CatShitOne, the animated series

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
MrMarch

CatShitOne, the animated series

Saw this trailer for something called CatShitOne. Yes, that's really the name.

CatShitOne

You'll never look at anthropomorphic characters the same way again :P :lol:
ZeroBusterXX

Great Gugga Mugga!
Dark Duel

Wait...Talking Commando rabbits in Iraq?
ZeroBusterXX wrote:Great Gugga Mugga!
pretty much sums up my reaction as well.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Red Comet90

I don't understand why this is being made at all. I laughed during what should be intense fighting sequences where I'd normally drop my jaw at how brutal or awesome that was.

I don't get how it has anything to do with Cat shit though... :lol:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
The Big Zabowski

Kinda hard to have a 75 year old Cat in Camelstan fighting 20 something USRC Snipers..

Might as well call it Camelshittwo..?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ZeroBusterXX

Apocalypse Meow!? I thought the first name was ridiculous.

EDIT: Woo-hoo! I moved up to AEUG Slapping Boy!
Ryujin

I see that Botasky's personality hasn't changed at all.

Anyways, I'd recommend reading the original manga; good war drama, the anthropomorphic characters do not detract from the story at all, with much of it based on actual historical events (although that last story with the nuke and members of the SAS skulking around...).

They sure didn't mind getting it on with Vietnamese pussycat madames instead of round-eyed American bunnies, either.

For some reason, I find that Magical Marine Pixel Mari-tan is a good accompaniment to this manga ("Go**amn! She went flying off with her *ss on fire!").
MrMarch

Never heard of this manga or anime until I saw this trailer. It's rather mind-blowing to see anthropomorphic characters in such a violent context. It's like the inverse of sanitized 80's cartoons :)

I too like the name "Apocalypse Meow". I might actually have to check out this anime :)
Kyuzo Aoi

Happy Tree Friends became lame thanks to CatShitOne. :lol:
J-Lead

Furry OPERATORS!? I'm thoroughly impressed, Japan.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
razgriz

:shock: now i done seen everything, how am i supposed to look forward to gundam 30th or transformers 2 when catshitone is coming??? :roll:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ZeroBusterXX

This was on Attack of the Show. They called it Cat Feces One.
Hyakushiki

I'll never look at Watership Down the same way again.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
thanatos

Meteoid wrote:Wait, there wasn't even a single cat in the video :shock:
It's based off of the Apocalypse Meow manga. Cat Sh*t One was the name of their unit in Vietnam. All the Vietnamese (both north and south) were portrayed as cats, hence their unit's nickname. FYI, each nation has its own animal: American=Bunny, Vietnam=Cats, French=Pigs, British=Rats, Chinese=Pandas, Russia=Bear.

I couldn't contain my laughter when I first saw this video. It's like a more violent, contemporary version of Redwall. Though frankly, I would have liked to have seen them stick with Vietnam. The manga was really well done in terms of historical accuracy.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
The Big Zabowski

I think the switch to Iraq was done out of historical sensitivity. It's still a touchy subject here, so I'm thinking the adaptation came to that bridge and decided to observe the controversy that still surrounds the war and go with Iraq instead.

Relatively safer material IMO.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
scythedd7

The Big Zabowski wrote:I think the switch to Iraq was done out of historical sensitivity. It's still a touchy subject here, so I'm thinking the adaptation came to that bridge and decided to observe the controversy that still surrounds the war and go with Iraq instead.

Relatively safer material IMO.
I don't see how Iraq would be less controversial then Vietnam as its still going on...And if the want be not touchy on something that happened 35 years ago, what about all those movies that came out right as the war came to an end back then? Wouldn't they want to make something like this over something controversial anyway? And I don't no about much controversy about the Vietnam War anymore, but no a lot about the controversy with Iraq over the last 7 years.

No I think the switch would be more to make it more contemperary for the younger generations (like myself at 20) who never lived near the Vietnam War and don't relate to it well. This kinda thing looks like it would be most appealing to young adults anyway, so why go with something they werent around for when you could go with something they relate too?

Or did I switch what you were saying without noticing? sorry if I did
...?
Daemoro

Saw the trailer... that was awesome.

(and I thought Ratatouille was boring IMO :P )
Ryujin

thanatos wrote:FYI, each nation has its own animal: American=Bunny, Vietnam=Cats, French=Pigs, British=Rats, Chinese=Pandas, Russia=Bear.
Speaking of which, Wavehawk from another forum reminded me as to why the Americans were portrayed as rabbits:

Japanese for rabbit is 'Usagi.'

Usagi = U.S.A. G.I. XD