Transformers the movie thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Locked
Nagato21
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:46 am
Location: Dakar, Senegal

Post by Nagato21 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm

NOOO What did those monsters did to Starscream? :x
I mean look at him his bulky and fat
The real Starcream should be elegant, fast, well balanced with a grin of ambition.
That thing is supose to be Megatron rival. Damn this sucks :?
Anyway Megatron looks awesome, Optimus Prime is still his old classic self.
I just hope they fix Starscream, either way the movie shows some good potentia
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!

codename:v

Post by codename:v » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:08 am

Well, at least now we all know that Starscream and the APUs (why does it sounds like ah-poo) are related.

User avatar
bluemax151
Posts: 615
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:41 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Post by bluemax151 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:15 am

I'm glad I'm not a big transformers fan. This movie looks like it's going to be disappointing to say the least.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010

User avatar
Revan Vrake
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:39 am

Post by Revan Vrake » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:21 am

Well, that image of Starscream has the design semi-crouching, at least to my eyes. So there is a chance the actual robot is taller.

Megatron reminds me of Godzilla for some reason, I don't know why...

User avatar
Nagi
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 am
Location: Georgia, strummin' mah duelin' banjo
Contact:

Post by Nagi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Revan Vrake wrote:Megatron reminds me of Godzilla for some reason, I don't know why...
The way the metal is contoured probably reminds you of the odd way Godzilla's skin had all those grooves in it. Or at least that's my guess; now that you've mentioned it, I see a similar likeness.

User avatar
solid snake
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Audubon, PA
Contact:

Post by solid snake » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:21 pm

Here's some more pictures of the various Transformers as well as some production photos:

http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/transformers/
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.

Strike Zero
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Becoming a Gundam

Post by Strike Zero » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:48 pm

Well, it looks like they fixed up Starscream a little bit. He looks much cooler and more sinister now. :twisted:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

User avatar
Shinji103
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Post by Shinji103 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:39 pm

Transformers movie trailer: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transfo ... xxBY5fVXcA

Hmm, looking at that trailer, I must say that I have mixed feelings. While I'm overjoyed Transformes the live action movie is really coming:

It seems like it's going to be quite different from the original TV series. (not really a bad thing on its own)

It seems like the overall mood will be much darker. It seems we'll see the Decepticons killing humans and such, like that one scene in the trailer with that drill-arm sneaking up on a human soldier. This in turn is going to crank up the age rating on the movie, which might have adverse effects.

The mecha designs are, well, ugly in comparison to the TV series. Granted, physically speaking, Transformers can't look that cool and sleek in robot form and at the same time transform so neatly into sleekm neat vehicle forms. But it just looks odd.

User avatar
wing zero alpha
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Contact:

Post by wing zero alpha » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:42 pm

I rather like the new designs, even if they are a bit out there. At least they kept true to Optimus' original form to a degree. Also, since most of the original Transformers fans are now pretty much in their teenage or adult years, I don't think the heightened rating will be a problem.

User avatar
RGM-79G GM Command
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: RGM-89J Jegan cockpit.
Contact:

Post by RGM-79G GM Command » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:10 am

I agree that it looks great, but I really don't like the new designs either. I just hope they can actually aim their weapons, when compared to the newer shows that is. (IMO it seems like they miss all the time except for when one of them shows up for the first time and owns the others. :roll: )
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!

User avatar
Ascension
Posts: 1474
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:50 pm

Post by Ascension » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:50 am

Wow... The still pics didn't impress me much, but now that I see the new designs in motion... I love them... They look so robotic, so sinister, not like the friendly-looking, brightly-colored original designs... although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.

User avatar
SNT1
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Post by SNT1 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:10 am

I think I saw the Camaro Concept car :D

anyways, looks good. While I'm no fan of Transformers, as a 'casual' viewer so to speak, I think it looks great. I know what O. Prime looks like, and seeing it rendered like it is in the movie just makes me wanna see more.

User avatar
Heretic
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: Behind the Sofa to escape from the Daleks.

Post by Heretic » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:24 am

It has my interest. But after seeing that trailer my first thought was “I want a BattleTech Movie.”
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!

User avatar
wing zero alpha
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Contact:

Post by wing zero alpha » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:32 am

Ascension wrote:although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Considering that the Autobots are all designed around sports cars or rescue vehicles whereas the Decepticons are all military weapons (aside from the one that's a police car), I think it's fairly easy to tell which are the good guys and which are the bad guys.

