Man is gold.
Spidey, Black Panther, and Ant-Man was what really sold it for me to the point where I comtemplated buying those high-end action figures for a moment.
Zemo was awesome too.
I'll buy all the LEGO versions :mrgreen:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
thehod

Easily in the Top 5 of the Marvel movies.

I enjoyed it plenty with ant-man, spiderman, and black panther really shining. Those 3 alone would be worth price of admission.

The best thing about it all was, everyone who had their reasons for fighting had a point. They all made a good argument as to why they were fighting.