Transformers the movie thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Lowind

Definitely. Transformers has to be THE movie of 2007. CGI, story and pretty much is way above all the other blockbusters thus far. And oh yea, Starscream FTW.
Magician man

Heretic wrote:Why do they hurt us so?! What spawn of hell hath created such a wretched soul that would conceived of such an unholy taint upon our beloved childhood memories!
Well put Heretic, well put.
Nagi

Magician man wrote:
Heretic wrote:Why do they hurt us so?! What spawn of hell hath created such a wretched soul that would conceived of such an unholy taint upon our beloved childhood memories!
Well put Heretic, well put.
Do you have anything else to add aside from an inane agreement with a troll post?

If not, I suggest you keep quiet until you have something of your own to add to the discussion.
razgriz

it will be nice to see a summer movie thats not under pressure to live up to its prequels, that way transformers can set its own standard for its sequels to try and live up to. so long as i never have to hear optimus prime say "get out of the way hot rod" then ill be satisfied :wink:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Ravager

I definitely agree with Lowind, vakuz and codename:v, this movie is easily THE best movie of 2007. It just blew me away after i watched it yesterday night. I didn't even feel the need to use the restroom like my dad warned for its 2-and-a-half-hour length. The moment i heard that iconic transformation sound, i knew Michael Bay won't disappoint the audience.

Decepticons and Autobots OWN! The human actors also give very good performances and there's plenty of laughter to go around throughout the whole movie. The Camaro and Solstice are hot cars and i wish they're available in Malaysia. Great eye-candy, there. What i don't get is, if the Allspark is supposed to give life to machines, why is it that everytime the machines it affects are turned into Decepticons and not Autobots?

And there's definitely sequels galore for this one. All remaining Autobots make their way to Earth, so that'll be covered in the CN animated series. Megatron's ending is SO gonna turn him into Galvatron in the 2nd movie.

p.s. I love Jazz! He never died before, but it really rankled me that he does here. No more hot Solstice and no more "Yo, bitches!" Awesome introduction of the Autobots!
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
Zenstrive

I love TRANSFORMERS (2007) !

Here's hoping that someone will have the guts to steal Gundam franchise away from Bandai/Sunrise and take it apart, rebuild it, remake it, repaint it, and throw it at us with the sheer FANTASTICNESS that is Michael Bay's touch on our dear old Optimus Prime and his fellow Cybertronians!

Cheers for the revival of Old-School Transfomers funs! Cheers for Mobile Suit Gundam, live action movie!
Ravager

With that kind of technology, i'd say Battletech movies are more feasible than Gundam. It's more American and has a larger fanbase in America.
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
codename:v

Seriously, I had no idea why the AllSpark only produces hostile transformers (especially that Nokia bugger) Maybe because Megatron already set it to decepticon by default and Bumblebee hasn't aligns it back to normal...
Ravager, the idea of having muscle cars in our country is foolish as our roads are... you know, extremely congested at peak hours and not to mention potholes everywhere.
Can't wait for the sequels as they thought about bringing in the dinobots and constructicons into the show.
Heretic

Ravager wrote:With that kind of technology, i'd say Battletech movies are more feasible than Gundam. It's more American and has a larger fanbase in America.
Seconded!

And FASA/Wizkids or whoever the hell owns it now is more likely to sell out like they have before. But it had better not be that Dark Age crap. I want Succession Wars ya hear me!
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Ravager

the idea of having muscle cars in our country is foolish as our roads are... you know, extremely congested at peak hours and not to mention potholes everywhere.
Yeah, not to mention the way people drive here! But is the Camara a muscle car? I thought that cool car would be normal here 'coz it's like the same class as a Celica or Perdana, but obviously better :P
But it had better not be that Dark Age crap. I want Succession Wars ya hear me!
Agreed!

Either let it be the Star League era with Coruscant-style fleet battles or the 4th Succession War when armies of Mechs were pounding the crap out of each other!

