Real-Life Mars

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Real-Life Mars

NASA's Curiosity rover landed safely after being lowered from it's descent stage and is ready to start roaming the Martian surface. Hopefully it won't run into any ELS or Vagans.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kenji

Re: Real-Life Mars

Or those fiendish Mars Rays... oogly boogly boogly!!

(has a Gundam series ever pushed "guys, we should just stay home" as hard as AGE seems to be?)

Real world, though, I'm awaiting the end analysis of this mission. Mars is an interesting place and probably the most reasonable first destination for colonization. If mankind can settle on Mars, then our future will be nigh-automatically lengthened.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

i'm very proud of humanity right now because less than an hour after Curiosity landed on Mars, the images it sent back to Earth were already being Photoshopped to contain ponies and xenomorphs and stuff.
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

Can't wait for the Orbital Frames! :mrgreen: (Go space-racism? :| )

In all seriousness, I'm proud of the human race. From living in fear of aliens with tri-pods to a Transformers film (okay, I'm not so proud of that) to finally seeing for ourselves that our Earthian sci-fi is well and truely busted. I commend thee, human!

Although, if I'm to be honest, I'll be more impressed when the manned missions and terra-forming start, if they start. Hope we don't run into those Doctor Who water-parasite-things.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
Malcadon

I'm still hoping for sexy naked, green-skin martian chicks. How sad it would be if we put all that time, money and talent into seeding the monster of all R/C cars out there, and all we find are some cruddy old fossils? Yeah, NASA would make the daddy of all finds, but without the alien chicks, the celebration would feel moot. :mrgreen: