The Official Sign In/Out Thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Kishiria

They kept changing the date on me over and over so I didn't post about this at first. Then I was sent to Ft. Benning with no WiFi and computers that blocked this site as one that has objectionable content!

Right now I'm sitting in an airport waiting to be shipped out to Kuwait. I'll be gone for a year. However I'm working hard on fanfic and intend to keep up on the Gundamn! podcasts.

I expect my fics will have an extra layer of realism now.

EDIT: For everyone who is taking an extended leave of absence from the forum, and everyone who is returning from one, this is the thread to let us know. Other threads will be moved here.

Original post edited because of some timestamp funkiness.

~ShadowCell
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Red Comet90

Re: Off on deployment

Mechatalk has objectionable content? That is blasphemy! :lol:

I wish you the best of luck overseas.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Ryujin

Red Comet90 wrote:Mechatalk has objectionable content?
Must be referring to some of the forum members, no doubt. :roll:

Nevertheless, stay safe & on your toes, Kishiria. Local customs, laws & all that...
ShadowCell

For everyone who is taking an extended leave of absence from the forum, and everyone who is returning from one, this is the thread to let us know. Other threads will be moved here.
ZeroBusterXX

Ryujin wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:Mechatalk has objectionable content?
Must be referring to some of the forum members, no doubt. :roll:

Nevertheless, stay safe & on your toes, Kishiria. Local customs, laws & all that...
A few names do come to mind when I think "objectionable content" around here.

Kishiria, thanks for serving our country, many of the members of my family have served in the armed forces and I am truly thankful. Good luck overseas.
Kishiria

Deployed

This little event in my life has taken more twists and turns than a roller coaster. I didn't know for sure that I was going until June 14, when I was informed that I was leaving June 18.

So after a week in Fort Benning to pick up equipment, shots, documents, etc, here I am in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. I'm a JAG paralegal so I'm here to work on document production for some large Freedom of Information Act cases. I'll be here for a year.

I've been working like a big dog on fanfic. I don't like my fellow enlisted who were in the group who shipped with me (they were cross-leveled in, which means they were from different units than mine) and I believe it or not have my own room, so I spend a lot of time alone.

I did some "overseas" time earlier this year in Honduras, so I plan on getting back to work on "Quinto Sol" too. No, I had nothing to do with the coup.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
fodder

Re: Deployed

Good luck and stay safe. (not that you won't, but you know what I mean... I hope)
Please state the nature of the medical emergency.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: The Official Sign In/Out Thread

I suppose I'm the first one using this thread for ShadowCell's altered purpose. As you may have heard by now, my old computer (ZeroSystem) overheated and died on me. But my new one finally came in today after a lot of bullshit. I named it ZeroSystem (Seraphic Custom). It's a Dell XPS. Here are some of the stats:
i7 processor, 2.66GHz
6GB DDR3 SDRAM
500GB hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB
Soundblaster x-fi Xtreme
Vista 64 bit
Bluray combo drive
Photoshop Elements 7.0 (...i'm not even sure this is the right thing i needed. looks about the same....)
*other random things I don't care to mention

Okay, so after ZeroSystem is all settled I'm going to go on a posting spree. Hope that doesn't hurt anyone too bad. =o

And yes, you have my best wishes, Kishiria! =)
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Red Comet90

Seraphic wrote:Okay, so after ZeroSystem is all settled I'm going to go on a posting spree. Hope that doesn't hurt anyone too bad. =o
As long as your Zero System doesn't drive any of us insane or control an army of Virgo IIs we should be fine. :mrgreen:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Red Comet90 wrote:
Seraphic wrote:Okay, so after ZeroSystem is all settled I'm going to go on a posting spree. Hope that doesn't hurt anyone too bad. =o
As long as your Zero System doesn't drive any of us insane or control an army of Virgo IIs we should be fine. :mrgreen:
Didn't you see the stats on this beast? It could do both with ease! =p

And those with good memory might recall that I named my wireless network EpyonSystem. Terrible, terrible things happen when one person controls both. :twisted: :wink:
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Gadget

