Best Buy anime sale

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
solid snake

Best Buy anime sale

Don't know how many people know about this, so for those that don't, here you go.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... store-list
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Toxicity

Damnit. The one in my town isn't listed. :cry:
X10A-Freedom

Plenty of them in Minnesota are doing it but none near me its more in the slightly smaller towns. I did get a good laugh at the fact that the one at Mall of America was listed as Mall of America,MN and not Bloomington,MN the city its in although to be fair MOA is pretty much a city lol.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I drove half an hour last weekend to take advantage of this. You can't really beat 50% off. I'm just sad that the store I visited didn't have the Mushishi box. And I almost never spend money on games or anime, so don't think I'm obsessive or anything.

What I recommend you do if you're driving far to do anything over this is call the store you're driving out to and confirm their sale. It'd suck to get all the way out there to only find that you're at one of the stores that aren't part of the sale. At first you'll get a "wtf are you talking about" response, but they'll eventually figure out what you were asking. >.>

And I meant to make a topic earlier, but I've been really busy lately. Sorry. :(
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Brave Fencer Kirby

Toxicity wrote:Damnit. The one in my town isn't listed. :cry:
That's actually a good thing! It means that the one in your town is going to continue stocking all their anime. If it is listed, that means that it's dropping its stock to just "top selling" anime...

Oh well. I might head over to my local Best Buy and see what's there...
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Hyakushiki

Yesterday I picked up the last three volumes of Full Metal Panic The Second Raid, so their loss is my gain.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Damnit. The one in my town isn't listed. :cry:
That's actually a good thing! It means that the one in your town is going to continue stocking all their anime. If it is listed, that means that it's dropping its stock to just "top selling" anime...

Oh well. I might head over to my local Best Buy and see what's there...
Yes, exactly. The Best Buy that's practically down the street from me isn't part of the sale, so their selection is probably going to remain very diverse. But I was able to make a pretty short trip to take advantage of this. I guess I'm lucky for once. About god damn time. >_>
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
thanatos

Any of my Canadian brothers know if this applies to the Best Buy stores in Canada?
I havn't found anything relating to their stores in up here. The one near me is stocked to the same degree as some of the Best Buys I go to when I'm in the US (all of which are on the list) so I'm wondering if the Best Buys up here will get the ax too.

I wish I had an America-run planned for this month. :(
laj12387

I just got back from Best Buy with Samurai 7 for $18. By the time I got there most of there stuff had been cleaned out, all that was left was the things that they were needing to get rid of(single volumes) all of there boxsets were about all gone by the time i left. Looks like Best Buy's plane is not going the way they whated with trying to get rid of all those single volumes that take up so much space on the shelfs and not selling.
goufx

oh merde!! my town was listed, but didn't see it 'till now. friggin' thing just had to end the 21st, huh? my birthday is on the 29th! NOME DE DIEU!!

p.s. the "merde" and "nom de dieu" are french. look them up.
scythedd7

Lol they listed mine as the street (Watson) its on, and not the city (Crestwood), and I was there when this first started and all the best stuff was already gone, it didn't appear to be on Blu-Ray anime (and I didn't ask, stupid me, because it was, and I passed up getting that Freedom i've been eying and just said screw it, not worth $100 half-off, I just might have ta go crazy.)

And it really sucks, cause this store was the closest to me AND always had the best selection of harder to find that the other best buys I go to never have (though they did just build a new one thats not to far away and doesn't look like its on the list). Essentially that sale makes me upset, for I'd rather have decent selection then a cheap price and it came right as I'm getting practically no work hours and could take advantage of it (why didn't they do this in January!). I already drive every 2 weeks or so some 6-8 miles to get my Hobby Japan, and the stores that always had them, don't seem to have them anymore (wasted my time just today). I guess I'll be paying shipping a lot more, but I just don't like shopping the net for anime or import book or cds (another thing I used to be able to find but now can't) Stinky NA anime market slowing down and not selling, I don't wanna go back to the dark days!
...?
Charismatic Enigma

Well, it looks like I'll have to do my anime shopping online or at the closest Hastings.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
thanatos

Re: Best Buy anime sale

I finally got myself to an American Best Buy (one that was on the list) to see what was left of the March sale that I completely missed. The Anime section hadn't changed in terms of size but most of it was filled with boxsets, especially Dragonball Z boxsets that took up two whole rows. This made me realize that Best Buy was hit-or-miss to begin with.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"