Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I finished S3 as well, 1st half was good and fast paced, I thought they were building up to take actual sides in the Civil War. But the Hive story was not as awesome as I hoped, if only because he's too powerful to be left alone to SHIELD, I know Avengers have a little problem of their own, as well as Thor and Hulk being somewhere else, but it was too much of a world-ending problem to be ignored by major, movie characters and players. The Civil War tie-in, I was expecting to be a Winter Soldier-level shake-up, is nothing more than Talbot coming in and saying the Sokovia Accords are a thing now. Disappointed at that.

2nd concern, and this is a big one, is that rumors are spreading that AoS may be written off out of the MCU canon. I think it's largely false, but it didn't help that Chloe Bennet came out saying something along the lines of "movie guys don't care about us" and their show is not connected. But she can also be just drunk/high, like she always seem to be in some of these interviews/events :lol: Civil War/Infinity War writers also point out the difficulty of matching up with the show's schedules versus the movies, because the movies are shot in advance (almost up to a year in advance) while an ABC show episode's like 3-4 weeks in advance. Netflix guys are less of a problem here, I think, because their scheduling and release mirrors more like that of a movie.

With Agent Carter axed, Marvel's Most Wanted axed, and AoS moving to a death sentence timeslot as mentioned earlier, I feel like Marvel Studios is quietly killing of the ABC TV shows, which is honestly the least favorite of fans, and slowly writing them off the canon while they're at it, deeming the ABC spinoffs a quiet failure. I hope not, but if that's the case bring Coulson and also Daisy to the big screen. She did become a SHIELD director in the comics, after all, and has powers enough to hang with the best of them.

BTW, Fitz. EMP'ing Garrett at the end of S1, Piping Gordon at the end of S2 and whacking budget Magneto with an invisible handgun at the end of S3, I just feel sorry for the guy he faces at the end of S4.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Areku

SNT1 wrote:2nd concern, and this is a big one, is that rumors are spreading that AoS may be written off out of the MCU canon.
Also, Rise of the Inhumans, which seemed to be the upcoming movie most closely associated with events in AoS and originally scheduled for 2018, has seemingly been canceled/postponed until at least 2020.
SNT1

Areku wrote:
SNT1 wrote:2nd concern, and this is a big one, is that rumors are spreading that AoS may be written off out of the MCU canon.
Also, Rise of the Inhumans, which seemed to be the upcoming movie most closely associated with events in AoS and originally scheduled for 2018, has seemingly been canceled/postponed until at least 2020.
Rumors has it that Feige has been attempting the same magic that he did with Sony/Spidey on Fox/Fantastic 4 rights. If that's true then they really don't need Inhumans since F4 gives you enough ammo and characters to build up to a credible threat to MCU after Thanos with Doom, Silver Surfer and of course Galactus. Also, Inhumans first appeared on F4 so they can be a part of that.

But again, these are just rumors.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ChaoticSheep1

So I just started watching this. I'm up to season 2. I've noticed that the fighting and animation have gotten progressively better as the series has gone along so has the acting and comedy. Seems like the show so far just gets better and better. So far the shows pretty average though.

I'm not a fan of Skye. Shes rather obnoxious. Does she get better? Does the show get better?
battletech

ChaoticSheep1 wrote:So I just started watching this. I'm up to season 2. I've noticed that the fighting and animation have gotten progressively better as the series has gone along so has the acting and comedy. Seems like the show so far just gets better and better. So far the shows pretty average though.

I'm not a fan of Skye. Shes rather obnoxious. Does she get better? Does the show get better?
Skye? I never had a problem with her but others who had say she got less annoying. Show? I think so. You said it yourself in your own viewing that it's getting better. I personally think that continues with a few downs. Like a certain character and he's relationship with another. I think the latest season ended on the shows highest note. One thing that really got worse was the connection with the rest of the MCU. The best it did was a Thor character guest star and some Fury cameos. Nothing else really connecting it to the MCU has happened.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Areku

battletech wrote:Nothing else really connecting it to the MCU has happened.
What about that time they called in the Avengers on von Strucker's compound? And how else would we know there's enough SHIELD remnants to hide a Helicarrier? And that one comment from Vision in Civil War?

...And that's about where the connections end.
Destiny_Gundam

Well it's confirmed that Ghost Rider is coming to AoS. Not the Johnny Blaze one, though.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Destiny_Gundam

GHOST RIDER IN DA HOUSE! That was a pretty great debut and he's looking pretty awesome.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ankyzop

Phil's actions make sense. Ward isn't a person to him anymore. He's a resource. He kept him around for intel and now he saw a way to use him for a better gain. Makes sense to me. He doesn't care if Ward lives or dies at this point.
Chris
Administrator

ankyzop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:47 am Phil's actions make sense. Ward isn't a person to him anymore. He's a resource. He kept him around for intel and now he saw a way to use him for a better gain. Makes sense to me. He doesn't care if Ward lives or dies at this point.
Don't resurrect a six year old thread.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his