It's been quite some time for me to come back here. What happen was I got a finger tenden cut. Which means that my ring finger on my RIGHT hand could not move. I have to get it surgical fix. And my right hand was in a splint for 2 months.
My finger could move now. My wrist movement is about 95% normal. During that time, I could only use my left hand to type and use the mouse. So I have to learn to do things with my left hand.
And my daughter is about 10 months old now. So my baby girl and a semi lefty, I was a bit tired to come here. A burn out graphic card put my computer out for about a month.
Now I have a lot of catching up........
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Welcome Back :D
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
quasadra

sounds painful. :cry: an accident?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Gadget

quasadra wrote:sounds painful. :cry: an accident?
The accident was not that painful. But the post op was bad.

What happen was the lab I am working was going to have CAP (Collage of American Pathology) accreditation. It's like an ISO for labs. So I went back on Sunday afternoon to make sure my working area in the operating theaters was ready. What I found was that the Friday evening tech did not clean up the place. (It was his last day) And I did not notice that he did NOT remove the scalpel blade. So when I was pusing all the trimming instruments into the sink, I got stab by the blade.
The bleeding was minimal. But my finder swell up the next day and my whole finger was numb. On the third day, when the swelling went down, I found that my third digit could not bend. so I check into A&E. And they arrange for an op 3 days later. Any delay could mean that the tendon could pull back from the base of the finger to the wrist.
After the op, my right hand was immobalise in a splint. And I have to loosen the splint every hour to 'stretch' the finger. If I didn't do that, my finger would become stiff. So for two months, I was a lefty.
I tried to contribute to this forum, but typing and using the mouse using my left hand just frustrate me too much. I ended just watching amine. I could not even play games as I cannot use my right hand to control the mouse.
And my my daughter, I cannot feed her, change her diapers, or even carry her. So my rest at home was miserable.
I better now, and back at work. I now carry out all duties except for carrying heavy things.
And thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate that.
quasadra

at least there is no long term damage. certainly not something that i want to go through. best of luck to you.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
QuessParaya

...I'm back?
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB
turkishproverb

Hello all. I took an unscheduled leave of absence for nearly a year. Had lots've problems. glad to be back.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Back from Japan--Now graduation and Work!!

Wow, it's been a minute since I've been back here. Oh, by minute, I mean about a year and a half, maybe.

By far, one of the most challenging things I've done, but I was fortunate enough to make it happen. I spent a year studying abroad in Tokyo, Japan. Needless to say, awesome experience. I studied at one of the best universities in Japan. Outside of the classroom, I got involved in lacrosse, was being trained as a pro-boxer for a while, and became a nightclub promoter and dancer.

Got back to the states in July and started classes at the end of August. Readjusting wasn't bad, but I see now why people who haven't spent time living abroad have trouble connecting with those who have and vice versa. In any case, classes are tough, but I'm hanging in there. Right now, going back Tokyo to see my girlfriend for the holidays and graduation next semester are the two things keeping me going.

Also taking the time to see what career opportunities are available to me. Since I'm an International Business major with intermediate Japanese language skills, some people have asked me why not pursue a goverment job. Honestly, I'd rather get into the video game industry. I have one contact in Japan right now, but I'm not sure yet of the extent to which he can assist me.

So basically, thought I would drop a post on MechaTalk, say hey to anyone who remembers me.........and if I'm really lucky, maybe get a tip on how to better place myself for entering the video game industry.
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
UC fan

I'm going to be away for a while around Friday for winter break, I may be back on by saturday. And I need to take a break from this site for a while, sometimes I have questions and ideas and I'm afraid if I mess up. And If I have caused any disruption to this site I apologise, I have difficulty with social interaction and sometimes I can't keep some of my ideas to myself, I just feel guilty for some of my earlier posts and I bid you all a happy holiday.
Meteoid

For those who actually care, i'm back. Unfortunatley my reason for being away isn't as good as Kishiria's (I salute you) but thanks to unforseen exploding by my computer, and "Nelson in Brighton" not being even slightly helpful in dispatching it's replacement, my internet acsess has been somewhat sporadic these last few months. Still it's good to be back. Bring on the five-word stories!