User avatar
Shinji103
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Post by Shinji103 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:29 am

wing zero alpha wrote:Also, since most of the original Transformers fans are now pretty much in their teenage or adult years, I don't think the heightened rating will be a problem.
I was talking about the mood of the original series. The old fans of the original Transformers might be put off by a higher age rating because they were probably looking forward to a more loyal retelling of the original Transformers. A darker mood, or even slight gore as hinted by the trailer, might put off fans of the old series, as we all know that there are people who like to stick with tradition.

wing zero alpha wrote:
Ascension wrote:although I think I would have used a different design style for the Autobots, made them look a bit less threatening, a bit more like "good guys"...
Considering that the Autobots are all designed around sports cars or rescue vehicles whereas the Decepticons are all military weapons (aside from the one that's a police car), I think it's fairly easy to tell which are the good guys and which are the bad guys.
I think his point was more about sticking with tradition than it was about being able to discern the Autobots from the Decepticons.


Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.

User avatar
SNT1
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

Post by SNT1 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:44 am

Shinji103 wrote:Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.
look on the bright side; at least it's not "Step out of the vehicle, or we will destroy you."

:shock: :roll:

User avatar
wing zero alpha
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: 10th Division HQ, Seireitei
Contact:

Post by wing zero alpha » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 am

Shinji103 wrote:I was talking about the mood of the original series. The old fans of the original Transformers might be put off by a higher age rating because they were probably looking forward to a more loyal retelling of the original Transformers. A darker mood, or even slight gore as hinted by the trailer, might put off fans of the old series, as we all know that there are people who like to stick with tradition.
So far that hasn't been the case. Most of the complaints going around are for the designs, not around the fact the Decepticons are actually killing people (which they were technically trying to do in G1 but was never depicted due to the target age). Besides, from what I've seen on the trailer, the worst that can happen is Transformers getting a PG-13 rating, and even then that would be light compared to most movies out there.

And as far as "mood" goes, people go for the darker atmosphere. Why do you think the original Transformers Movie is such a cult classic?
I think his point was more about sticking with tradition than it was about being able to discern the Autobots from the Decepticons.
I know what he meant, but then the original Decepticons weren't that far from the original Autobots either.
Also, one line in that trailer that just sounded kinda stupid: "Step out of the vehicle or we will kill you." It just sounds stupid and awkward, since what they would actually say is "Step out of the vehicle or we will open fire" or something closer to those lines. Not a big thing, but it just sounds stupid. Like hearing Heero telling Relena "I'll destroy you" in the Cartoon Network edits of Gundam Wing. Just bleh.
I actually thought it made sense to say "kill", considering Blackout pretty much flew into a US Air Force base unannounced and most likely not generating the right IFF (which would scare more than one air traffic controller), although I also admit it does sound a little awkward.

User avatar
Shinji103
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Post by Shinji103 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:09 am

wing zero alpha wrote:So far that hasn't been the case. Most of the complaints going around are for the designs, not around the fact the Decepticons are actually killing people (which they were technically trying to do in G1 but was never depicted due to the target age). Besides, from what I've seen on the trailer, the worst that can happen is Transformers getting a PG-13 rating, and even then that would be light compared to most movies out there.
Possibly only because we don't know for sure it will be more violent. We do know for sure what the mecha designs look like though, so naturally we're hearing things about that. But people aren't going to start big discussions about stuff they don't know is going to happen for sure.

This isn't most movies out there. This is the Transformers movie. A series which has a tradition of not being dark. Even the Japanese Transformers animes weren't dark-mooded, and we all know they could have been quite dark if they'd wanted, lol.
wing zero alpha wrote:And as far as "mood" goes, people go for the darker atmosphere. Why do you think the original Transformers Movie is such a cult classic?
The original Transformers didn't have a dark atmosphere like the one this movie seems like it might have. I'm talking about how some, maybe even many people won't like a darker mood and would have preferred to be more traditional. We know these types of people are out there.

User avatar
Lert
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:19 am

Post by Lert » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:26 am

Shinji103 wrote: I'm talking about how some, maybe even many people won't like a darker mood and would have preferred to be more traditional. We know these types of people are out there.
'These types of people' huh .. hehehe. :D

Yes, that is true. And those 'types of people' won't much like the movie if it's darker in mood than the original cartoon. But I'm not one of them. Also, a darker mood might bring in new fans, because there's also 'those types of people' ..
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.

User avatar
Scyron
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:55 am
Location: minnesota
Contact:

Post by Scyron » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:37 am

Maybe Megatron will kill a human, lord knows he theatens too but never did in the TV series. Hell a handicapped kid took some plans and emailed some other guy them and when Megatron cought wind of it all he did was stop Starscream from killing the human.

Locked