Anyways, IIRC the DAVE school of arts students made a demo clip using current technology to make a MW movie. The clip looked awesome!
Nightwing03

I just saw transformers yesterday, and the whole time i was on the edge of my seat in the cinema :shock:

The movie was stunning, awesome battle scenes and even a good storyline!
♣♦♠♥
swordoath

Still hasn't hit in my area. Supposedly there's a single showing tomorrow evening, but I opted for the day after as tickets are less than half price on Tuesdays. :P
SNT1

Yeah, not to mention the way people drive here! But is the Camara a muscle car? I thought that cool car would be normal here 'coz it's like the same class as a Celica or Perdana, but obviously better
It's a Chevy Camaro. A US Musclecar with its heydey in the 60s and early 70s, died in early 2000, but Chevy is bringing it back. Obviously this movie = advertisement for Camaro as well lol xD

It's much better and faster than a Celica, too.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Aegis

swordoath wrote:Still hasn't hit in my area. Supposedly there's a single showing tomorrow evening, but I opted for the day after as tickets are less than half price on Tuesdays. :P
I'm more concerned about the line ups, be it during sneak peak or opening day. I'd like to see the movie, but I'm not that desperate. ;p
wing zero alpha

Aegis wrote:I'm more concerned about the line ups, be it during sneak peak or opening day. I'd like to see the movie, but I'm not that desperate. ;p
The trick is to go in either in the morning or at noon; those are the lightest crowds you'll see for any movie.
razgriz

yup i will be sacrificing my usual day sleep in order to catch the freakin movie ive been waiting for patiently since i first saw the teaser trailer!! ahhh just 1 more day! :D
(setsuna giggling)
swordoath

Aegis wrote:I'm more concerned about the line ups, be it during sneak peak or opening day. I'd like to see the movie, but I'm not that desperate. ;p
Advance tickets work wonders to alleviate standing in line. I grabbed them today for Tuesday's show. :wink:
exxecutor000

have a good time watching it last nite :wink:

Just i have trouble to differentiate which is autobots/decepticons during that intense final battle. Wish they have more colour in robot-mode.

Must get the DVD once on the shelf :)
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
razgriz

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was good, star wars good! :D i literally felt like standing up the whole time, screw sitting down!! the TFs looked amazing seeing them on screen, their new forms were just perfect for it. Megatron was sweeeet, less darth vader than palpatine in that he was just raw evil, he reminded me of a twisted, demonic form of his G1 look and as far as im convinced he would pwn his G1 predecessor. and Starscream, nothing much needs to be said about him other than he rules the sky, those poor f-22s didnt have a chance. like i said before, humanity would be major league screwed initially if it had to face giant robots, initially :wink: bring on the sequel!!
(setsuna giggling)
Malancthon

codename:v wrote:Seriously, I had no idea why the AllSpark only produces hostile transformers (especially that Nokia bugger) Maybe because Megatron already set it to decepticon by default and Bumblebee hasn't aligns it back to normal...
Ironhide asks Prime about why bothering saving humans, since we're primative, barbaric, destructive, et al. Prime says so were the Transformers once. Since the All-Spark is what created the Transformers, maybe they all started off initially as Decepticon-minded, then worked hard to transcend their barbaric nature to become the life-protecting Autobots we know and love.

Leaves Me to think the All-Spark isn't a unique device. Heh, maybe Quintessons built it as a means to develop weapons. Drop off the All-Spark on a planet, watch chaos bloom, sell the devastated planet. Okay, maybe no Quintessons (INNOCENT), but something similier, letting Prime and the Autobots find another All-Spark, or even make a new one (Sector 7 was able to quantify and isolate the radiaton to make the Nokia bugger) so that Cybertron could be reborn.

Anyway, here's hoping having the All-Spark shoved into Megatron's chest will just result in him being remade as Galvatron in a sequel.
The School of the Undefeated of the East!
The Winds of the King!
Zenshin! Keiretsu!
Tempa Kyoran!
Look! The East is burning red!